o play faster than what we did the other night, DeCamillis said. If you watch, theres a T-shirt tha | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Dez 16 '19
EAST RUTHERFORD, N. Balenciaga Shoes Discount .J. -- Bryce Petty jogged onto the field to a standing ovation from excited New York Jets fans eager to see him make his first NFL start.When it was all over, they left the stadium disappointed.Petty was intercepted by Alec Ogletree with just under two minutes left, lifting the Los Angeles Rams to a 9-6 victory over the Jets.Im not going to let this define my career, Petty said. Im not going to let this define me.Petty started in place of an injured Ryan Fitzpatrick, a move many fans and media had been clamoring for for weeks. But after a solid first few drives, Petty and the Jets couldnt get much going against the Rams defense.I really cant wait to go back and watch film, Petty said, learn from this and get better from it.The Jets dropped to 3-7 and their playoff hopes are just about over. Their quarterback situation remains uncertain, with coach Todd Bowles unwilling to commit to either Petty or Fitzpatrick as the starter for New Yorks next game against New England in two weeks following a bye-week break.Well evaluate that next week, Bowles said. Weve got the bye week to evaluate that and well see how Fitz feels. Well watch the film on Bryce and well make the determination next week.Fitzpatrick was listed as questionable with a sprained left knee , suffered last weekend at Miami. Bowles said throughout the week Fitzpatrick would remain the starter for Sundays game -- as long as he was healthy enough to play. The two split first-team snaps during practice all week.Fitz wasnt completely healthy, Bowles said. Although he took reps in practice, Bryce took the `important reps.Fitzpatrick was active for the game and served as Pettys backup, while rookie Christian Hackenberg was inactive.I wanted to start, Fitzpatrick said, but theres a lot of things that go into the decision.Fitzpatrick tried to prove to the coaches and medical staff before the game that he was ready to play, but they determined he would sit out and would play only in an emergency.That put Petty under center, the 29th quarterback to start for the franchise since Joe Namaths final games with the Jets in 1976.He made some good throws, Bowles said of Petty. Hes got some growing pains. He ran out there for the first time and from a composure standpoint, he was fine. Hes just got to clean up a few things.After getting the ball with 2:55 remaining and down by three, Petty tried to lead the Jets downfield. But on second-and-7 from the New York 42, Pettys pass to Quincy Enunwa was picked off by Ogletree. Enunwa tried to wrestle it away from the linebacker to no avail, and Case Keenum took three knees to end it.This one hurts, Petty said. Kind of took this one on the chin for myself. I wanted a better outcome, but I love this game.Petty, a fourth-round draft pick out of Baylor last year, went 19 of 32 for 163 yards with a touchdown and the loss-sealing interception.This is hopefully the beginning of a long career for me, Petty said. Its at least what I anticipate, what I want. Theres things youve got to learn.Greg Zuerlein kicked three field goals, including a go-ahead 34-yarder with 6:52 left, helping the Rams (4-5) snap a four-game losing streak and avoid their first five-game skid since weeks 9-13 last season.The game featured 15 punts -- eight by the Jets and seven by the Rams -- as neither offense were the models of efficiency or excitement. New York finished with 296 yards of total offense, while the Rams had 280.Petty drove the Jets 99 yards on the Jets second possession, finishing with his first NFL TD pass with a little razzle-dazzle on a toss to Brandon Marshall, who flipped it to Bilal Powell for a 4-yard score.I think he was efficient, Marshall said. Hell get better, and well continue to make plays for him.But Petty misfired on a long pass on third-and-14 from the Rams 32 that couldve been an easy touchdown in the closing minute of the first half. He slightly overthrew Robby Anderson, who was wide open but had to reach high as the ball tipped off his hand.Ive got to hit that, Petty said. Ive got to make that as easy as possible. I wish I had that one back. Those are the plays in this kind of game that youve got to make. I missed that.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Air Max 270 Discount . With his new coach and six-time Grand Slam singles champion Boris Becker watching him during an official match for the first time, Djokovic appeared tentative early against the Slovakian player, who often appeared content to keep the ball in play. Cheap Air Max 90 China . It was hard for Luck to pull off another comeback, or even get into the end zone, while standing on the sideline. Rivers threw a 22-yard touchdown pass to rookie Keenan Allen and Nick Novak kicked four field goals to give the Chargers a 19-9 victory against the Colts on Monday night. http:///...-china/triple-s.html . -- If Henry Burris has his way, he will be the starting quarterback to lead the Hamilton Tiger-Cats back to the Grey Cup next year. ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- One game, Denver special teams coordinator Joe DeCamillis is getting a game ball from coach Gary Kubiak in a jubilant locker room after a blocked extra point led to the first defensive 2-point game-winner in NFL history.The next, hes wincing as the Broncos muff two punts, allow an 86-yard touchdown return and line up wrong on a field goal, giving the Chiefs a do-over they turn into a touchdown, a four-point gaffe in a gut-wrenching three-point loss.Its the worst game Ive ever been a part of special teams-wise, DeCamillis said Thursday in his first public comments since the Broncos 30-27 overtime loss to Kansas City on Sunday night.It was tough to go through. Its uncharacteristic because the one thing that we pride ourselves on since we have been here is our coverage teams and we just didnt play well, DeCamillis said. Everybody had a turn, including me. When you play like that you obviously dont do a good job. We have to get that picked up really quick.DeCamillis said he didnt sleep one bit. It was a rough night. My kids were all in and my family was all there. It was a pitiful night. Weve never had a game like that here and I dont want to have another one like that again.The Broncos (7-4) face another good special teams unit Sunday at Jacksonville (2-9), but Kubiak said special teams didnt get special attention this week.He said there were too many other problems to fix, like a defense that couldnt protect an eight-point lead in the final seconds and an offense that couldnt protect quarterback Trevor Siemian, who sprained his left foot on a sack and hasnt practiced all week, putting his availability against the Jaguars in doubt.Plenty of players on both sides thought Denver had escaped all its slips on special teams with a tie when Cairo Santos 34-yard field goal as overtime expired clanked off the left upright.Instead of ricocheting, however, the ball sliced across, whizzing just inside the opposite post .You talk about lucky bounces. Ive never seen one like that, DeCamillis said. I heard it clang from over on the sideline. He must have gone to Mass that morning and said his Hail Marys and everything. In 29 years, Ive never seen one go through like that. Ive seeen them clang on the inside of the upright and go in that way, but not sideways. Nike Air Max 270 Wholesale. It was an oddly fitting end to a frustrating night for Denvers special teams.The game-winner came a minute after Brandon McManus had implored Kubiak to let him try a 62-yard field goal only to kick the ground and watch it come up short, giving the Chiefs a short field to go win it themselves.DeCamillis hinted there could be a change in the works at punt returner after Jordan Norwoods pair of muffs led to a turnover at midfield and a safety to go along with a shove in the back from an angry Aqib Talib.Were working guys as we speak, DeCamillis said. Thats unacceptable. We cant put the ball on the ground. We have to maintain field possession for our team and it was not a good night. We have to get that corrected quickly.The Broncos are prepared to go with replacement long snapper Thomas Gafford again because Casey Kreiters strained calf hasnt allowed him to return to practice all week.DeCamillis said his first message to his players was that he was taking as much blame as they were.If you play like that, its something that you missed during the week, he said. I wanted them to know that first. Then, we went through the corrections. It wasnt a great week; I can tell you that. We have to come back strong and we have a heck of a challenge in front of us this week.After watching Tyreek Hill become the first rookie since Gale Sayers in 1965 to reach the end zone on a rush, a reception and a return, DeCamillis said he had warned his players that Hill had world class speed ... as in Usain Bolt and Michael Johnson.Jacksonvilles returners arent quite that, but we have to play faster than what we did the other night, DeCamillis said. If you watch, theres a T-shirt that we have that says `speed, speed, speed. They heard that from me. We didnt play fast enough the other night. We have to get back to that this weekend.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL---Follow Arnie Melendrez Stapleton on Twitter: http://twitter.com/arniestapleton ' ' '