oner Roger Goodell live at the venue, while pickoner Roger Goodell live at the venue, while pick | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Dez 30 '19
WIGGINS, Miss. Air Max 270 Promo . -- The Mississippi chapter of the NAACP is calling for a federal investigation of a possible hate crime after an African-American football player at a southern Mississippi high school allegedly had a noose placed around his neck and yanked backward by a teammate.Derrick Johnson, president of the Mississippi chapter of the civil rights group, told ESPN the incident took place the afternoon of Oct. 13 at Stone County High School.The alleged victim in the attack, a sophomore member of the football team, was not physically harmed but was terrified by the incident, Johnson said.John Feaster, the first-year head coach for the Stone Tomcats, told ESPN the incident happened inside the football locker room as players were getting ready for practice.I reported it to the administration and handled it as swiftly as I could, Feaster said.The individual that was responsible hasnt been with our team since the incident. I just want it understood, it could have been the biggest superstar and he would have been gone. I dont care who it is -- if you do something like that, you cant be part of our team, Feaster added.The alleged victims father, when reached Monday night by ESPN, declined to comment and said he and his family wish not to be identified.Were calling on federal investigators to view this as a racial hate crime. No child should be in fear of going to school. No child should be walking down the hall or in the locker room and be accosted with a noose around their neck. This is 2016, not 1916, Johnson said at a news conference in Wiggins on Monday.Johnson told ESPN that at least three students, all of them white, were involved in the incident but Feaster, the head coach, disputed those details.To my knowledge it was one individual. It was not a group, Feaster said.Johnson told ESPN the incident was first reported to the Stone County Sheriffs Department by the victims mother, but that she was discouraged from filing a report.Stone County Sheriff Mike Farmer had not responded to a request for comment from ESPN.Johnson called on school officials to expel anybody responsible for the incident and said these same individuals came to school earlier this year brandishing Confederate flags on their vehicles.Johnson said the parents of the sophomore who was attacked have not been informed of any punishment for the students involved.Stone County High School Principal Adam Stone referred comment to Superintendent Inita Owen. She and school board attorney Sean Courtney didnt immediately respond to phone calls and emails seeking comment.Allowing students to commit blatant hate crimes without severe consequences sends a message to students that their safety and well-being are not valuable enough to be protected, the NAACP said in a statement Monday.Mississippi has struggled with a history of racial division. It is the last state that still incorporates the Confederate battle emblem on its state flag. In 2014, two out-of-state students at the University of Mississippi placed a noose on the campus statue of James Meredith, the black student who integrated Ole Miss in 1962. Both pleaded guilty to using a threat of force to intimidate African-American students and employees. Neither attends the school anymore.The names and ages of the students involved in the Stone County incident werent immediately released.The African-America student targeted in the attack has returned to school and football practice, according to Feaster.Its tough. I feel bad for the kid it happened to. Thats where my major concern is, Feaster said.When asked about frustrations within the African-American community in the predominantly white Stone County, Feaster responded: Trust me. I understand. Im an African-American male and I was born and raised in Mississippi. Its sad that something like this happens in 2016. I just pray we can get it together.Information from The Associated Press was used in this report. Acheter Air Max 95 Pas Cher . Arsenal failed to take full advantage of its main rivals stumbles on Saturday as substitute Gerard Deulofeu levelled with a hard shot from a tight angle in the 84th minute to give Everton a deserved point. Ahead of a crucial fortnight that will see them play against Napoli in the Champions League, Manchester City and Chelsea, Arsenal leads by five points ahead of Liverpool and Chelsea. Air Force 1 Promo . Rousey will put her perfect 8-0 record and hardware on the line against another undefeated fighter, 7-0 Sara McMann in the main event of UFC 170, which will be held at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas Nevada on February 22nd. http:///...y-350-v2-france.html . The showiest items on Calgarys lot were forwards Mike Cammalleri and Lee Stempniak. Both will be unrestricted free agents this summer.For the second successive year, the Jacksonville Jaguars will announce an NFL Draft selection live from London. This years edition of one of the NFLs showpiece events will take place in Chicago for the second year in a row, and will once again see the 32 teams take their pick of the latest class of college football stars.London became the first city out of the USA to participate in the Draft last year, when the teams fourth and seventh round picks were revealed by Jaguars fan George Bradford in the British capital. And this year, it will all happen again, with one UK-based fan announcing the franchises fifth-round selection live from London, with the event being broadcast worldwide. George Bedford (left) announced the Jaguars picks from London last year The fan will reveal the choice alongside defensive tackle Michael Bennett, whose drafting was one of those announced from London in 2015.Jacksonville will return to London for the fourth-straight year next season, taking on AFC South rivals the Indianapolis Colts on October 2, and will play in the city on an annual basis until at least 2020.We were delighted to be able to make history last year by taking a Draftt announcement to London, said Jags president Mark Lamping. Acheter Air Force 1 Pas Cher. .Given our extended commitment to play I London every year until at least 2020, it seems fitting that once again were giving one of our UK fans the chance to share in the excitement of the Draft and the NFL. The Jaguars have built a fan base in London after committing to annual games at Wembley Stadium The NFL Draft attracts tens of millions of viewers on an annual basis, and is one of the most celebrated occasions in the American sporting calendar, as 256 of the nations best college players chosen by the 32 NFL teams across three days and seven rounds.The picks in the first three rounds are announced by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell live at the venue, while picks in the later around are revealed by the teams themselves from their home bases.Jacksonville will be the only franchise with two bases - one at their EverBank Field stadium, and one in London. Also See: Abdullah decides to retire LIVE: NFL Ins & Outs Concussion: The Impact On Sport Norman snubs Beckham Jr ' ' '