since entering the league in 2008.Further down the | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Dez 22 '19
CHAMPAIGN, Ill. Air Max Tn Pas Cher Chine . -- As a high school player in Peoria, big games and big runs were normal for Kendrick Foster. Thirteen times he topped 200 yards at Richwoods High School and 14 times he scored on runs of at least 50 yards.But after last Novembers season-ending loss to Northwestern, Foster was barely playing at Illinois and wanted out .Ten months later, Foster is still at Illinois, and hes the owner of a day like no other Illini running back has ever had.The redshirt junior touched the ball just four times in Saturdays 52-3 win over Murray State. But two of those runs were 56-yard touchdowns and he finished with 118 yards. Thats an average of 29.5 a carry, a school record.I felt like I was in high school again, I felt natural, having fun with my teammates, said Foster, who briefly took a knee and offered thanks after the second touchdown, before his offensive teammates surrounded him to celebrate.That moment was a long way from Nov. 30, the Monday after Illinois loss to Northwestern. Foster was a week removed from his best game at Illinois, an 11-carry, 57-yard performance in a loss to Minnesota. The primary back, KeShawn Vaughn, was out with an injury. But when Vaughn returned against Northwestern, Foster didnt touch the ball.So Foster announced on his Twitter account he planned to transfer. He says his family, and particularly his father, persuaded him to stay.James Foster was a high school running back in Peoria in the 1990s, and after playing in junior college transferred to Illinois but never saw the field because of an injury.I had a lot of choices in front of me on the table and I chose to stay, Kendrick Foster said. My dad had a big say in it.First-year Illinois coach Lovie Smith says he knew little about that history. But he said Foster has been a steady presence since Smith was hired in March.My first day here, he was one of the bright-eyed guys looking at me. Hes done everything weve asked him to do, Smith said.That included losing weight, about 10 pounds, according to Foster. At just 5-9 and 195 pounds, Foster still is not the top back at Illinois. Most of those teammates who swarmed him to celebrate late in the second quarter Saturday were at least a full head taller.The top job belongs to Vaughn, the 5-10, 210-pound sophomore whom both Smith and offensive coordinator Garrick McGee have made clear will get most of the carries in an Illinois offense that stresses the run.But the lighter Foster is the first back off the bench. Against Murray State, he was a faster, more elusive change of pace from Vaughn.On Fosters first touchdown, he burst through a huge hole and was too fast to be caught by the Racers. The second score required a little more finesse, with Foster heading right, then weaving left and right again before breaking up field. But again, once he hit his stride, there was no catching him.Smith called the pair of touchdowns dream runs, particularly for someone in Fosters position.All running backs dream of scoring, longer runs, you know, breaking it and not getting caught from behind, he said. And youre a backup running back, at that. And youre going to have limited reps. You need to make the most of it.After wanting to leave Illinois, Foster now says he is just happy he stayed and has earned a chance to play with North Carolina coming to Champaign this Saturday.I was just so thankful. Im just finally getting the opportunity to display my talent and show what Peoria, Illinois, produces, he said.---Follow David Mercer on Twitter: (at)davidmercerAP---Online: Associated Press college football coverage: http://www.collegefootball.ap.org/ Acheter Air Max 95 Pas Cher . LOUIS -- Rookie Tavon Austin has missed another day of practice, lessening the odds hell be ready for the St. Acheter Air Jordan 1 Pas Cher . -- Ohio States Urban Meyer has never had any issue acclimating to the biggest stages in college football. http://www.airmaxpaschervente.fr/ .Y. - Nelson Mandela will be honoured by the New York Yankees with a plaque in Monument Park. FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Matt Forte still isnt practicing for the New York Jets, but he gave fans a reason to be excited nonetheless.When asked Tuesday if he thinks he could miss the teams regular-season opener against the Cincinnati Bengals on Sept. 11, Forte said, Nah, Ill be available. Definitely.Forte, whom the Jets signed as a free agent back in March, has missed the teams training camp practices thus far due to a hamstring injury. But he did participate in individual drills Tuesday, taking handoffs and catching short throws from quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick.When hes back, hes back, Jets coach Todd Bowles said of Forte. I dont have a timetable for him. We understand the process were taking with him, and were fine with it.Forte said he has had no setbacks with the hamstring injury.Its taken longer than I expected, just because were being super, super cautious about it, he said. At this point theres no reason to really rush back out there. I got a lot of reps in the offseason, I know the offense, and by watching in camp and stuff I know a lot more. It wont take that long to get back into it.The Jets almosst certainly wont play Forte in their second preseason game, against the Washington Redskins, on Friday night. Air Force 1 Promo. The bigger question is whether hell play in the teams third preseason game, when starters typically see the most action.Forte sounded anxious to get back on the field.This is the most patience Ive had to have with an injury, he said. Theyve had to hold me back personally because if not, if it were up to me, Id be going at it every day to try to be out there on my own terms.Bowles is taking a wait-and-see approach.If we can have him back in time enough to get some reps in before the first game, then well work from there, he said.The Jets have high hopes for the two-time Pro Bowler, who played eight seasons with the Chicago Bears and leads the NFL in all-purpose yards (12,718) since entering the league in 2008.Further down the depth chart, the Jets placed running back Bernard Pierce (hamstring) on injured reserve Tuesday, and signed running back Antone Smith. ' ' '