playing in the Champions League," Suarez said | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
wzh123 Dez 25 '19
WALTHAM, Mass. Air Max 97 Muted Bronze Suede . -- Boston Celtics big man Al Horford is still dealing with the lingering effects of a concussion and is uncertain when hell play again.Horford, who was concussed when he was inadvertently struck by a teammate at practice on Oct. 31, went on Bostons recent two-game road trip with hopes of returning to action but said he is simply not ready to play.Im just not where I want to be right now, but trying to work through it, Horford said after going through a light workout with his teammates Tuesday. This is something very new to me, so its just trying to get used to this.Pressed on whats holding him back, Horford declined to elaborate on his progression through the NBAs concussion protocol.Im not at liberty to discuss a lot of those things yet, Horford said. On-the-court-wise, the times that Ive been on, I felt good with my workouts. Its just to play, Im just not there yet.Asked if he might be ready to play Friday against the Golden State Warriors, Horford said simply that hes antsy to play again.Ive been very motivated to come back. This is just something very different, Horford said. Like Ive said, I havent dealt with anything like this before. So were really taking it day by day. Thats just all I can do right now.Horford later added that he is a competitor.I want to be out helping my team, and us growing together, he said. But the last thing I want to do is have a setback, come in when Im not supposed to, and set myself back for a longer period of time.Were trying to be as smart as we can about this. I just want to make sure that when Im ready to go, Im good to go.Horford signed a four-year, $113 million contract with the Celtics this summer. As the Celtics battle injuries at the start of the season, teammates are hopeful Horford will feel good enough to return soon.We want him back and hopefully hell be back sooner rather than later, Celtics guard Isaiah Thomas said. You cant mess with the brain. You cant mess with the head. If hes not feeling like himself, then he has to wait until he is.The Celtics have gone 3-4 in the seven games that Horford has missed. Boston also has been without Jae Crowder (ankle) for much of the same stretch, and the teams defense has suffered without the pair.Crowder will not play Wednesday against the Dallas Mavericks, his former team, but he engaged in shooting drills after practice. Air Max 97 White Cone .J. -- Seven games into a disappointing season, New York Giants defensive catalyst Jason Pierre-Paul is getting the feeling hes back. Air Max 97 VaporMax . After Gasquet beat fifth-seeded Ivan Dodig of Croatia 7-5, 6-3, Tsonga followed up with a 6-7 (3), 6-2, 6-2 win against sixth-seeded Edouard Roger-Vasselin in an all-French match. http:///...cial-snake-skin.html . Canada is now down to its 22-player limit, although but players wont be registered until Christmas Day. Changes could still be made as a result of a suspension or injury.LIVERPOOL, England -- Luis Suarez on Tuesday accused Liverpool of breaking an agreement in his contract by refusing to let him leave Anfield, saying he had been promised permission to join another club if the Reds failed to reach the Champions League. In his first public comments since Arsenal made a 40-million pound bid for the Uruguay striker, Suarez told British newspaper The Guardian on Tuesday that he is ready to take his case to the Premier League, and called on Liverpool to "honour our agreement." "Last year I had the opportunity to move to a big European club and I stayed on the understanding that if we failed to qualify for the Champions League the following season Id be allowed to go," Suarez was quoted as saying. "I gave absolutely everything last season but it was not enough to give us a top-four finish - now all I want is for Liverpool to honour our agreement." The comments will increase the pressure on Liverpool to reach a deal for the disgruntled player, and will likely boost Arsenals hopes of signing the kind of top-class attacking talent the club has been going after this off-season. "They gave me their word a year ago and now I want them to honour that," Suarez said. "And it is not just something verbal with the coach but something that is written in the contract. Im not going to another club to hurt Liverpool." Suarez was left out of Liverpools squad for a preseason match in Norway because of a foot injury, and his comments were published hours later on the Guardians website. Air Max 97 London Summer Of Love. Arsenal reportedly made the 40-million pound believing it triggered a release clause in Suarezs contract, but Anfield officials have maintained that they are under no obligation to sell the player, and that his value is much higher. Suarez accused Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers of going back on his promise by stating in public that he was planning for Suarez to stay at the club. "I spoke with Brendan Rodgers several times and he told me: Stay another season, and you have my word if we dont make it then I will personally make sure that you can leave," Suarez said. "I just want them to abide by the promises made last season." Suarez has scored 51 goals in 96 games for Liverpool and was one of the best players in the league over the last two seasons. But his stint at Anfield has been marked by controversy, including a ban for racially abusing Manchester United defender Patrice Evra and another lengthy suspension for biting Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic toward the end of the last campaign. "Im 26. I need to be playing in the Champions League," Suarez said. "I have to put my career first. People say Liverpool deserve more from me but I have scored 50 goals in less than 100 games and now they could double the money they paid for me." ' ' '