ames.Speaking to the crowd at Stanford after Sunda | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Dez 18 '19
In more than two decades as a professional golfer, Denmarks Soren Kjeldsen has never felt anything like it. Brenden Aaronson Jersey .Four victories on the European Tour have been career highlights, along with three top-10 finishes in the majors.But forming a special bond with countryman Thorbjorn Olesen at Kingston Heath en route to claiming a first-ever World Cup trophy for Denmark was a whole new experience.The Danes saw off a series of challenges on Sunday, closing with a six-under 66 in the best-ball format for a four-shot victory over crack American pairing Rickie Fowler and Jimmy Walker, Chinas Wu Ashun and Li Haotong and Frenchmen Victor Dubuisson and Romain Langasque.When youve got a guy like this (Olesen) on the back nine on Sunday you feel like you want to die for the guy, said the 41-year-old Kjeldsen.Its different and thats been very interesting to feel that.I get the sense why teams get so together when they play well and Ive never really experienced that before this week.Kjeldsen and Olesen broke the World Cup wide open with a scintillating 12-under 60 in the other round of best-ball competition on Friday and were never headed in the closing two days.The Danes only shaky moment on Sunday came when they both bogeyed the par-five eighth hole.Not long afterwards, China had narrowed their lead to a single shot.But six birdies from the Danes on the back nine calmed any nerves as they finished at 20-under 268.Me and Soren have been great this week with our mental strength - its been very, very good, said the 26-year-old Olesen, whose big-hitting, attacking style provided the perfect counterpoint to Kjeldsens more measured game.Just keeping calm and playing our game and weve both been playing very well.I wasnt too nervous on the back nine, I thought wed have to make some birdies at some point and they came at the right time.Australians Marc Leishman and Adam Scott saved their best for last, shooting a 65 on Sunday to finish in a tie for ninth at 11 under.Even daring to dream wed birdie the whole back nine it wasnt going to be enough, said Scott, who had paired with Jason Day to win the previous edition of the World Cup at Royal Melbourne in 2013.We needed a faster start.All 28 two-man teams shot two under or better on the final day, with the best round of 10-under 62 coming from world No.9 Alex Noren and fellow Swede David Lingmerth.It lifted Sweden to outright fifth on 15-under 273, a shot ahead of Italians Francesco Molinari and Matteo Manassero and Japans Hideki Matsuyama and Ryo Ishikawa. Eric Wynalda Jersey . Ashley Youngs cross was inadvertently headed by Chester into his own net in the 66th minute, allowing United to claim a third straight league win. "We had to dig deep with our fighting spirit and weve done that," United striker Wayne Rooney said. USA Soccer Pro Shop . -- Devin Hester is done returning kicks in Chicago. https://www.cheapusasoccer.com/481j-russell-canouse-jersey-usa.html . Westbrook has missed 27 games since having a procedure on Dec. 27 to deal with swelling in his injured right knee — the third operation on the knee in nine months. STANFORD, Calif. -- When you made your professional debut five years before one of your opponents at this weeks Bank of the West Classic was born, talk of retirement is bound to come up. For Venus Williams, the subject has been volleyed around fan sites and even mentioned by the on-court interviewer after her first match of the tournament.I get to live my dream every single day, the 36-year-old Williams responded on the court at Stanford University. Im not going to quit anytime soon.With a month like this one, why would she? After reaching the semifinals at Wimbledon -- her first Grand Slam semifinal since the 2010 U.S. Open -- Williams advanced to the final of the Bank of the West Classic, ensuring her best WTA ranking (No. 6) in five years despite Sundays 7-5, 5-7, 6-2 loss to Great Britains Johanna Konta.Williams was going for her 50th WTA title at the same event where she won her first professional match 22 years ago, a straight sets victory over former NCAA champion Shaun Stafford.I have no idea how I won the match [against Stafford], Williams said this week. I had no strategy and zero understanding on how to win a match.At her debut in 1994, Williams hadnt played a competitive game in more than three years. Father/coach Richard Williams had kept her out of the junior circuit, thinking that practicing with better opponents was more useful than dominating her peers.But Williams second pro match against world No. 2 Arantxa Sanchez Vicario showed how important veteran savvy and experience could be. After Williams went up 6-1, 3-3, Sanchez Vicario took a long bathroom break and then didnt lose another game.It was a pretty good strategy against a youngin, Williams said. But after a while, I got the hang of it.Now its her opponents who are the novices, including 17-year-old American CiCi Bellis, her quarterfinal opponent this week.Williams has gone on to win seven Grand Slam singles titles and is about to compette in her fifth Olympics. USA Soccer Gear. And she has seemed even more energized recently. When the Rio Games came up in an interview, Williams mentioned playing again in 2020. When she was asked if she was disappointed she couldnt win No. 50 here, Williams responded that shell have more chances.Im pretty much the most mature on tour, Williams said. There arent a lot of people older than me, but I take it as a compliment because I love being out here.Williams certainly showed signs of her age -- uh, maturity -- on Sunday, conserving energy by not going after some reachable shots. On a day that her sister Serena pulled out of the upcoming WTA event in Montreal with an inflamed shoulder, no one needed a reminder about the sports physical demands.Venus received some breaks during the week. Before the final, none of her matches started before 7 p.m. and her highest-ranked opponent was 78th-ranked American Alison Riske. But she also showed her fight. Down a set and two breaks at 1-4 in the second set and playing her third match in three days, Williams won 8 of 11 points on Kontas next two service games to delay Kontas first-ever WTA title.Five years after being diagnosed with Sjogrens Syndrome, an autoimmune disorder that causes fatigue, Williams has no plans of slowing down. If anything, Venus is loading up -- shes heading from Stanford to Montreal to play in the next tournament on the WTA schedule, and then shell play singles and doubles (with Serena) at the Olympics. In the prior two Olympic cycles, Williams took a break between Wimbledon and the Games.Speaking to the crowd at Stanford after Sundays final, Williams said she hopes to see them again next year.It proves you dont have to go until youre good and ready, Williams said. When Im good and ready, Ill be gone, but now is not the time. ' ' '