, then open a two-game series in Oakland with Bronson Arroyo (6-5, | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
wzh123 Nov 27 '19
ST. cheap nfl jerseys . PETERSBURG, Fla. -- All that mattered to Matt Moore was that he earned his 10th win, even if it wasnt very pretty. Moore overcame control problems to allow one run over six innings and the Tampa Bay Rays beat the Toronto Blue Jays 5-1 on Tuesday night. "In a pitching sense, he was the bend but not break," Tampa Bay manager Joe Maddon said. "Wavered a bit in the beginning but he did not cave in, and thats a beautiful thing about him." Moore (10-3) tied career highs with six walks and 11 strikeouts en route to his 10th win this season and second straight after a three-game skid. The left-hander gave up four hits. "Any time where theres six walks and I can get through the sixth inning, its a pretty unusual thing to happen," Moore said. Tampa Bay rookie Wil Myers had an RBI single during a three-run fourth. Considered one of baseballs top prospects, the outfielder has eight RBIs in nine games since being called up June 18 from Triple-A Durham. Mark Buehrle (4-5) gave up four runs, eight hits and four walks in five innings for the Blue Jays, who have lost two in a row since arriving at Tropicana Field after tying a franchise record with 11 consecutive wins. After the game, the Blue Jays optioned fan favourite Munenori Kawasaki to Triple-A Buffalo to make room for the return of shortstop Jose Reyes. Toronto, by dropping the first two games of the three-game set, has not won a series at Tampa Bay since April 2007, a stretch of 19 series. The Blue Jays get their leadoff hitter back Wednesday when shortstop Jose Reyes, sidelined since mid-April by a left ankle injury, will be activated from the disabled list. "Im very excited about it," Reyes said. "I missed two months of doing what I love to do and now I know Im going to be on the field one more time around my team. The way theyre playing, I want to be part of the success theyre having right now." Blue Jays manager John Gibbons said Reyes has no limitations. "Hes one of those centerpieces of our team," Gibbons said. "Before he got hurt he was great. He was playing really well. Hes been gone a while and now maybe he can put us over the top. Well see." Toronto loaded the bases with one out in the third, but failed to score when Moore struck out Rajai Davis and Colby Rasmus. Toronto entered hitting .194 this season with the bases loaded. Rays relievers Jake McGee, Kyle Farnsworth and Jamey Wright completed the six-hitter. Tampa Bay went ahead 4-1 in the fourth on consecutive sacrifice flies by Sean Rodriguez and Ben Zobrist, and an RBI single from Myers, who was part of a multiplayer off-season deal that sent pitchers James Shields and Wade Davis to Kansas City. Toronto right fielder Jose Bautista almost threw out slow-footed catcher Jose Molina on Rodriguezs fly. "I was pretty much watching the incredible throw by Bautista," Maddon said. "He throws it right on the plate. How does he do that from that distance?" After Zobrist hit his sac fly and Evan Longoria was intentionally walked, Myers completed the three-run outburst with his hit. Blue Jays reliever Brett Cecil entered in the seventh and gave up a leadoff single to Yunel Escobar that ended his team-record streak of not allowing a hit over his previous 40 at-bats. Kelly Johnson made it 5-1 later in the inning with a run-scoring grounder. Maicer Izturis put the Blue Jays up 1-0 with an RBI single in the second. The Rays tied it in the bottom half on Desmond Jennings run-scoring single. NOTES: To make room for Reyes, Toronto optioned INF Munenori Kawasaki to Triple-A Buffalo. "Its tough," Gibbons said. "You feel for the kid -- he did a tremendous job for us. But hell be back." RHP Ramon Ortiz (right elbow) was from moved the 15-day disabled list to the 60-day DL. ... Tampa Bay LHP David Price (left triceps) will make his second start for Class-A Charlotte on Wednesday night. "What its going to tell us is what the next steps going to be, what we have to do," Maddon said. The AL Cy Young Award winner is scheduled to throw around 70 pitches. ... Blue Jays 3B Brett Lawrie (left ankle) is expected to start a minor league rehab assignment Wednesday. ... Toronto RHP Sergio Santos (right triceps) threw off a bullpen mound. Cheap Oakland Raiders Jerseys . -- Jaye Marie Green shot a 4-under 68 on Thursday to increase her lead to five strokes after the second round of the LPGA Tours qualifying tournament. Cheap Philadelphia Eagles Jerseys . PAUL, Minn. https:///...eland-browns-jerseys . Fellow centre Pavel Datsyuk remains out because of a concussion. Zetterberg has 11 goals and 19 assists for a team-high 30 points, and Datsyuk has a team-high 12 goals and 11 assists.PHOENIX -- Mat Latos started a new winning streak in grand style. The Cincinnati right-hander went 21 starts without a loss before Pittsburgh beat him on Tuesday. His next time out, he matched his career high with 13 strikeouts Sunday in a 4-2 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks. "When hes good, hes real good," Reds manager Dusty Baker said. Shin-Soo Choo hit a leadoff home run and Brandon Phillips added a two-run shot in the first inning off Randall Delgado (0-1) as the Reds averted a three-game sweep. That was plenty of offence for Latos (7-1), who allowed a run on six hits with one walk in 7 2-3 innings. "The first inning it took me a little while to I guess get into a groove," he said. "The first inning I didnt feel too good, didnt feel too great with my command. Then I came out in the second inning and made a little bit of an adjustment, and it worked." Latos didnt strike anyone out in the first two innings, then fanned 13 over the next 5 2-3. "Not too many guys score against this guy," Arizona manager Kirk Gibson said. "Look what he has done over the last 20 starts. We hung in there. We gave ourselves a chance to win. We hung in there enough to get him out of the game. You are not going to win them all." After blowing a save in Cincinnatis 4-3 loss on Saturday, Aroldis Chapman gave up a run in a shaky ninth but still got his 19th save. The loss snapped Arizonas four-game winning streak. In the ninth, Chapman got the first two batters to bounce out to shortstop before Cliff Pennington singled and went to second on defensive indifference. Pinch-hitter Wil Nieves singled in Pennington to cut it to 4-2. A wild pitch moved Nieves to second, then Chapman hit Gerardo Parra in the right forearm with a 100 mph fastball. Pitching coach Bryan Price went to the mound to settle down Chapman, and the left-hander got Willie Bloomquist to pop out to centre to end the game. Latos fanned six in a row in the third and fourth -- Delgado, Parra, Bloomquist, Paul Goldschmidt, Miguel Montero and Jason Kubel -- all swinging. Of Latos season-high 110 pitches, 79 were strikes. "Cant complain with that," Latos said. The big strikeout number was a mixed blessing, he said. "You start striking out a lot of players, you start throwing a lot of pitches," Latos said. "Maybe it would have been great to go all nine and not strike out 13, but Ill take it. It was a good win." He said his slider "felt good coming out of my hand." "That and the changeup," he said. "The changeup is a pitch Ive been working on all season." The Redss jumped on Delgado from the start. Cheap Pittsburgh Steelers Jerseys. Choo hit an 0-2 pitch into the swimming pool area in right field, his fourth leadoff homer of the season and ninth of his career. Zach Cozart followed with a double, then after Joey Votto struck out looking, Phillips homer to left made it 3-0. Choo and Phillips each have 11 home runs this season. Phillips had been hitting .164 since missing four games after he was hit by a pitch in the left forearm at Pittsburgh on June 1. "It felt good to come through for the team," he said. "I havent been doing my job lately but you know Im trying, Im trying to step my game up. Im not my normal self. Im not 100 per cent, but the thing is theres no excuses. Im still in the lineup so Ive got to do my job." Cincinnati added an unearned run in the second. Xavier Paul led off with a double, then Pennington bobbled Devin Mesoracos grounder down the third base line for an error. Latos sacrificed the runners to second and third, and after Choo walked to load the bases, Cozart brought Paul home with a sacrifice fly to the wall in left-centre. Delgado went five innings, allowing four runs -- three earned -- and six hits. The right-hander, who came to Arizona from Atlanta as part of the Justin Upton trade, made his second start since being called up from Triple-A Reno to bolster a rotation depleted by the 10-game suspension of Ian Kennedy and a shoulder injury to Brandon McCarthy. The Diamondbacks broke through in the eighth when Parra doubled with one out, then advanced to third on Bloomquists groundout. Goldschmidt drew a two-out walk and Montero singled Parra home to make it 4-1, maintaining Arizonas status as the only team in the majors not to be shut out this season. Left-hander Manny Parra relieved Latos and got Jason Kubel to ground out to first to end the inning. NOTES: After the game, Gibson said 2B Aaron Hill, on the DL since April 14 with a broken left hand, would be activated Tuesday. LHP Joe Paterson was optioned to Triple-A Reno to make room. ... Arizona starters do not have a win in their last 16 games. ... Latos struck out at least 10 for the second time this season and seventh in his career. ... The Reds played for the 17th day in a row. They have a day off Monday, then open a two-game series in Oakland with Bronson Arroyo (6-5, 3.13 ERA) on the mound for Cincinnati and Tommy Milone (6-7, 3.98) going for the As. ... Arizona has Monday off, then opens a three-game series at Washington on Tuesday. Trevor Cahill (3-8, 3.92) pitches for the Diamondbacks against Gio Gonzalez (3-3, 3.34). ... Pennington started at 3B for the first time since 2008. ' ' '