member how he injured it in the melee. After Pitt | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Dez 10 '19
ORCHARD PARK, N. Cheap New York Jets Jerseys .Y. -- Doug Marrone came to the conclusion that three was a crowd in the Buffalo Bills quarterback competition. Though the rookie head coach was nowhere near naming a starter on Tuesday, Marrone said itll be easier to evaluate who wins the job now that its down to rookie first-round draft pick EJ Manuel and veteran free-agent addition Kevin Kolb. "The more reps you give them, I think its going to be easier to tell it apart," Marrone said, a day after the team released veteran backup Tarvaris Jackson. "I believe that well be able to see it at training camp. I think the players on the team are going to be able to see that separation. And thats the most important thing." Marrone and the Bills got their first glimpse at the pared-down quarterback rotation in opening a three-day mandatory minicamp. Its the teams last spring session until training camp opens July 28. On Tuesday, Kolb and Manuel evenly split the practice time, with undrafted rookie Jeff Tuel getting limited snaps at the end of each series of sessions. Thats a significant switch from the Bills first 10 spring minicamp practices, when Kolb and Jackson split the starting duties ahead of Manuel and Tuel. Manuel welcomed the added practice time. "Your body continues to stay warm. You get a lot of continuity on offence, and you kind of get in a groove," he said. "So its a lot better." Manuel also understood he has to continue improving to show hes capable of making the immediate jump from college to NFL rookie starter. "I dont think thats anything I have to remind myself of," said Manuel, selected 16th overall out of Florida State. "Im still trying to learn, still trying to get a great feel for my teammates. Im still trying to earn the respect of the veteran guys as well as the rookies." Kolb said the additional practice time benefited him in building a better rapport with his teammates in running the newly installed game-plan. "Nobody likes when stuff like that happens," Kolb said, referring to Jackson getting cut. "But sometimes you have to. And I can already see a difference today." Jackson, a seventh-year player, was the odd-man out. He was acquired by Buffalo in a trade with Seattle in September, but spent all of last season as the teams third-stringer. The quarterback competition is attracting the most interest in Buffalo on a team thats undergoing yet another top-to-bottom transition. Marrone was hired in January after Chan Gailey was fired following three consecutive losing seasons. The Bills have gone 13 seasons without a playoff berth -- the NFLs longest active drought. And many of their troubles can be pinned on a quarterback position thats been mostly unsettled since Hall of Famer Jim Kelly retired following the 1996 season. Manuel was the only quarterback selected in the first round of the draft. At 6-foot-4, hes a strong-armed mobile player, who went 25-6 in four seasons with the Seminoles. Despite Manuels success, questions were raised over his decision-making skills. He finished with 47 touchdowns and 28 interceptions, which were the result of him occasionally forcing throws. Marrone is being careful to ease Manuel into the job. "We just want to make sure that were taking it at a natural progression," Marrone said. "Hes not seeing the same type of things that Kevins seeing out there right now. And were just working ahead and building him up." Kolb has the edge in experience. Hes entering his seventh NFL season after failing to secure the starting jobs in Philadelphia and, most recently Arizona. He has a 9-12 record as a starter, but his career has been hampered by a series of injuries. Kolb signed a two-year contract with Buffalo in April, eager for the shot to prove himself as a starter, even though he was aware the team was going to draft a quarterback. Kolb can appreciate why Manuel can be considered the front-runner for the job because of where he was drafted. That doesnt mean Kolb has to accept it. "I dont buy whats being sold, I guess," he said. "I just listen to what they tell me to do and roll along with it." Kolb noted he was in a similar position in 2007 after being drafted in the second round by Philadelphia. Expected to eventually succeed Donovan McNabb as the Eagles starter, Kolb was injured in the 2009 opener and eventually lost the job to Michael Vick. "Ive seen it from a lot of different perspectives, so I have an open mind about it," Kolb said. "Ive been through a lot of these, and I look forward to the challenge. "Obviously, it started anew today." Cheap New Orleans Saints Jerseys . Bryzgalov stopped 25 shots on Saturday in the Oklahoma City Barons 4-1 victory over the Abbotsford Heat. The Oilers signed Bryzgalov to a one-year $2 million contract last Friday after shedding payroll by dealing defenceman Ladislav Smid to the Flames. Cheap Seattle Seahawks Jerseys . Tracey comes to the Blue Bombers after spending over a decade with Queens University. Most recently he was the schools assistant football coach. https:///...ille-jaguars-jerseys . Ryan Garbutt had a goal and two assists as Dallas snapped a six-game losing streak with a 5-2 victory over the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday night. BALTIMORE -- Baltimore Ravens tight end Dennis Pitta didnt just sprain a finger on his right hand in a scuffle during Monday nights practice.Pitta later took a verbal jab in the locker room, compliments of quarterback and supposed good friend Joe Flacco.He got his little baby injury that he always gets in camp and gets himself out of a week in camp, Flacco said with a big grin while looking at Pitta in the locker room. Thats better than breaking his hip, though.Pittas twice-fractured right hip can be a sore subject with him. But, apparently, Pitta is Flaccos favorite target on and off the field.I heard Joe say, Its a good thing he didnt break his hip again, which isnt that funny, Joe, Pitta said while cracking a smile.Pitta injured the finger -- his index and middle fingers were taped together -- during a fight with rookie linebacker Kamalei Correa. He described the injury as nothing serious.Flacco did stand up for Pitta and the offense a few plays later when he ran up to Correa after the linebacker delivered a hit on wide receiver Mike Wallace.When asked about Flaccos assertion that this is a ploy to get time off, Pitta said after a long pause, I have nothing to say about it. I will get some rest over the next couple of days.I wont miss much time, Pitta said. But obviously well have to bee cautious this time of the year and just make sure it fully heals so I can get back out there. Cheap Kansas City Chiefs Jerseys. Ravens coach John Harbaugh said, Its going to be a little while for him.The Ravens practice Monday night was the most intense of training camp. There were a half-dozen scuffles during the 2 1/2-hour session, and it surprisingly included the usually mild-mannered Pitta.According to Pitta, he hadnt been in a fight since his college days more than seven years ago. He wouldnt specifically say what led to his altercation with Correa but indicated it started when there was after-the-whistle stuff that wasnt necessary.But Pitta said the issue has been resolved.Me and KC already talked about it, Pitta said. So, were good.Harbaugh thought it was a positive sign from Pitta.I like the fact that Pitta is out here making plays, and hes blocking people and hes getting after it, Harbaugh said.Pitta doesnt remember how he injured it in the melee. After Pitta confronted Correa, players from the offense and defense converged.I didnt feel it in the moment, Pitta said. It just felt like I jammed it. Then, we just took a look at it and it was just a little bit more than a jam. ' ' '