Jerry Rice Jersey | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Meckerecke
Mitglied
elaine95 Nov 5 '19

Brett Favre played in plenty of meaningful games with 24 playoff starts Howie Long Jersey , five appearances in the conference title game and two trips to the Super Bowl on the way to the Hall of Fame.Favre had plenty of prolific ones with two games with at least 400 yards passing and four more with at least five touchdown passes.More Packers coverageRodgers’ recent near-perfect play leaves LaFleur ‘speechless’Packers Snap Counts: Darnell Savage returns from ankle injuryUpon Further Review: Packers lean on running backs in win over ChiefsPHOTOS: Packers at ChiefsRodgers, Jones lead Packers past Chiefs 31-24When it comes to emotional games, one stands out above all the rest.Perhaps the signature moment of one of the NFL’s most storied careers for a quarterback came Dec. 22, 2003, when Favre took the field in Oakland for “Monday Night Football” the day after his father, Irv, died of a heart attack while driving in Mississippi.Few would have questioned if Favre decided to skip the game after getting the news, but he believed his father would have wanted him to play so he took the field the following night at the Oakland Coliseum for his 205th consecutive game.“It’s the most nervous I’ve ever been in a game,” Favre told NFL Network for a special on the 100 greatest games in NFL history. “I was so worried I would lay an egg. I think people who were watching would say, ‘Hey it’s understandable. His father just passed away.’ I didn’t want that, I wanted to play better than I had ever played before.”He did just that Lyle Alzado Jersey , throwing for 311 yards and four touchdowns in the first half alone on an emotional night that featured a respectful ovation from the usually hostile Raiders crowd.Favre finished the game 22 for 30 for 399 yards — 3 shy of his career best at the time — then embraced his wife, Deanna, on the field in the fourth quarter before flying back home to Mississippi after the game.The game left a lasting impact on NFL fans everywhere, especially those in Wisconsin who were die-hard Packers supporters. That included one 14-year-old high school freshman in Pewaukee, Wisconsin, who would become a star of his own one day.“I remember it extremely well. I mean I don’t know the stats, but I’m pretty sure that back in the state of Wisconsin there was probably 100 percent of televisions turned into that game,” Houston Texans defensive lineman J.J. Watt said. “It’s really hard to explain what it felt like, I was young, so it’s not like I really understood everything that was going on. But even I could tell that something special was happening that night. … Favre was just chucking the ball up and it ending up in the Packers’ hands. It was a magical, special thing to watch and the emotions that you saw out of him and his family Art Shell Jersey , it was cool to watch.”Here’s a look at how that memorable game affected each team in subsequent seasons:GREEN BAYThe performance was one of the last great moments in Favre’s career in Green Bay that had featured a Super Bowl title following the 1996 season, another trip to the title game the following season and three MVP awards.The Packers lost in overtime in the division round of the playoffs that season when Philadelphia converted a fourth-and-26 in the closing minutes to set up the game-tying field goal.Favre threw four interceptions in a wild-card loss at home the following season.Green Bay then drafted Aaron Rodgers in the first round in 2005 and Favre’s tenure in Green Bay ended when he threw an interception in overtime that set up the game-winning field goal for the Giants in an NFC title game win at Lambeau Field.OAKLANDThe loss compounded the mistake late owner Al Davis made back in 1991 when he disregarded his scouts and drafted Todd Marinovich instead of Favre.The 2003 season started a long run of losing after the team had won three straight AFC West titles and gone to the Super Bowl following the 2002 season in the only run of success following the move back to Oakland in 1995.Coach Bill Callahan was fired after the season. The Raiders didn’t post a winning record or playoff berth again until 2016.MEMORABLE GAMES1968: These interconference foes have met only 13 times ever and the only other memorable one was the first — a matchup in the second Super Bowl.Oakland won the AFL that year and it gave Davis a chance to deliver a blow to commissioner Pete Rozelle and the NFL. Davis was named commissioner of the AFL in 1966 and sought to bring down the more established league. Instead, AFL owners decided to merge with the NFL and the deal left Rozelle as commissioner. Davis went back to the Raiders to run the team.His chance at revenge was quickly snuffed out by the Packers in Vince Lombardi’s final game as coach in Green Bay.Bart Starr threw a 62-yard TD pass to Boyd Dowler to give the Packers a 13-0 lead in the second quarter and they were never threatened. Herb Adderley’s interception return for a TD against Daryle Lamonica made it 33-7 and the Packers won their second straight Super Bowl with a 33-14 victory. Today ESPN’s Bill Barnwell went back 365 days to look at trades across the league which were most impactful. And the Raiders had a major presence on the list. Starting with two trades the Raiders made which were labeled as ‘utterly useless’. Well, that is unless you consider throwing away and third and fifth round pick to be useless. I’m sure they were somewhat useful to the teams which got them.Not mentioned were the trade of Jihad Ward for Ryan Switzer and then the trade of Ryan Switzer to the Steelers for a 2019 5th round pick.The list of most impactful trades is 30 moves long, starting with the 30th. The Raiders’ first appearance is at number 28.Glad someone was making moves to get a pass rusher in that draft. Lord knows the Raiders could have used one or two.It wasn’t far into the list before the Raiders made another appearance.“Disastrous waste of a good pick” is more accurate than simply calling the Martavis Bryant trade useless. The Raiders traded down in the first round, got poor value for a franchise quarterback move, and then wasted it to get nothing in the deal.A few spots more and here are the Raiders again, who were wheeling and dealing, sending a man who would become a Pro Bowler to move up 51 picks from the sixth to the fifth round.Patterson is a truly horrendous route runner. And he was the only one who didn’t see it, so he laughed off the idea of improving in that area. That’s why Gruden had no interest in keeping him on. Even though his return abilities carry a lot of value. Certainly worth it for the Patriots to move up one round late in the draft.And, of course Jerry Rice Jersey , as you might have expected, the two most impactful trades in the NFL last year both had the Raiders sending super stars elsewhere for top picks.Both of these trades made the team receiving the player instantly better and both would win their respective divisions, giving the Raiders a pick in the bottom ten of the first round. The Cooper trade made sense for all parties, while the Mack trade was terrible for the Raiders and always will be. I don’t really get the grading system. How does one grade impact? That’s usually reserved for how well or how poorly someone performs, So, without taking a side in it, the grade is essentially useless. But whatevs.Follow @LeviDamien