because [Gurley] was forced to miss some games at the end of the year, and we wanted to be smart | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Meckerecke
Mitglied
elaine95 Nov 19 '19

The Rams could actually match the offer and pay him less than his RFA tender."WhiteSections 2019 offseason2019 free agency2019 NFL DraftFull ArchiveLibrary 2019 NFL calendar2019 Rams regular season sched2019 Rams preseason schedMasthead Community Guidelines NFL Odds StubHub ✕2019 Los Angeles Rams Offseason2019 NFL Free AgencyDetroit Lions’ offer for Los Angeles Rams RB Malcolm Brown: 2-years Samson Ebukam Jersey , $3.25mNew,130commentsThe Rams could actually match the offer and pay him less than his RFA tender.CDTShareTweetShareShareDetroit Lions’ offer for Los Angeles Rams RB Malcolm Brown: 2-years, $3.25mLos Angeles Rams RB Malcolm Brown carries the ball in a preseason game against Oakland Raiders, Aug. 18, 2018.Kirby Lee-USA TODAY SportsLast week, the Los Angeles Rams tendered nine pending restricted and exclusive-right free agents who were sit to hit free agency including RB Malcolm Brown.Tendered at the original round level, Brown was set to play 2019 out on a one-year, $2.025mdeal.But yesterday, the Detroit Lions swooped in an made an offer for Brown. The Rams have five days to match the deal and keep him, but the concern was that he’d be priced out beyond what the Rams were willing to pay him.But per Sports Illustrated’s MMQB’s Albert Breer Cooper Kupp Jersey , we’ve learned that’s not the case:Not only is the deal easy to match from the Rams’ side. It actually could pay him less for 2019 depending on the structure.With RB Todd Gurley coming off of Kneegate, the Rams’ running back depth chart was going to be of utmost importance. With the Lions coming in for such a low deal for Brown, the Rams have an easy decision to make in bringing back their primary backup who was injured in Week 13 against...the Lions. Todd Gurley avoided specifics about his left knee Monday, allowing only that “it’s feeling pretty good.” It certainly appeared Gurley had something more than inflammation in his knee late last season, and Jeff Howe of TheAthletic.com reported last month that the Rams running back has arthritis.“I mean, all I can focus on is how I’m doing right now,” Gurley said when asked about the report, via Lindsey Thiry of ESPN. “Feeling pretty good, like I said, taking it day by day and just trying to get better John Johnson Jersey , get ready for the next season.”Gurley missed the final two regular-season games with “knee inflammation” before gaining 118 yards from scrimmage against the Cowboys in the divisional round. He then played a complementary role the rest of the way.Although he didn’t appear on the injury report before the NFC Championship Game or the Super Bowl, Gurley had only 16 touches for 47 yards and one touchdown in those two games combined.Gurley answered “not really” when asked if there was discussion about an offseason procedure on his knee, and he was not ready to address any long-term management plan.“All I need to worry about is how I’m feeling right now,” Gurley said. “I don’t know how I’m going to be feeling six months from now. So like I said, just kind of keep working hard, doing what I’ve been doing these past couple of years.”Rams coach Sean McVay repeated what he said Friday: Gurley will remain the “focal point” of the team’s offense. Still, the Rams matched the offer Malcolm Brown received from the Lions as a restricted free agent, with C.J. Anderson leaving for the Lions as a free agent.“Todd is a guy that’s been a focal point of this offense,’ McVay said, via quotes distributed by the team. “He’s going to continue to be. Really Jared Goff Jersey , what resulted in [a two-back approach at the end of last year], was because [Gurley] was forced to miss some games at the end of the year, and we wanted to be smart about managing that load. Todd has shown that he can handle that. How we navigate through a season, it’s hard to say, but we anticipate like we said the other day, [Gurley] being the focal point of our offense. Unless I’m told otherwise, he’s a pretty versatile back, and we’re going to continue to utilize all of his skill sets.”