Muhammad Wilkerson Jersey | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Meckerecke
Mitglied
elaine95 Okt 30 '19

Wyatt Davis didn’t know how much he needed a pair of boots in his life until he moved to Columbus Billy Turner Jersey , Ohio.The long, cold winters of the Midwest聽have a similar effect on many not accustomed to the harsh conditions.A聽former St. John Bosco offensive lineman聽and current redshirt freshman guard at Ohio State, Davis described the first time he realized snow wasn’t聽just something that’s ‘beautiful’ to look at.Davis and the Buckeyes had just finished an indoor practice late last season. Leaving the warm training facilities to brave the freezing elements — with聽a pair of low-top Vans on his feet — Davis stepped into the white stuff and quickly regretted his decision.“Me and the snow do not get along. I don’t know how I left California without purchasing boots,” Davis said. “About my third fall (walking to class), I knew I needed boots ASAP.”Even with his wipe outs, Davis has found his footing with the Buckeyes.The 6-foot-3, 314 pounder will make his second-career start at the Rose Bowl when Ohio State meets Washington on New Year’s Day.As a native of Southern California, Davis attended games at the Rose Bowl as a youngster聽and is well aware of the building’s vaunted history.“It’s an unbelievable feeling. Going to Ohio State, I never thought I would end up back in California. It’s something I can’t even explain,” Davis said.So how聽(and maybe why?) does one leave Los Angeles for Ohio?Urban. Meyer.Davis was a five-star recruit out of Bosco after assisting the Braves to a 38-5 mark and a 2016 CIF Championship during his three years as a starter.The big man聽had his pick of the nation’s top college football programs.Davis’ brother, father and grandfather all played the sport (more on that later) so Davis聽had a pretty good idea of how tough the culture聽would be ‘once you get to that level.’“If I’m going to work that hard, why not to go a program where I can develop as a football player and be the best person I can be?” Davis stated. “[The Buckeyes] are always finishing in the Top 5 in the nation. They always have a chance to make the playoffs.“Why not go to an elite program and compete with the best?”Nothing could top Columbus聽—聽or the thought of playing for Meyer Adrian Amos Jersey , a coach with three national titles on his resume.“My first trip to OSU, it was Halloween. They were playing Northwestern. The whole stadium was packed. 110,000 fans, screaming and yelling. I had never seen anything like it,” Davis recalled from his 2016 visit. “Columbus is a city so involved in its sports. My family and I were in shock [just how] crazy the atmosphere was [on game day].”Jason Negro said the mentality to compete with the best, even if that means leaving home, starts early in the St. John Bosco program.“We got out and play big national games against some of the best teams in the country. If that’s the message which you are sending your kids at the high school level, naturally, when they look to go to college, they look at schools which are the most relevant and give them the best chance to compete,”聽said Negro, the Braves’ head coach.“[Wyatt] has just got better and better for them during the season. It was fun to watch.”Davis still stays in touch with聽his high school coaches and even attended a game at the new on-campus stadium during Ohio State’s bye week. Davis will face two former teammates on Jan. 1 in Huskies’ sophomore running back Sean McGrew and freshman receiver Terrell Bynum.“We’ve talked Tramon Williams Jersey , but not about the game,” Davis admitted.Davis expects 10-15 family members and friends to聽be in attendance in Pasadena.Davis’ football family includes brother, David, a two-time letterwinner (2014-15) as a Cal defensive lineman.Father, Duane, was a three-time letterwinner at Missouri (1980-82) as a tight end and聽is also an accomplished actor from聽‘The Program’, ‘Necessary Roughness’ and ‘Under Siege’.And grandfather, Willie, is a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame after winning five NFL Championships during his reign (1960-69) with the Green Bay Packers.Wyatt Davis’ Ohio State career has already seen one championship of its own.聽The Buckeyes’ regular season ended with a Big Ten title in Indianapolis.Davis made his first-career start in the game in place of longtime guard聽Demetrius聽Knox whose Buckeyes career was cut short because of a foot injury suffered vs.聽Michigan the week before.“I got to get him a [Big Ten Championship] ring. Just seeing him smile … it was really surreal,”聽said Davis, who even lined up as a tight end earlier in the season.“Wyatt is a guy that you heard us talking about him for quite a while,” Meyer聽said on Dec. 5. “… we [were] excited DeShone Kizer Jersey , because he’s earned playing time. We were trying to find a way without disrupting the cohesiveness of the offensive line, that’s why we put him at tight end, tried to get him in the game. He was ready to go.”The Rose Bowl is the final game of聽Meyer’s Ohio State career. It will be strange for Davis and others to not see him around the program he helped bring back into the national title picture.“It will be pretty weird, not having him as head coach. Being able to be around him, [he helps put] perspective on life. How to truly be a man,” Davis said. “I’ve learned so much. Words can’t describe聽that man and all he’s taught me.”Davis said new head coach Ryan Day is ‘fiery’ and it feels like “nothing has changed. We have the same standards. He’s for real.”The “slower pace” in Ohio’s capital city of Columbus, the nation’s 14th largest city, has been an unexpected treat for Davis.“It’s nice to see something different. It took me a while to get used to it, my whole freshman year,” said Davis, who enjoys the many good restaurants of the Columbus area. “But there is a lot of stuff to do here.”While Davis digs his deal in Ohio, it’s always great to get back to Los Angeles Jimmy Graham Jersey , especially for the most recent holidays.Davis’ first stop after his plane touched down at LAX?“In-and-Out.”Excellent choice. Welcome home indeed.Packers punter JK Scott shows significant improvement in third preseason game In a game that offered few bright moments, rookie punter JK Scott’s impressive performance was certainly a highlight in the Green Bay Packers’ third preseason game in Oakland on Friday night. The two-time All-American from Alabama was drafted in the fifth round by the Packers this year, a relatively high pick for a relatively boring position. But JK Scott is anything but boring. In fact, the Packers saw in Scott a player who reveled in dedication and consistency, two factors which have even grabbed the attention of Aaron Rodgers. “What’s interesting was Aaron Rodgers came up to me and was like, do your thing. He was telling me to just kick the ball how I know I can kick the ball and that everything will take care of itself, so that was pretty cool hearing from a guy like him,” Scott said in a quote to The Athletic. It seems on Friday night that Scott took Rodgers’ advice and kicked the ball exactly how he had practiced it thousands of times. Scott punted seven times against the Raiders for a 44.7-yard net average, an improvement from the first two preseason games in which he punted seven times total for a net average of 39.1 yards. His development in the NFL has been solid each week, which is no surprise given the standout career he had as a four-year starter at Alabama. With the Crimson Tide, Scott netted 243 punts for 11,074 yards and a 45.6-yard average and set several program records thanks to an approach where he focuses his attention on a shorter delivery and a strong hang time. Scott has also received encouragement and feedback from veteran kicker Mason Crosby who Muhammad Wilkerson Jersey , although not required, has made a point of attending almost every meeting between Scott and special teams coordinator Ron Zook. Despite hitting a rough patch in week two’s preseason game against the Steelers, Scott noted that he was feeling better after week three, thanks to the support of his fellow teammates and his simplicity mantra.“I felt pretty confident,” Scott said after his strong performance in Oakland. “I’m keeping it simple. You’ve got to keep it simple. That’s the thing, when you get complicated, you start to get robotic and get out of rhythm.” All things considered, Scott has showed a strong improvement each week and his transition into the league has been smooth. So far it’s looking like he could follow his impressive college career with an impressive NFL career as long as he can stick to his simple and consistent punting method.