her him out of the sheds.Penrith skipper Matt Moylan k | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
wzh123 Nov 5 '19
Moeen Ali thanked the England selectors and team management after leading the fightback on the first day at The Oval. Cheap Nike Air Max 270 China .Moeen, who caressed his second century of the summer to help England rebuild from a perilous position of 110 for 5, admitted there have been times he would have dropped himself in recent months and described some recent performances - not least his second innings dismissal in the first Test of the series at Lords when he skipped down the wicket to Yasir Shah and missed a leg-break - as embarrassing.But he credited the faith and consistency of the selectors for the increased confidence of the side in all formats and for his own improved performances.I probably wouldnt have picked myself at one stage, Moeen said. I was embarrassed after Lords. But they stuck with me. Thats the good thing about this side: they stick with players and you see the results. Ive got to thank the selectors and Alastair Cook. I probably wouldnt have picked myself at one stage. It was 50:50.Sometimes guys just need a bit of experience. Each game, you get a bit better. Its a bit like my first-class career: when I first came in, I only averaged 20-something. I got the odd 100 but struggled a bit. But after a while, you get used to it and you get better.It has been noticeable that Moeens form with the bat has improved since injury to Ben Stokes precipitated his promotion back to No. 7 in the order. While he averages 14 as an opener (from six innings), 28.06 (from 19 innings) at No. 8 and 21 (from 11 innings) at No. 6 (he has not batted at No. 3, 4 or 5 at Test level), he now averages 97.16 (from nine innings) when batting at No. 7. All three of his Test centuries have come in the position.While he concedes he has to find a way to cope with the mental shift in coming in as low as No. 8, he also makes no secret of the fact that he finds the No. 7 position more comfortable. To a man who grew-up as a batsman, who used to take pride in selling his wicket dearly and learned to build an innings, coming in with the tail and often feeling the need to slog a quick 20 or 30 never sat easily.Being pushed up that one spot up gave me a boost, Moeen said. I feel like I can go out and play like a batsman. If I go down to No. 8, Ive got to do that as well. After Lords I told myself that, even if I was batting at 8, I would go out like I was batting No. 3 for Worcestershire.I was really embarrassed with my shot at Lords. I decided I had to bat properly again now. I was sick and tired of not scoring runs for England.You could argue that we saw both sides of the continuity of selection debate here. While Moeen vindicated the selectors faith with a century, James Vince failed again. It is increasingly hard to avoid the conclusion that the faith shown in him will not, for now at least, be rewarded.Neither selection was necessarily right or wrong. Had Moeen been caught in the slips on 9, as he should have been, England would have been in deep trouble and the decision to persist with him over Adil Rashid might have been questioned once more. Vince, meanwhile, was unfortunate enough to receive a fine delivery that demanded a stroke, lifted and left him. He was the only man in the top four with no reason to rebuke himself for his dismissal.Vince may reflect, however, on the harsh nature of international cricket. Deliveries like this will come along from time to time, so it is essential that, once he has established himself at the crease - and he has reached 35 on four occasions in Tests this summer - he takes advantage. In years to come, he may well regret not capitalising on those starts more than the three single figure scores he has suffered.He was unfortunate here, for sure, but this was his sixth dismissal to an edge to the cordon and his tenth dismissal in Test cricket without registering a half-century. You cant keep putting these things down to chance.It all means that England may well end the summer (they are likely to have one more innings) with no better idea of their best middle-order than they had at the start. With perhaps only the No. 4 spot up for grabs in Asia - it looks at present as if Jonny Bairstow will bat at No. 5, with Ben Stokes at No. 6, Moeen at No. 7, Chris Woakes at No. 8, Adil Rashid at No. 9 and Stuart Broad and James Anderson at No. 10 and 11 respectively, Gary Ballance, who has not made an irrefutable case for his own retention, may find himself competing with an all-rounder who can act as the third spinner - perhaps Zafar Ansari or Samit Patel - for the final spot in the side. Australias seamers may have noted, too, that Moeen took a ferocious blow to the head from a Wahab Riaz bouncer first ball. While his phlegmatic response to the incident was impressive - little seems to ruffle Moeen - the likes of Mitchell Starc will have noted that the technical issues that have, in the past, rendered Moeen vulnerable to the short ball remain. With an Ashes tour little more than a year away, such moments will have been stored in Australia for future reference.With Moeen stroking his way to a century he rated as the best of his career to date - the standing ovation he received on bringing up his century with a six suggested spectators at The Oval agreed - and England finishing with a total only 50 or so under par, the England management could fool themselves into concluding that all is well with this team.They will know, though, that had Wahab not over-stepped and had the Pakistan slip cordon been better, England could well have been dismissed for a total of around 180. Whether they reach the No 1 ranking or not in the coming weeks, they know that holes need to be filled. The depth of the batting keeps masking flaws but, against the best sides - and we may not look back on this as one of the stronger ages of Test cricket - the chances will be taken and England will not be allowed to escape.Moeen remains a man on trial. His role as Englands first choice spin bowler - a position that he held by a thread ahead of the Old Trafford Test - remains debatable and he may well have an important part to play in this match. While his bowling performances this series may have been underwhelming (he averages 67.57 with this bat this summer and 71 this series), his bowling returns since Lords have actually been noticeable better than Yasir Shahs.Yasir has claimed four wickets for 562 runs since his 10-wicket haul at Lords - thats a bowling average of 140.50 in the last two-and-a-half Tests - while Moeen has taken seven wickets at a cost of 37 apiece. These pitches have offered little to either man.Still, whatever happens with the ball, the depth of Englands batting line-up continues to save them. Moeen, Bairstow - who may well finish the year having broken Andy Flowers record aggregate of Test runs in a year (he made 1,045 in 2000; Bairstow now has 911 with seven-and-a-half Test left to play) from a wicketkeeper - Stokes, Woakes et al. continue to exhaust bowlers and punish the mistakes of fielders. Not for the first time, Pakistans four-man attack was exposed by the England lower-order at The Oval. That depth may well prove to have been the difference between the sides. Air Max 270 Just Do It White . Scott Kazmir allowed four hits in seven shutout innings, Michael Brantley hit a two-run homer in a three-run first inning and the Indians maintained their hold on an AL wild-card spot with a 4-1 win over the Houston Astros on Saturday night. Air Max 270 White Cheap . Having already announced that the race will start May 9 with three stages in Northern Ireland and Ireland and finish in Trieste on June 1, the rest of the route was unveiled Monday. http://www.max270cheap.com/ .Y. - Detroit goaltender Jonas Gustavsson has earned NHL first star of the week honours after winning in his first three appearances of the season. Penriths red-hot run to the NRL finals has been soured by a serious back injury sustained by key forward Reagan Campbell-Gillard in Saturdays thrilling late win over Gold Coast Titans.The Panthers secured a sixth victory in seven games with a 15-14 success at Cbus Super Stadium to cement their spot in the top-eight but theyll be without Campbell-Gillard for the rest of the season after the giant young prop was forced out of the game on the hour-mark following a Ryan James tackle.Panthers general football manager Phil Gould confirmed on Twitter late on Saturday night that Campbell-Gillard had fractured his L2 and L3 vertebrae and would be sidelined for three months.The Penrith prop was held by Chris McQueen and Nathan Friend when James came in as the third man and made contact using his right shoulder.The incident infuriated Panthers coach Anthony Griffin who told News Corp he wanted the NRL to take action against James, whho could once again find himself in hot water after being sanctioned for breaking James Tedescos jaw earlier this month - although he avoided a suspension. Nike Air Max 270 Flyknit China. .Theyve stood Reg (Campbell-Gillard) up and then Ryan James hits him in the ribs while hes unprotected, Griffin said.Hes gone to hospital and they think hes got a broken disc in his back.Id really like the NRL to review it. Im not happy with how Reg has ended up injured.I watched it at the time and thought it was a bit crook, so they need to look at it.He cant move. They had to stretcher him out of the sheds.Penrith skipper Matt Moylan kicked a match-winning field goal two minutes from fulltime, after the Titans had clawed back from a 14-0 deficit to level at 14-14 in the 76th minute.Im not happy with how Reg has ended up injured. ' ' '