e dehumanization of women. His Man Up piece f | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Dez 11 '19
SEATTLE -- The dimming postseason hopes of the Seattle Mariners gained a spark of light Friday night, and theyll get at least one more chance to play a meaningful game. Cameron Reynolds Jersey .The Mariners (86-74) host Oakland in another must-win game Saturday night, trailing second-place Toronto by one game in the American League wild-card race and the Detroit Tigers by a half-game. Baltimore is two games ahead of Seattle, although the Mariners could force a tie with them with two wins and two Baltimore losses.All that the Mariners know is that they need to keep winning. A loss Saturday is likely to be the final nail in the coffin, so Seattle is not trying to look too hard at the scoreboard and just focus on the task at hand.We know the position we have, but we still have to play our games, slugger Nelson Cruz said.Seattle did its part Friday night by putting the As away early. Four home runs, including two from second baseman Robinson Cano, led the Mariners out to a 5-0 lead on the way to an easy win. By the time Cano and Cruz hit back-to-back homers in the third inning, the Blue Jays had already lost to Boston to give Seattle a chance at making up a game in the standings.You want the other team to lose, but at the same time youve got to win, Cano said. When its time to play, youve got to give everything youve got.The As (67-93) dont have anything on the line as they head into the final weekend of the season. Oakland managed only two hits Friday and continues to struggle with the bats.Obviously, were not swinging the bat very well, manager Bob Melvin said after the 5-1 loss. Look at our overall numbers, and theyre not that good.Seattle has used a powerful offense to stay in the postseason hunt all the way through September. The four home runs Friday gave the Mariners 221 this season, second only to Baltimore (250) among AL teams.The Mariners rotation lined up well enough that the teams top two veterans -- Hisashi Iwakuma and Felix Hernandez -- are slated to pitch this weekend. Iwakuma (16-11) takes the ball Saturday night with Hernandez scheduled to pitch Sunday.Whatever happens Saturday night, at least the Mariners are playing a meaningful game in October -- something that rarely happens for a franchise that hasnt reached the postseason since 2001.I love this kind of situation, said Cano, who played in 51 playoff games with the New York Yankees before coming to Seattle in 2014. Its every kids dream come true. When you play baseball, you want to play for October. Custom Milwaukee Bucks Jerseys . With the short-handed Warriors needing help from someone -- anyone -- to stop a three-game skid, ONeal returned from right knee and groin injuries that had sidelined him for four games and put up season highs with 18 points and eight rebounds. It was just enough to help lift Golden State to a 102-101 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans on Tuesday night. Jon McGlocklin Jersey . Houston won 3-0 to advance to face New York in the Eastern Conference semifinals. Last in the game, Di Vaio and Romero got into a shoving match with several Houston players. Romero appeared to elbow and kick Houston defender Kofi Sarkodie. https://www.cheapbucksonline.com/ . Jeff Green scored 13 points and Kris Humphries 12 for the Celtics, who nearly blew an 18-point, second-half lead. Sullingers 20-20 was the first by a Celtics player since Kevin Garnetts first game in Boston in 2007. Garnett was dealt -- along with Paul Pierce -- to Brooklyn during the off-season. In November, espnWs weekly essay series will focus on giving.The September leaves had just begun to transition from chlorophyll-filled green to translucent yellow. I was sitting in my Brooklyn apartment in 2014 chatting with my dad, a die-hard Ravens fan.The conversation took an awkward turn to the topic of running back Ray Rice, who had been caught on video dragging his unconscious then-fiancé Janay Palmer out of a Las Vegas hotel elevator.The NFL had done a poor job of handling the domestic abuse from the jump, but once the video was made public for the world to see, the league decided to part ways with Rice.This felt wrong to my father.It was the first time Id yelled at him for what I considered victim blaming. He did not condone the act, but the language he used certainly would make any feminists head spin.In that moment I thought: If seemingly kind and good and smart men like my father didnt understand domestic abuse or misogyny, we were at a loss of ever reaching the men who arent good.Almost two years after the Rice incident, former NFL star Darren Sharper was sentenced to 18 years in prison for raping half a dozen women. No bold statements from the NFL. No condemnation from his colleagues. It was just quiet.He was even nominated for the Pro Football Hall of Fame, only to receive not a single vote from the selection committee.Still.I was done with the NFL.NFL players wives and girlfriends were suffering at the hands of its men. Physical and sexual assault was handled abysmally by the league, with no sign of an organization that was moving toward actually caring about women.Then along came Detroit Lions linebacker DeAndre Levy.Levy stands at 6-foot-1. His smooth, latte-colored face is adorned by a thick beard that looks like it holds the keys to black boy magic. By all measures, he is a unicorn in an industry that has a lot of reckoning to do with how it supports and rewards violent men.Only 29 years young, he is wise. He has done the work to unlearn misogyny and become aware of its perils. This is a man who uses the term hyper-masculinity in interviews. For a football player, this makes you wonder if the Mayans prediction of the world ending is lurking around the corner.Levy has charged his fellow athletes with the task of speaking up on the dehumanization of women. His Man Up piece for The Players Tribune in April makkes it clear what consent is and what its not. Wesley Matthews Jersey. He thinks the NFL should do more about domestic violence awareness.In one of his most remarkable acts of human decency,