trained right oblique. ... RHP Luis Ayala retutrained right oblique. ... RHP Luis Ayala retu | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Okt 24 '19
DENVER -- Juan Nicasio went from erratic all season to electric again simply by following orders. Scarpe Air Max 120 Scontate . Before the game, veteran catcher Yorvit Torrealba told the young pitcher to "pound the strike zone." No cute or fancy stuff, just throw whatever Torrealba told him to throw. Nicasio paid attention and prospered. The righty scattered three hits over six innings, Carlos Gonzalez and Troy Tulowitzki each drove in two runs and the Colorado Rockies won their first series over San Francisco in two years, beating the Giants 5-0 on Sunday. "Thats what everybody was waiting for from him," said Gonzalez, whose team took three of four from the reigning World Series champions. "Before, all those pitches he was making in a game, it was really hard for him to get out of the fifth. Tonight, it was a different story." Since it was his first time catching the inconsistent Nicasio this season, Torrealba had a brief pregame meeting with him. In their talk, he just reminded him to throw strikes and "whatever I put down, you throw." Nicasio (4-1) wasnt about to disobey Torrealba. "He called for a lot of breaking balls, in situations for me where I want to throw fastball," Nicasio said. "He told me, No, breaking ball or sinker." By following Torrealbas instructions, Nicasio shut down one of the top-hitting teams in baseball. He struck out five and allowing only an intentional walk before being lifted for a pinch hitter in the sixth. It was only the third time in nine starts the righty has thrown at least six innings. Before Sunday, Nicasio had laboured in games, throwing way too many pitches that led to early exits. He was pretty much pitching to keep his spot in the rotation, especially on the heels of Tyler Chatwoods solid performance the previous day. Nicasio could be the odd starter out when Jeff Francis returns from the disabled list at the end of the month. More outings like this only boost Nicasios case to remain in the rotation. Not that hes thinking along those lines. "I didnt have pressure," he insisted. "When I go to pitch, Im focused. I want to do my job, throw strikes." He worked his way out of a sticky situation in the sixth -- with the assistance of Torrealba, of course. With two outs and two on, Torrealba paid a visit to the mound when Brandon Belt ran the count to 3-2. Torrealba told Nicasio to throw a slider down and away. Nicasio did just that -- even though the pitcher wanted to throw a sinker down the middle -- and struck out Belt. So elated was Nicasio that he skipped off the mound and pumped his fist before making his way into the dugout to an ovation from the crowd. Torrealba was beaming, too. "He can pitch on this level," Torrealba said. "Today, he showed it. If he pounds the strike zone, hes fine." Dexter Fowler tied a career high with four hits and Jordan Pacheco also drove in a run as Colorado captured its first series against San Francisco since May 16-17, 2011, at Coors Field. Gregor Blanco and Brandon Crawford each had two hits. Pinch-hitter Joaquin Arias had the other as the Giants lost their third in a row to the Rockies after beating them 10 straight times. The Giants concluded a six-game road swing with a 1-5 mark in which their starting pitching fizzled and their defence faltered. The starters had a 9.82 ERA and the fielders committed 13 errors on the trip. This is far from the norm for the Giants, whose rotation was so dependable in winning the World Series last season. "Were going to have our off days and were going to be bad," manager Bruce Bochy explained. "Its a temporary thing. You dont have the success weve had and not be good, these pitchers. Have to remind themselves how good they are." Barry Zito (3-3) turned in a second straight ineffective outing. He allowed 11 hits and five runs in 5 2-3 innings. The lefty struggled on Tuesday in Toronto when he surrendered eight runs -- five earned -- in 5 2-3 innings. He was looking to get back on track against Colorado, a team he hadnt lost to since Sept. 25, 2008. "Ive given up quite a few hits the last couple of games," Zito said. "It doesnt feel good to be allowing all those base runners, but at the same time battling out of innings is encouraging." The Rockies pounced on Zito early, scoring a run in the first when Gonzalez singled home Eric Young Jr. Colorado opened a 3-0 lead in the fifth on an RBI double by Gonzalez and a run-scoring single from Pacheco. Tulowitzki added some insurance with a two-run single an inning later off Jose Mijares, who came in for Zito. "Weve just got to keep fighting and well come out of it," Zito said of the teams slump. Bochy elected to rest two of his hottest hitters, catcher Buster Posey and infielder Marco Scutaro. It was a particularly difficult decision for Bochy to keep Scutaro out of the lineup since hes in the midst of a 17-game hitting streak. "Hes been on a great run here," Bochy said. "Sometimes, youve got to give him a break." Notes: Giants 2B Nick Noonan collided with Gonzalez on a pick-off attempt in the third, hurting his collarbone. Noonan stayed in the game. "I think hes fine," Bochy said. ... CF Angel Pagan left in the fifth with the flu. "He wasnt feeling all that good and it caught up with him during the game," Bochy said. ... The Rockies gave away 20,000 Dante Bichette bobblehead dolls on Sunday. Bichette, the teams hitting coach, also threw out the first pitch. ... Manager Walt Weiss attended his sons high school graduation Sunday before arriving at the park. Air Max 720 Scontate Uomo . -- An ugly goal by Nick Bonino helped the Anaheim Ducks overcome the defensive-minded Phoenix Coyotes on a night when their ragged power play continued to struggle. Scarpe Air Max 270 Scontate . Once again Jordan Cieciwa (@FitCityJordan) and I (@LynchOnSports) go head to head in our picks. Last weekend at UFC Fight Night 32 my #TeamLynch got the best of #TeamJC by a score of 9-6. Let us know which side youre on for UFC 167 use the hashtag #TeamLynch or #TeamJC on Twitter. http://www.airmaxitaliascarpe.it/ .Y. -- Knicks coach Mike Woodson said Wednesday that J. PHILADELPHIA -- A strong offence and a solid bullpen performance helped Cliff Lee overcome his worst start in two months. Humberto Quintero and Ryan Howard hit home runs to give Lee a five-run cushion, and the Philadelphia Phillies held on for a 5-4 victory over the Atlanta Braves on Friday night. Dan Uggla hit a three-run shot, and the Braves snapped Lees streak of 11 straight games pitching at least seven innings and allowing three earned runs or less. But Lee (10-2) still won his eighth straight decision. He allowed four runs and eight hits in 6 1-3 innings. "It was hot, but I felt I could continue to pitch," Lee said. He didnt have to. The bullpen bailed him out. J.C. Ramirez and Antonio Bastardo combined for five outs. Jonathan Papelbon finished for his 18th save in 22 tries. Right fielder John Mayberry Jr. helped Papelbon with a sliding catch on Brian McCanns sinking liner for the second out. "I felt he was spent. He perspired a lot," Phillies manager Charlie Manuel said of Lee. "It happens sometimes to guys who can go deep and finish games." Paul Maholm (9-7) gave up five runs -- four earned -- and nine hits in six innings. Tim Hudson was scheduled to start for the Braves, but he was pushed back one day because of a stiff neck. Desperate to avoid falling further behind in the NL East standings, the Phillies (42-45) opened an important 10-game homestand before the All-Star break looking to gain ground. The first seven games are against the two teams above them in the division. "The only way to definitely gain ground on teams ahead of you is to beat them," Lee said. "We have to win this series and as many games as we can heading into the All-Star break." The division-leading Braves have lost three in a row. The Phillies have won three of four, including two of three at major league-leading Pittsburgh. Fifteen of Philadelphias last 75 games are against the Braves. Lee cruised into the seventh inning with a four-hitter before running into trouble. Lee hit Freddie Freeman, and Chris&nbssp;Johnson followed with a single. Air Max Outlet Italia. Uggla then hit a drive to left-centre to get the Braves within 5-3. "I threw five straight changeups," Lee said. "I tried to come up and in with a fastball. It was up, but not in." After Lee gave up a one-out double to McCann, pinch-hitter Reed Johnson singled to chase him. Ramirez came in and allowed a sacrifice fly to Andrelton Simmons that cut it to 5-4. Quintero drove an opposite-field shot out to right to make it 3-0 in the second. A Braves fan dropped the ball back onto the field, and Quintero stopped at second before being awarded the homer. The ruling was upheld after the umpires looked at a video replay. "It feels good to get this win," Quintero said. "We have to win the series." Howard connected in the third, hitting a towering shot way out to right-centre for his 11th homer. Quinteros RBI double drove in Delmon Young for a 5-0 lead in the sixth. Braves catcher Gerald Laird was ejected by plate umpire Angel Hernandez after getting called out on a pitch that appeared high and outside in the third. Laird was tossed after shouting an expletive as he walked toward the dugout. He turned around and ran at Hernandez, going nose-to-nose in a heated exchange while manager Fredi Gonzalez tried to calm him. Gonzalez also was ejected. "The catcher threw the ball back to the pitcher," Gonzalez said. "(Laird) was saying even the Phillies catcher knew it was a ball." A throwing error by first baseman Freeman gave the Phillies a 1-0 lead in the first. NOTES: Lee is 11-2 in last 14 starts against NL East opponents. ... The Phillies are 8-14 vs. Atlanta since 2012. ... Braves C Evan Gattis was cleared to start having a catch. Gattis has been sidelined with a strained right oblique. ... RHP Luis Ayala returned to Atlantas bullpen for the first time since being diagnosed with an anxiety disorder in late April. ... Hudson (4-7, 4.22) goes against Kyle Kendrick (7-5, 3.59) Saturday night. Hudson is 0-6 with a 4.50 ERA in 10 starts since his last win on May 5. ' ' '