y, would I go? Good question, Meyers Taylor said. | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Dez 18 '19
PORTLAND, Ore. Vegas Golden Knights Store . -- A pregame chat with teammate Dwyane Wade inspired Jimmy Butler against the Blazers.Butler went on to have 27 points and 12 rebounds, and the Chicago Bulls opened a six-game road trip with a 113-88 victory over Portland on Tuesday night.Wade had 19 points for Chicago, which extended its modest winning streak to three games. Former Blazers center Robin Lopez added 13 points and 11 rebounds.I was talking to D-Wade before the game and he tells me to go out with a killer instinct, make them adjust to you -- go out with a full head of steam and show them why you are one of the best players in the league, Butler said. Thats what I try to do. Having D-Wade tell me that makes me think there is some truth to it.The Blazers, who had won five of six, were cold from the start, falling behind by as many as 26 points. Damian Lillard, who made just two shots from the field in the first half, finished with 19 points.Chicago, coming off a 106-95 victory over Washington on Saturday, was without Rajon Rondo because of a left ankle sprain. Jerian Grant made his first start of the season and had 18 points.The Blazers played their third straight game without starting forward Al-Farouq Aminu, who has a sore left calf and is expected to be re-evaluated next week. Meyers Leonard has been inserted into the lineup in his absence, but he struggled and played 15 minutes with no points.The Bulls built a 20-7 lead to open the game as Portland struggled, hitting just two of 13 shots. The Blazers were outscored 35-14 in the first quarter.Butler led the way with 11 points. Lillard, who was ranked third in the league with an average of 30.7 points a game, went 0 for 7 from the floor and didnt make his first basket until midway through the second quarter.Once we got in that hole we couldnt dig out, Lillard said.Butler finished the half with 19 points and the Bulls led 56-37. Wade had a two-handed dunk to extend Chicagos lead to 66-42.We believe in ourselves, we are buying into the system, everyone is working on their game, Butler said. We are actually paying attention to the scouting reports and doing what were supposed to do to win.Blazers coach Terry Stotts was asked if it was just one of those nights for Portland.I dont know, I think its difficult to evaluate. You ask about effort? When you shoot 20 percent (in the first quarter) I dont think thats effort, Stotts said. So thats why its a little difficult to evaluate when youre struggling on the offensive end.TIP-INSBulls: The Bulls lead the league with an average of 13.6 offensive rebounds per game. They had 19 against Portland. ... Doug McDermott was also out because of a concussion. ... Lopez and LaMarcus Aldridge, Nicolas Batum and Wesley Matthews all left the Blazers prior to last season, leaving Lillard as the lone starter to return.Trail Blazers: The Trail Blazers hosted the teams first Pride Night to celebrate diversity and inclusion. Proceeds from special sweatshirts and a raffle will go to the Q Center, a local LGBTQ community center. ... At the half, the Blazers also honored athletes who participated in this summers Rio Olympics with Oregon ties, including hurdler Devon Allen and marathoner Galen Rupp.JERIANS START: Grant made his first start a memorable one. In addition to his 18 points he also had five steals.Jerian stepped in big tonight, guarding one of the best point guards in the league, Wade said. He just found out right before the game that he was starting and he played big for us tonight.BULLS IN PORTLAND: Chicago has won two consecutive games in the Rose City for the first time since 1995-98, when it won three straight.UP NEXT:Bulls: Chicago visits the Utah Jazz on Thursday night.Trail Blazers: Portland embarks on a five-game road trip, starting with the Houston Rockets on Thursday night. Vegas Golden Knights Pro Shop . Tuesdays surgery at Atlantas Piedmont Hospital was performed by Dr. Xavier Duralde and Hawks team physician Dr. Michael Bernot. Wholesale Golden Knights Jerseys . Luis Suarezs double powered Liverpool to a 4-0 victory over Fulham, and Southampton easily overcame Hull 4-1 to continue the south coast clubs impressive start to the season. Liverpool and Southampton sent Chelsea down to fourth place as the west London club was held to 2-2 at home. https://www.cheapgoldenknights.com/ . Ancelotti says Ronaldo has recovered from a hamstring injury but "but he doesnt feel comfortable yet so we wont risk him." Madrid is third in the Spanish league, six points behind leader Barcelona, going into Saturdays game against Valladolid. Elana Meyers Taylor and Steven Holcomb are dealing with the same problem. Both want to compete in this seasons world bobsled championships, since it this will probably be their final opportunities to do so before retirement.Except, for now, those races are scheduled to be in Russia.And I dont see how its safe for any athlete, Meyers Taylor said.Theres plenty of drug testing at world championship meets, and put simply, the trust level among plenty bobsled and skeleton athletes that their samples would be secure in Russia is below minimal -- especially after the second report issued by World Anti-Doping Agency investigator Richard McLaren on Friday showed systemic tampering with such tests.So some tricky decisions await.Will athletes have to skip a world championships in Sochi out of fear that going there might make them susceptible to doctored tests -- which Fridays report showed the Russians are extremely capable of doing -- that come back positive and leave them banned to compete at the 2018 Olympics? Or will the International Bobsled and Skeleton Federation simply move worlds elsewhere?Theyre running the doping control? Thats just dumb, Holcomb said. Youre telling me the biggest country in the world, that just cheated with the biggest doping plan in the world, and youre going to take my urine sample and go test it? Thats insane. Im not going to let you take that. They havent really come out and said what theyre going to do about that. I dont know. Nobody knows.To be clear, athletes have been talking about their fears about racing in Russia for months. What came out on Friday only heightened concerns, especially after that report showed proof of how in-depth the practice of tainting samples has been.A handful of athletes -- including Britains Lizzy Yarnold, who won Olympic gold on the Sochi track in 2014 -- have also talked about boycotting, though few national federations have openly sugggested that as an option. Fake Golden Knights Jerseys. I want to compete in a World Champs thats drug free & safe for all. Russia, is not an option, U.S. bobsledder Lauren Gibbs tweeted.It is not a unanimous thought right now.The Russian reaction to talk of moving the worlds is essentially this: The Americans fear losing on unfamiliar ice. When U.S. bobsledder Lolo Jones -- an Winter Olympian in sliding, and a past Summer Olympian in hurdles -- asked on her Facebook page about why worlds arent being moved from Russia, some of the first reactions she received suggested the Americans should be investigated as well.U.S. officials are backing their athletes, and acknowledge their concerns are real.We cant pretend like we havent had cyberattacks or we havent had privileged athlete information publicized, USA Bobsled and Skeleton CEO Darrin Steele said. Our athletes have been targeted and we cant ignore that. Now how far that goes, I dont know. But Im not going to tell an athlete, `Youre being silly, nothing could happen to you.Do I think the foods going to be tampered with or samples going to be tampered with? I personally dont because I think Russias got something to prove, Steele added. But I cant guarantee anything. Im not going to tell an athlete they need to go. Well respect the positions of those who opt out and those who compete.For now, its unclear if anyone will go, or anyone will skip the worlds.The athletes want answers, and right now have nothing but questions.If I had to decide today, would I go? Good question, Meyers Taylor said. I dont think Ive made a clear-cut decision yet, because I want to make the most informed decision I can and Im still in the fact-finding stage. But if it comes down to it and Im in a position where Im not comfortable, I will definitely not go. ' ' '