y wants it back.How Ginny handles her menta | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Dez 29 '19
For almost as long as she can remember, Callie duPerier Apffel was bouncing from rodeo to rodeo across the U. Tony Parker Jersey .S. and Canada, chasing a dream. DuPerier Apffel, 23, grew up on trail horses and began barrel racing when she was 13. For her, riding and racing fit like boots and jeans -- despite the fact shes allergic to both horses and hay and has to take medication because of it.I probably went to thousands of races as kid, she says. I cant even count how many times Ive gone to a barrel race or how many times Ive ridden around barrels.From the moment she was introduced, she was hooked. I love horses, so being able to do that on your horse, I thought it was really cool, she says. The adrenaline rush she felt was more intense than from any other sport.Racers go as fast as possible in a cloverleaf pattern through three barrels -- trying hard not to knock over a barrel (a five-second penalty). Races usually last between 13 and 20 seconds.DuPerier Apffel started a few years later than most girls but learned quickly. As a high school senior she won the Womens Professional Rodeo Association junior world title. After three years in college, she set her sights on one goal: to win the National Finals Rodeo world title.Trip duPerier has traveled the country with his daughter, helped her strategize before races and bought her the horses -- a wide variety -- that helped teach her to ride. He says Callie is humble and calm -- but shes also extremely competitive and athletic. She dont look it on the outside, but she and me both, we do not like to lose, he says, laughing.He recalls how she played volleyball, basketball, ran track and was a cheerleader at little Medina High School outside San Antonio. He says in one hurdles race, she fell down on the second-to-last hurdle, but got back up and won. At one point, when she injured her knee and couldnt run, she entered the shot put -- and made the state championship. She went out for basketball for the first time as a senior, scored a bunch of points and even pulled off a reverse layup without ever having practiced the shot.Everybody was saying, Where did she come up with that? Trip says.At the same time, she was competing in high school rodeo. With her dad in her corner, many weekends were a blur. There would be times when he would pick me up from school or pick me up from a volleyball tournament and Id sleep the whole way to the rodeo, and then hed wake me up and Id hop on and run.She was torn between playing college volleyball and going on the rodeo circuit after high school, but decided to play volleyball at Schreiner University in Kerrville, Texas. The 5-foot-10 outside hitter did well -- she ranks No. 3 on the schools list for most points in a season -- but suffered a shoulder injury that prompted her to leave college and pursue rodeo after three seasons.Her quest became to qualify for National Finals Rodeo and win the world title. To do that, shed have to crisscross the country, entering rodeos here, there and everywhere to earn enough money to be among the top 15 earners invited to the annual NFR event in Las Vegas.Its a tough and expensive task, but Callie and Trip were committed to it. It meant long drives and plane rides, sometimes trailering two horses at a time (they hired a driver) so theyd have horses at different venues at the same time, and the support of shoers, veterinarians, other riders and the whole duPerier family. Callie might have to be in Oakdale, Utah, one night and St. Paul, Oregon, the next. A victory could be worth a few hundred dollars or several thousand. It was a marathon.Wed be like in Tupelo, Mississippi, and in 16 hours youve got to be at the southern tip of Florida, and youre driving 75, 80 the whole way and you step out of your trailer, you saddle your horse and theyre calling your name, Trip recalls.Her first full season of 2014 she competed in 85 events and finished 25th in earnings. But she was No. 3 among Womens Pro Rodeo Association rookies. In 2015, she entered 100 events and was No. 1 in money earned -- and qualified for Vegas.Going into the 10-round, three-day NFR competition, Callie and Trip had a plan: be consistent, dont hit barrels and keep advancing and winning money. She decided to focus on each race without thinking about cumulative times or earnings. I was like, Yeah, I can make 10 clean runs on [my horse] Dillon. And thank goodness it happened, she says.At the end of 10 runs, her aggregate time was 140.41 seconds, .34 less than the next rider. That gave her the average title for that competition and $67,269 in prize money, which vaulted her to the top of the season money list at $303,846. She had become world champion.I got to do a victory lap because I had won the average, but I had no idea that I had won the world, she says. So I did my victory lap and was waving and got off and they were talking to me and telling me congratulations, and I still thought Id just won the average. Then when I was about to do an interview, they said something about winning the world, and I was like, Wait, I won? ... I started crying and said, I have to tell my dad. Being a numbers guy, Trip already knew, even if she didnt. He also knew that the long run to a championship was both satisfying and expensive. I bet it cost us about 150 [thousand dollars] to make 300, he says.After winning that title last year, duPerier Apffel decided 2016 would be the perfect time to rein in the pro career. She had a wedding to plan in May and moved to Galveston, Texas, where her husband, Kaleb, operates a lumber yard. Instead of spending months on the road and galloping around barrels, shes organizing and decorating their home and hunting and fishing with Kaleb. For once, she has free time.She has competed in several events of the new Elite Rodeo Athletes (ERA) League of Rodeo Champions, even winning the first one in Oregon in April and taking second at the next stop in Idaho. Yet she admits shes not all-in the way she has been in the past. She has other priorities, like staying close to home and maybe starting a family. She has no desire to live out of a suitcase anymore. But its hard to keep a world champion barrel racer out of the saddle.When shes asked if rodeo -- perhaps on a smaller scale -- might always be a part of her life, she says yes. I dont plan on fully quitting, because its fun, she says. I love it. I like the rush of riding. Willie Anderson Jersey . Gather a group of friends, or find a league to join online, draft your team, set your lineup and compete in a number of different formats. Sean Elliott Jersey . The players spoke Jan. 13 during a Major League Baseball Players Association conference call after Rodriguez sued the union and Major League Baseball to overturn an arbitrators decision suspending him for the 2014 season and post-season. https://www.cheapspurs.com/166j-bruce-bowen-jersey-spurs.html . Hey!" The lower tier of the School End of Queens Park Rangers Loftus Road was packed solid with a very festive-sounding Chelsea choral section in this particular part of South Africa Road London, W12. This post contains spoilers.Sports are just as much mental competition as they are physical, and its OK, to not be OK. Thats what my coaches always said to me growing up, and thats the very point Pitch makes this week. With Ginny Baker (Kylie Bunbury) reeling from the pressure of being Ginny-freaking-Baker, the powers that be called in a sports psychiatrist for her.Im here for any message that disrupts the play through the pain (any kind of pain) mantra that dominates sports. Watching Ginny let loose was fun at first, until it became clear that she was unraveling. That was far less comfortable.Ginny, however, never went to college; she never partied. Not to mention the fact that she appears to only hang out with men except for Evelyn (Meagan Holder), who is her teammate Blips (Mo McRae) wife -- and her agent Amelia (Ali Larter).She needs a friend, and she certainly finds one in Cara (played by Lyndsy Fonseca, Agent Carter, Kick-Ass) -- who is a server Ginny meets during her Nike endorsement launch party and has an instant connection with. Im going to let the interesting tension simmering between the two of them slide (including that really interesting joke in the bathtub), but know that my inner-queer fangirl was screaming the whole time.Cara takes Ginny to a friends house party after ditching Ginnys semi-stuffy launch event. Ginny feels comfortable in this setting -- shes playing Mario Kart and even finds time to dunk in a really expensive dress while wearing New Balance sneakers (she seems to ironically drum up a pair of NBs, rather than Nikes). She goes to the beach, passes out in Caras car and wakes up in front of her job site -- Petco Park -- because Cara is the best human and makes sure she gets to work.Team manager Al (Dan Lauria), GM Oscar (Mark Consuelos) and Charlie -- the new director of baseball operations played by Kevin Connolly (Entourage) -- all confront Ginny about the events that transpired the previous night. They make it clear that they care about her as a person and not just as a commodity they can sell to put butts in the stadium seats. Perhaps the best part of this storyline is just how much of an advocate Al has become for Ginnyy. Avery Johnson Jersey. He cares about her just as he does all of his players. Even if it is a little paternalistic, its still nice to see.Underneath this discussion of mental health, however, is the simmering tension between Ginny and Amelia. Amelia started to date Mike Lawson (a catcher, played by Mark-Paul Gosselaar) in previous episodes, and Ginny is not handling it well. Its not clear what the source of her consternation is (please, do not let it be a love triangle), but for this episode, shes upset that Mike knew she had a panic attack because Amelia was with him when she called. He asked her if she was having another one on the mound, and Ginny looked like she wanted to punch him in the face... and Amelia right after.Ginny and Amelia have a deep relationship that I hope is explored more going forward, but its clear that Amelia struggles to balance her personal feelings of allegiance to Ginny, with only being her shark of an agent. That connection was challenged directly due to Amelias actions, which didnt sit right with her, so she broke it off with Mike.On the surface, Amelia seems cold and selfish, but its actually quite the opposite. She sees Ginny as a surrogate member of her family because she has no one else. Her husband is gone; she doesnt have children; and we never see her with other clients. She wants Ginny to smile, have fun and most of all, love her the way Amelia seems to love Ginny.With two strong women, you dont necessarily need to be as strong with each other, Ali Larter said to me on set in August. I think Amelia misses that vulnerability Ginny shared with her and desperately wants it back.How Ginny handles her mental health moving forward will be an interesting and much-needed storyline. I trust the writers wholeheartedly to handle that script with care. What is currently giving me heart palpitations, however, is the Amelia/Mike/Ginny feelings that are swirling. I just want Ginny to play baseball and maybe fall in love with a non-baseball playing person. That seems totally reasonable.Can that happen, please? ' ' '