I’ll never forget,” Lewis continued | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Meckerecke
Mitglied
elaine95 Nov 15 '19

What can we expect from Thomas this season?"The Patriots finally made a move to improve their receiving corps! Demaryius Thomas is going to be the dominant outside receiver that they’ve been lacking Infant Chase Winovich Jersey , and that he was for years in Denver! Or is he? I wouldn’t pencil him in for the Pro Bowl just yet. I think the absolute best case scenario for Thomas is Brandon LaFell. In LaFell’s first year with the Patriots, he had 74 catches for over 900 receiving yards and 7 touchdowns. He also caught 2 playoff touchdowns, including 1 in the Super Bowl. LaFell was also 28 and healthy, which makes me think this scenario is wildly optimistic. Two names that I think are more likely are Chad Johnson and Eric Decker. Johnson was 33 when he came to New England and was coming off a season that was, statistically at least, very close to what Thomas did last year. He was also healthy, so he had that going for him. He obviously never got fully into the system, and was an extreme disappointment, finishing the regular season with only 15 catches and being a non factor in the playoffs. Decker came to the Patriots after starting only 8 games with the Titans Chase Winovich Jersey Draft , but finishing with over 50 catches and 500 yards receiving. He seemed a lock for a roster spot, but could never get a hold of the offense, and was cut before last season started. Thomas will be 32 in December and is coming off another torn Achilles(the other was during the 2011 offseason), so there’s uncertainty if he’ll even be ready for the start of the season, nevermind training camp. Even if he is, time will tell if he’s lost a step, and can ever be the player he was before the injury. The initial reports were that it was a 1 year deal for up to $6M, and while that’s technically true, the Patriots would only take on $300 Chase Winovich NFL Jersey ,000 in dead money if they were to cut him in camp. At the end of the day, no one knows exactly the impact that Thomas is going to have, but, based on his age, injury history, and contract, it’s a good idea for fans to feel how the team does. It’s possible he can help, but there’s a very good chance that he doesn’t, and there’s also a chance he doesn’t even make the team. Pat is a co-host of The Patriot Nation PodcastInteract with him on Twitter @plane_pats The ex-Patriot spoke fondly about his former team on Wednesday. That wasn’t always the case." Patriots First ReadTitans running back Dion Lewis sings different tune about Patriots this time aroundNew Chase Winovich NFL Draft ,6commentsThe ex-Patriot spoke fondly about his former team on Wednesday. That wasn’t always the case.EDTShare this storyShare this on FacebookShare this on TwitterShareAll sharing optionsShareAll sharing options for:Titans running back Dion Lewis sings different tune about Patriots this time aroundTwitterFacebookRedditPocketFlipboardEmailPhoto by Wesley Hitt/Getty ImagesDuring last year’s free agency, Dion Lewis left the New England Patriots to sign a four-year $20 million contract with the Tennessee Titans. Almost exactly eight months later, Lewis and his former team met again — albeit not exactly under positive circumstances for the Patriots: the Titans blew the eventual world champions out with a final score of 34-10, in a game that was not as close as the final score might indicate.Following the contest, Lewis had some harsh words for the team with which he spent the three seasons between 2015 and 2017. “Hell yeah it’s personal,” the 28-year-old said after the game during which he registered a combined 22 touches for 68 yards. Obviously referencing unsuccessful contract negotiations with the Patriots, he added that “that’s what happens when you go cheap. You get your ass kicked.”Fast forward to this week, and Lewis is singing a different tune about the Patriots as the two clubs kicked off their two days of joint training camp practices on Wednesday. Pointing out that it apparently was all just “fun and games” and “old news” anyway, he went on to praise New England and speak highly about the relationships he built during his brief time with the organization.“I still love those guys. It was fun seeing those guys today. It still feels like I’m still there. The relationship I’ve built with those guys has been great. I love everyone on that team Chase Winovich Buffalo Bills Jersey ,” Lewis told reporters after yesterday’s practice. “I’m just happy I’m here, trying to get better, going against a Super Bowl-winning team.”While Lewis was not part of that team last year, he still enjoyed a successful first season in Tennessee. Serving in his usual role as a versatile receiving back, he ranked second on the Titans in both carries and receptions, and gained a combined 917 yards from scrimmage — all while also getting some form of revenge against the Patriots. Lewis, however, did not want to get into too much detail about that game yesterday.Instead, he pointed out that his time in New England still has an impact on him to this day — especially the things he learned from James White: “I asked James questions literally every single day. We sat right next to each other in meetings Color Rush Chase Winovich Jersey ,” said Lewis. “He’s one of the smartest football players I’ve ever played with, so I’m just trying to take what I learned from him in the past and try to put that into my game.”“I have a great bond with those guys that I’ll never forget,” Lewis continued when speaking about his ex-teammates. “Probably the greatest group of running backs I’ve ever been around. We’re all still close. We all still talk every day, so it’s just great to go out there and see those guys. […] I’m proud of everything they’ve done.”