hey sent scouts to Cleveland during the playoffs to evaluate Dellavedova, and coach | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
chenwen121314 Dez 23 '19
Forget rival boxers, Britains Josh Kelly has been fighting the flab to realise his dream of claiming an Olympic medal in Rio. Vans Shoes Discount .The welterweight nearly blew his chances of making the Team GB squad when he fell out of love with the sport and packed on an extra two stone as he let his diet go to the wall.Eventually tipping the scales at 81kg -- some 12kg over the welterweight limit -- Kelly realised almost too late that he was sabotaging his own chances of standing on the podium in Rio.I had a couple of injuries and fell out of love with the sport, Kelly told ESPN. I didnt want to do it. People would mention the Olympics to me and I just didnt want to know.Ive got the body type thatll put loads of weight on, but I just started eating like a normal kid. I wasnt eating daft, I was just eating normal meals, chilling out and not training.Over Christmas [last year] I had too much of a layoff. I was having such a good year in 2015, but at Christmas time I just thought Id sit back a little bit and relax. The other lads were in the gym for hours, but I was letting them slap me here and there.There is little doubt about Kellys talent. The 22-year-old notched a bronze at last years European Games in Baku, falling in the semifinals to home fighter Parviz Baghirov via a questionable decision.However, after losing his edge over the winter, Kelly was in no shape to enter the European Olympic qualifying event in Turkey in April. And it was at that moment the fighter realised he was putting his Rio dream in jeopardy.Being the weight I was, I was never going to get to [Turkey], he explained. It came too quick. If I had to drop the weight I wouldnt have been healthy for it. When they selected another lad for that competition, the penny dropped.The coaches said if I didnt have the natural talent, theyd be wasting their time on me. But they said they could see a potential medallist, so I was worth sticking with. I kept thinking, when I make this weight Im qualifying.But the motivation for Kelly to return to the sport did not just come from seeing other boxers given the nod ahead of him. As is often the way with young men, Kelly had to be told by a parent.There was a time I was sat there with my dad and he said, you dont want any regrets when youre older. Now you might think it [quitting] is a good choice, but when youre older youll think about what could have been.After missing the European qualifiers in April, Kelly faced a race against time to turn his life around and reach Rio. Newly motivated, his chance came at the final Olympic qualifier in June, back in Baku.The return to the Azerbaijani capital saved Kellys amateur career. After a ferocious training schedule and a new diet -- based on boring fruit, veg and water -- he qualified for Rio with victory over Trinidad and Tobagos Aaron Prince in the quarterfinals.Proudly taking his place among the biggest British boxing team at an Olympics for 32 years, Kelly faces a tough opener against Egypts Walid Sedik Mohamed on Monday night. But after battling so hard just to book his seat on the plane, theres no way Kelly has flown to Rio just to make up the numbers.If youre going there, youre going to get gold, he said. Youre not going there to mess about. Ive got high expectations of myself. Obviously I need to go there and enjoy the experience. Hopefully thatll let me perform to the best of my abilities.Improbably, when hes not in the ring, Kelly is often to be found in front of the camera. The Sunderland native has found work as a part-time model, but he is prepared to lay his good looks on the line for a shot at gold in Rio.I guess Im not too bad on the eye, Kelly joked. My stylist says I should avoid getting hit, but Im not one of those kids who stands there and slugs it out. Im in and out from different angles. Its done me good over the years.The Olympics changes your life. If I can make it at the Olympics, it would finish my job as an amateur. The next stage is a medal, its just the pinnacle of the sport. Vans Old Skool Sale . - Levi Browns tenure at left tackle for the Pittsburgh Steelers is over before it even began. Cheap Vans SK8 . -- Running backs Darren McFadden and Rashad Jennings were back at practice for the Oakland Raiders on Wednesday despite being hampered by hamstring injuries. http://www.vanssalestore.com/vans-old-skool-clearance.html . Tomas Berdych and Radek Stepanek defeated Nenad Zimonjic and Ilija Bozoljac 6-2, 6-4, 7-6 (4) on the indoor hard-court at Belgrade Arena. The victory improved the Czech pairs impressive cup doubles record to 14-1. Restricted free agent Matthew Dellavedova has agreed to an offer sheet with the Milwaukee Bucks, a source told ESPNs Jeff Goodman.?The four-year deal is worth $38.4 million, sources told ESPN.?Sources told ESPNs Brian Windhorst that the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Bucks have had some sign-and-trade talks on Dellavedova but have made no traction.The Bucks are confident the Cavs will not match the offer sheet, sources said. The Cavaliers have three days to do so once the offer sheet is signed. July 7 is the first day that free agents may sign deals.?LeBron JJames tweeted on Friday afternoon to congratulate Dellavedova and wish him luck. Vans Sk8 Low Sale. The Bucks have signaled their interest in Dellavedova for some time. They sent scouts to Cleveland during the playoffs to evaluate Dellavedova, and coach Jason Kidd attended a Finals game.Earlier Friday, the Bucks agreed with free agent forward?Mirza Teletovic on a three-year deal.?Information from ESPNs Zach Lowe was used in this report. ' ' '