at player. It might be one or tw | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Meckerecke
Mitglied
elaine95 Nov 19 '19

The ex-Patriot spoke about the retired superstar on Tuesday."New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski Color Rush Damien Harris Jersey , who announced his retirement on Sunday, will not just be remembered because of his tremendous abilities and production on the football field but also for his upbeat persona off it. During Tuesday’s NFL coaches breakfast, three former Patriots — the Houston Texans’ Bill O’Brien, the Miami Dolphins’ Brian Flores, and the Detroit Lions’ Matt Patricia — all spoke glowingly about the future Hall of Famer.“You could tell right away this guy was going to be something special,” said former New England offensive coordinator O’Brien when asked about Gronkowski. Neo-Dolphins head coach Brian Flores, who served as the Patriots’ defensive signal caller during their 2018 Super Bowl season, added that while Gronkowski’s abilities on the field stand out, he was even better as a person.“He brought an energy to our team that was different than anybody else’s that has been there. I think he’s just one of the best players that has ever played that position, but I would say that he’s a better person.” said Flores. “Great football player, better person Youth Damien Harris Jersey ,” was also said about the 29-year-old by long-time Patriots defensive coordinator and Flores predecessor Matt Patricia.Patricia continued that Gronkowski’s ability to have fun but be serious when he needed to be was one of his biggest skills, and one story he shared perfectly and hilariously illustrated this. “We do a goal-line, seven-on-seven period every day in Friday practice,” the Lions’ head coach started his anecdote. “I would usually stand over the cans — we put the trash cans out there as the O-line. They’d be running crossing routes.”“A lot of times when you do seven-on-seven passing plays, the advantage goes to the offense,” Patricia continued. “Being a defensive coach, I was trying to make it as difficult as possible. So Rob is running. He’s running a crossing route behind me, and I knew he was. I took the garbage can, and I just slung it backwards, and it caught him right in between the legs. He goes down hard and he’s laying on the ground and he’s not getting up.”Naturally, Patricia was concerned about one of the NFL’s premier offensive weapons — one that had its fair share of injuries over the course of its career. “This is Friday before a game. I’m like Womens Damien Harris Jersey , ‘This is it. I’m done. Gronk’s not getting up. This is about it,’”he continued before revealing that the tight end was in fact fine. “He’s playing it off. He was fine. But I was like, ‘Get. Up. Right now, before I get fired. Like, what are you doing?’”Not only will the Patriots and the NFL lose one of their best players, but also one of the most unique characters the sport has ever seen. The 1990s Cowboys were built in large part by Jimmy Johnson’s wheeling and dealing with draft picks, and Johnson developed a chart that demonstrated how to value draft picks. Soon every other team started using the same chart.That chart is now obsolete, as the rookie wage scale and research showing greater value in accumulating more picks has changed the way teams evaluate draft trades. But Patriots coach Bill Belichick says all teams have arrived at more or less the same place on how to value draft picks.“I would say that, in general, the trades over the last several years for the most part have been, let’s call them within 5 to 10 percent Authentic Damien Harris Jersey , pretty equitable trades,” Belichick said. “So, for you to have a chart that’s different than the other 31 charts isn’t really that productive because now we’re just arguing about which chart – ‘My chart says this. Your chart says that.’ . . . I would say everybody probably uses about the same value chart. I’d say in our draft trade negotiations through the years, especially the last two or three years, there hasn’t been a lot of, ‘My chart says this. Your chart says that.’ Now 10 or 15 years ago there was some of that. ‘Oh, here’s what we think it should be.’ Well, the other team’s in a different ballpark because they’re looking at a different chart. I would say that when you look at the trades now, over the past few years, a majority of them fall within what we would say is a range of a fair trade. What the going rate would be is what the team gave up and what the team got is about what you would expect them to get, whether it’s our trade or not. I’m just looking league wide. The first round is a little bit different because you’re trading for a very specific player at that point. Not that you’re not trading for a player in the second and third round – I’m not saying that – when a team moves up Damien Harris Jersey Boys , they move up to take a certain player that they want. But not everybody’s necessarily after that player, whereas in the first five, 10 picks, whatever it is, when you’re trading there you’re trading for a certain guy and when they trade out of it they know that they’re trading away from that player. It might be one or two players but it’s a much more defined situation.”Ultimately, every team knows more or less what constitutes a fair trade of draft picks. Some teams are willing to go above and beyond for a particular player, especially to move up for a quarterback in the first round, but the chart is not highly protected intellectual property anymore. anymore.