ese. It was the first time Id gotten out all year, Wentz | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Dez 26 '19
For as long as he can remember, Carson Wentz has hated idleness. Los Angeles Clippers Shirts . Sitting still, without a plan or a purpose, feels like torture. He has trouble relaxing and gets anxious when the structure of his day breaks down. An island vacation, without a watch on his wrist or schedule to stick to, would make him miserable.In recent years, however, hunting has evolved into the one exception, the lone antidote to his restlessness. It wasnt always that way. Wentz hated hunting as a kid, a quirk that made him a bit of an oddity growing up in Bismarck, North Dakota. The first few times his father dragged him to a pond or an empty field outside the city to go duck hunting, the misery couldnt end soon enough.But gradually, over time, he realized it was the one place where his brain would slow down. To crouch down in the mud and the straw with a gun in his hand, just listening for a bird to emerge, became a spiritual experience. It was an escape from football and the pressures of his budding fame. He liked it so much, he vowed to continue hunting whenever possible when he was drafted by the Eagles. Thats how he found himself with a 12-gauge shotgun by his side, lying down in a goose blind in the middle of a New Jersey cornfield in late August, on the day everything about his 2016 and his life changed.Up to that point, Wentzs rookie year with the Eagles was off to an uneventful start. Hed been told, more or less, to view it like a redshirt season. The team -- initially concerned about the steep learning curve he faced in coming to the NFL from North Dakota State --?hinted that he might sit the entire season, a third-stringer behind Sam Bradford and Chase Daniel. Wentz had played in Philadelphias first preseason game but then missed the next two with a rib injury.The idea he might suddenly be looked upon as the savior was such an unlikely possibility the day after the Eagles fourth preseason game that Wentz spent all morning and some of the afternoon with his father, brother and a few friends hunting geese. It was the first time Id gotten out all year, Wentz said. I was loving the fact that I was out in the middle of nowhere again, taking me back to how I like to relax.It was a slow day. Theyd bagged only one goose, and even then, it was difficult to discern who could even lay claim to the kill. We