f the ideas might be instant hits, others might pr | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Dez 21 '19
DENVER -- Trevor Siemian thinks hes done enough to win the Denver Broncos starting quarterback job. Bobby Phills Jersey .If he feels the same way, coach Gary Kubiak isnt saying just yet.Im going to make a decision this week ... but Ive got a lot of things going on, so Ill take my time, do it the right way, Kubiak said after watching Siemian throw his first TD pass of the preseason in Denvers 17-9 win over the Los Angeles Rams on Saturday night.Siemian was more impressive than his stat line -- 10 of 17 for 122 yards, one TD and one arguable interception -- showing off his strong right arm and just the kind of patience, poise and precision required of Peyton Mannings successor as Denver defends its Super Bowl title.I feel confident, Siemian said when asked if this was his job. Ultimately, thats up to Kubes.Asked if he felt hed done enough, Siemian said, I do, but again, thats not my call.Aside from his 1-yard TD strike to Virgil Green, he had a beautiful pass to Demaryius Thomas streaking down the Rams sideline for a 43-yard gain that set up the go-ahead score.Im impressed, Kubiak said. I think hes very calm. I can tell by the way he handles the team in the huddle, hes got control of whats going on. What I see is I see a guy getting better every time out.Rookie Paxton Lynch was also more impressive than his stats -- 6 of 13 for 57 yards -- leading a scoring drive that ended with Ronnie Hillmans 7-yard TD run.That left Mark Sanchez as the odd man out on this night and, possibly, come cut-down day.If hes not on the 53-man roster, the Broncos will save $3.5 million and the seventh-round draft pick they would have owed the Eagles.After announcing Siemian would make his second straight start, Kubiak decided hed play his first-round pick and sit Sanchez, something he told him about over breakfast.Bottom line, Ive got a lot to go off of on Mark. Hes played a lot of football. But we needed to see these other two kids play again, Kubiak said.Sanchez left the stadium without comment.It was Sanchezs job to lose when training camp began and hes apparently done just that with a slew of turnovers in the preseason.An afterthought while taking just one snap -- a kneel-down -- as a rookie last season, Siemian has emerged as the best option to lead the team with Manning on the links and Brock Osweiler in Houston.Siemians only blemish came on a deep ball that went off receiver Cody Latimers hands at the goal line and hit the ground, but was still ruled an interception by safety Cody Davis.The Rams settled for three field goals by Greg Zuerlein.M-V-P! M-V-P!Super Bowl MVP Von Miller recorded his first sack of the preseason, a 9-yard takedown of Case Keenum on the Rams first series.I feel better than I ever have before with my conditioning, Miller said. Im feeling comfortable out there. Were ready to go back to the regular season.Millers was the first of six sacks by the Broncos, including 2 1-2 by LB Dekoda Watson, but the biggest hit was LB Vontarrius Doras clean shot to the chest of No. 1 overall draft pick Jared Goff just before he left the game in the third quarter.TALIB TROUBLEBroncos CB Aqib Talib was pulled following his 15-yard penalty for hitting Keenum out of bounds on a scramble in which the Rams QB was heading for the sideline, not turning upfield.You dont like to see that happen, especially in a preseason game, Rams coach Jeff Fisher said.Keenum, for one, didnt see it happen.It all happened pretty fast, he said. I was on the ground before I knew it.Kayvon Webster came in and made several nice plays in Talibs place, including a pass breakup on a fourth-and-1 toss from Jared Goff to Michael Thomas.ROOKIE WATCHRams: Goff was 4 of 12 for 45 yards and was sacked for a 10-yard loss.Broncos: G Connor McGovern went in at center midway through the fourth quarter.POSITION BATTLESRams: While most of L.A.s starters played through the first half, RB Todd Gurley sat this one out.Broncos: Riley Dixon, a seventh-round draft pick, got the start ahead of Britton Colquitt, who has a $4 million hit against the cap this season. Dixons night included a 56-yard punt and a nice hold on the 50-yard FG.INJURY UPDATERams: DE Robert Quinn received his first playing time since undergoing back surgery in December.Broncos: Anderson needed stiches to close a cut on his right ear. Latimer suffered a knee injury while blocking on a punt return in the third quarter. Kubiak said he didnt think it was serious. FB Andy Janovich injured a shoulder.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: www.twitter.com/AP-NFL---Follow AP Pro Football Writer Arnie Melendrez Stapleton on Twitter: http://twitter.com/arniestapleton Craig Ehlo Jersey . -- Los Angeles Lakers guard Jordan Farmar will be out for roughly four weeks after tearing his left hamstring. Chris Mills Jersey . Neymar curled home a free kick from just outside the area to put the 2014 World Cup host ahead in the 44th minute. Three minutes after the break, a simple through pass from Paulinho freed Oscar and the Chelsea star rounded goalkeeper Jung Sung-ryong to extend Brazils lead. https:///...ersey-cavaliers.html . Wilson hit Schenn from behind during Tuesday nights game in Philadelphia, earning a five-minute major for charging and a game misconduct. He has a phone hearing with the department of player safety, which limits any potential suspension to five or fewer games. ST. SIMONS ISLAND, Ga. -- It would be a little too clichéd to open a column about changing times by quoting Bob Dylan, but hey, those words helped win him a Nobel Peace in literature, which I believe is like a FedEx Cup trophy to the rest of the non-golf world.And sure, if were really going to discuss how the times are a-changin, we might want to start with the presidential election. Or at the very least, the Chicago Cubs.By comparison, the golf industry is moving at a leisurely pace. But the better point to be made here is that it is indeed moving forward, which hasnt always been the case.For years, industry leaders have cited declines in both the number of people playing the game and the number of people watching the game at its highest level, so much so that the grassroots movement to grow the game has become synonymous with the rhetoric of these leaders.Too often this has just been lip service. Sure, efforts to increase the amount of people playing golf shouldnt go unrecognized, but the worlds biggest tours have largely remained stagnant. The popular takeaway has been that these tours are all in favor of growing the game, just as long as they dont have to veer too far from the status quo.Three announcements in the past week alone, though, have already triggered the changing times in golf.The PGA Tour revealed that next years edition of the Zurich Classic will be a team event, featuring 80 two-man pairings competing alongside each other in the only officially sanctioned non-individual tournament on the schedule.The Web.com Tour, the largest developmental tour of the PGA circuit, announced that its season will begin with two events in the Bahamas that are played in consecutive rounds starting on Sunday and finishing on Wednesday in an effort to maximize interest on otherwise golf-less days.The European Tour, fresh off a few non-competitive nighttime challenges before tournaments, is looking into the potential of contesting an entire competitive event under a dark sky and bright lights.These are brilliant ideas, all of them, for the simple reason that theyre not the status quo. That doesnt mean theyll all be endlessly successful or grow the game, but they will break the mold. Theyll move outside a box that has too frequently confined professional events to the usual conformist standards. Campy Russell Jersey. It can be argued that golf doesnt need such tweaks at its highest levels, at least not in the most literal sense, but it can more easily be argued that new ideas can be beneficial to helping the overall cause.Is it needed? I dont have any idea. I would probably say no, Zach Johnson explained. But can it be a positive in the long run? Absolutely. To add something to a product thats already tremendous and make it better -- whether its lights, dates, formats -- Im all for it. If it can help the game, if it helps fans of the game and makes us players hungrier to play more, sure. I see no issues with it.Its a trial and error process, added Jim Furyk. If its good and the fans like it and the sponsor likes it and the players like it, heck yeah, lets go. Lets keep doing it. If it doesnt work, well come up with some new ideas. Theres nothing wrong with trying.Therein lies an inherent issue with outside the box thinking: It cant only serve one master. These new ideas have to fit the desires of fans, sponsors and players, which is a more difficult concept than it might seem.Each of these ideas proposed in the past week meets all of the criteria. Each should help grow the game -- or at least enhance the entertainment factor -- without failing to fulfill the needs of one of these parties.Obviously, the tried and true traditional fan is always going to watch golf, Brandt Snedeker said. But how do we get the casual fan involved? How do we get people who dont think golf is cool to watch an event? We saw that at the Ryder Cup; people who traditionally dont watch golf watched it. How can we use that to our advantage? Its good to try it, see how it goes, see the fan response and go from there.For too long, golf has remained reluctant to stray from the status quo at professional tournaments. Finally the industry is starting to listen to its own grow the game implorations. Some of the ideas might be instant hits, others might prove to be flops.But thats beside the point. The games leaders are becoming more open to ideas. At least theyre now starting to try some ideas and see what works. ' ' '