ward and second-year NHLer has th | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Dez 26 '19
Adil Rashids improved form offered captain Alastair Cook some consolation in the wake of Englands 246-run defeat to India. Gar Heard Jersey . Rashid took six wickets in Visakhapatnam, to go with his seven-for in the first Test in Rajkot, though it couldnt prevent England from slipping to a 1-0 series deficit as they were bowled out for 158 on the final day. India v England: Story of 2012 On Englands last trip to India in 2012, Alastair Cook led his side to victory from 1-0 down... He has made huge strides, said Cook. It is just so encouraging to see someone really fulfilling their potential. Obviously Rash can bowl - hes a really good bowler, in fact - but hes starting to believe it a bit more in Test cricket now.I think Im right in saying that if he takes one more wicket, hell have as many as Shane Warne ever got in a series in India. So he is doing some good stuff.I have been really impressed with the control he has shown. One thing we said after Bangladesh was that we didnt have that control from our spinners. Adil Rashids control has improved since the Bangladesh tour, says Alastair Cook He has taken that to heart, gone away and worked incredibly hard - Saqlain Mushtaq coming in as a coach has been really good for him, and all of the spinners, in fact.The full tosses and long-hops he had been bowling have disappeared, and thats huge credit to him.Reflecting further on Englands defeat in the second Test, Cook rued losing an important toss and said a couple of poor sessions cost them. Watch the best of the action as England slipped to defeat on day five of the second Test And looking ahead to the third Test in Mohali on Saturday, Cook wouldnt be drawn on whether Stuart Broad would be fit enough to play, but did praise his fast bowlers efforts in playing through the pain barrier to take 4-33 in Indias second innings.It was a good toss for India to win, added Cook. We all saw that it was the easiest to bat on the first day, theres no doubt about that.In India you need to score first-innings runs, and we needed at least parity in that first innings, so it was disappointing to lose five wickets late on day two, you cant afford to have a poor session like that.But from then on, we showed a lot of character and fight - Jonny Bairstow and Ben Stokes partnership on the third morning, our efforts with the ball in the third innings, and then to bat 100 overs in the fourth.The guys have shown a lot of character so far on this tour, and were not far away. Stuart Broad was back among the wickets in the second Test despite a foot injury (Credit: AFP) Full credit to Broady, in particular, as I think his injury is a lot sorer than he showed everyone in that India second innings.Tearing a tendon in your toe doesnt sound particularly pleasant, so to bowl like he did was a huge credit to his resilience and his toughness. Thats probably why he has played 100 Tests.Well see how his injury settles over the next 24 hours. The conditions sometimes suit seamers in Mohali, but I doubt were going to see too much grass on the pitch, if Im honest.Hopefully we can go there and put India under some pressure; get the first of a couple of wins to get back in the series. Watch live coverage of the third Test between India and England from Mohali, on Sky Sports 2 from 3.30am on Saturday. Also See: England slump to heavy defeat WATCH: Day Five highlights Ind v Eng: Story of 2012 Cricket videos Johnathan Motley Jersey . Burris threw two TD passes, including a key 15-yard fourth-quarter strike to Bakari Grant that effectively countered a Toronto comeback bid and led Hamilton to a 33-19 victory. Stitched Clippers Jerseys . "I dont know that were close," said general manager Alex Anthopoulos. "I just think, right now, the acquisition cost just doesnt work for us right now. I dont know if I can quantify how far off or things like that that they might be but I would say we continue to have dialogue. https:///...jersey-clippers.html .Y. -- The Buffalo Sabres have placed centre Cody Hodgson on injured reserve and recalled two players from their AHL affiliate in Rochester. What do you need to know about last nights big stories? Joe McDonald gives us his take on the biggest and best. This is where we say, Morning, Joe.Heads up, goalies: A goaltender should be fair game for a legal hit when he leaves the crease. A team sport, especially hockey, shouldnt have different rules for different players. And if goalies were eligible for contact, they wouldnt be playing the puck as often and wed see an increase in offense. However, Rule 42.1 clearly states a goalie is not fair game when outside the crease, so the Dallas Stars Cody Eakin will have the book thrown at him for violently crashing into New York Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist behind the net during the first period of New Yorks 2-0 victory Thursday. Eakin was given a five-minute major for charging and a game misconduct. Supplemental discipline is on the way, and Eakin should receive more than a one-game suspension. It looked like he didnt attempt to avoid a collision and left his feet at the point of contact, sending Lundqvist into a tailspin. Lundqvist left the game but was able to return and finished with 27 saves and a shutout in his first start in four games.Matthews is responsible: The biggest impact Toronto Maple Leafs rookie Auston Matthews will have during his career is building the game of hockey in the Southwest. Just like Wayne Gretzky accomplished in California when he played for the Los Angeles Kings, as a native of Scottsdale, Arizona, Matthews has a chance to influence the sporrt kids pick while growing up. Kawhi Leonard Jersey. He faced his childhood team for the first time and scored a goal in a 3-2 Leafs loss to the Arizona Coyotes in Toronto on Thursday. Matthews will get his chance to play in front of his hometown crowd when the Coyotes host the Maple Leafs next week. Its still incredible to think that the 2016 No. 1 overall pick grew up in Arizona, a nontraditional hockey market. Given his ability and hype surrounding his career, its safe to say kids from the area will see his success and want to play the game, too.Crosbys in their corner: In a recent conversation with me, Pittsburgh Penguins superstar Sidney Crosby compared the Boston Bruins David Pastrnak to the Chicago Blackhawks Artemi Panarin. Thats high praise coming from the best player in the world about one of the more dynamic players in the league in Panarin, who scored two goals and added an assist to help Chicago to a 5-4 win against the New York Islanders on Thursday. The 25-year-old forward and second-year NHLer has three goals and three assists for six points in his past three games. Overall, he has 13-16-29 in 32 games. Pastrnak, 20, has 19 goals and seven assists for 26 points in 27 games. Statistics aside, both Panarin and Pastrnak are so much fun to watch. Their creativity is on display every night and its great for fans -- especially one named Crosby. ' ' '