ppalachian State: The Mountaineers host James Ma | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Dez 31 '19
Derbyshire v Northamptonshire - match abandoned without a ball being bowled Derbyshire suffered their first complete wash-out in the County Championship in 35 years after no play was possible for the third day running against Northamptonshire at Chesterfield. Stitched Rockets Jerseys .Play was abandoned after umpires Neil Mallender and Ian Blackwell decided the bowlers run-ups were still unsafe and the match was officially called off in mid-afternoon following an inspection by umpires, captain and coaches.Although no rain has fallen during the hours of play in recent days, the Queens Park ground is still saturated from heavy rainfall through June.Northamptonshire captain Alex Wakely said: Its one of the most bizarre games of cricket Ive ever been involved in.Its a great ground and great place to play cricket but unfortunately the weather had taken its toll from the previous week with the heavy rain completely saturating the run-ups and theyre still unstable.I think if you bowled on them for four or five overs you would be churning up mud. We got bowlers to run in but they didnt feel confident and with our injury issues we had to be pretty careful.But it wasnt our decision, the umpires deemed it unfit and although its frustrating, theres nothing we can do about it.The washout is a major setback for the Chesterfield festival, which has also lost the chance to host Sundays NatWest T20 Blast fixture against Yorkshire after the club made the decision to shift the fixture to Derby.Chief Executive, Simon Storey said: Chesterfield is a special venue and everyone puts a huge amount of time, planning and preparation into delivering a successful festival each year.Unfortunately, following the recent bad weather over the last few weeks, the outfield has taken on a huge amount of water and is still saturated despite the recent sunshine. In the interest of player safety, no play has been possible.Its clearly very disappointing that the weather has beaten us this year but we remain committed to bringing county cricket to Queens Park.The Festival is so much more than just cricket and helps put Chesterfield on the map. Since county cricket returned to Chesterfield in 2006, we have been able to build strong partnerships with Chesterfield Cricket Club and Chesterfield Borough Council. Austin Rivers Jersey . 8 Kansas to a 64-63 win over Texas Tech on Tuesday night. The freshman from Vaughan, Ont. Yao Ming Jersey . On Saturday night, the normally free throw-challenged centre did just that. Howard scored 18 of his 25 points in the fourth quarter, including 13 of 19 free throws in a 2 1/2-minute stretch, and the Houston Rockets beat the Denver Nuggets 122-111. https:///...-jersey-rockets.html . Detroit and Boston are deadlocked, 1-1, and Tigers manager Jim Leyland could be forgiven if he was caught rationalizing instead of dissecting how his club could blow a 5-1 lead late in Game 2. RALEIGH, N.C. -- It didnt take Omer Yurtseven long to show flashes of the shooting touch and range that made him a big international recruit for North Carolina State.The 7-foot Turkish freshman had nine of his 12 points in the first half Thursday night to highlight the Wolfpacks 97-64 win against Appalachian State, a good first step for a player who had to wait a month to make his college debut due to an NCAA eligibility dispute.I was not nervous, Yurtseven said. I was excited though. The first time when I was going on the court, I was excited.The NCAA had required the five-star freshman to sit out the first nine games and pay $1,000 to charity after reviewing his time playing for a club team overseas. He entered at the 14:57 mark of the first half and played 24 minutes, making 4 of 6 shots and even stepping out to knock down a 3-pointer from the top while drawing loud cheers from fans -- some coined it Yurtmas on social media -- for the home-standing Wolfpack (8-2).It was really fun, Yurtseven said. I really missed being out there.Fellow freshman Dennis Smith Jr. finished with 22 points to lead N.C. State, which scored the first 10 points and led big all night. Maverick Rowan added 13 points in his second game back from a seven-game absence due to a concussion, while N.C. State shot 52 percent.He spaces the floor, Smith said of Yurtseven, he knows how to roll, sets great screens, hes very smart, high IQ, sees the floor pretty well. He just makes the offense a lot better.Ronshad Shabazz scored 14 points for the Mountaineers (3-6), who shot 32 percent after entering the game shooting about 45 percent on the season.We had tremendous opportunities to make shots, shots we usually make, and we just missed them today, Mountaineers coach Jim Fox said. It affected us and when you keep missing and missing wide-open shots, it takes a toll on you and carries on to other parts of the game.BIG PICTUREAppalachian State: The Mountaineers suffered another big loss to a power-conference opponent. Fake Rockets Jerseys. They trailed by as many as 26 before losing 103-94 in the second game at Tennessee, lost by 35 at Duke on Nov. 26 and by 33 against the Wolfpack.N.C. State: Adding Yurtseven meant this was the first game the Wolfpack was at full strength. For coach Mark Gottfried, the focus now is to integrate Yurtseven into the rotation and get him adjusted to American basketball while simultaneously bringing along a young rotation that hasnt played much together -- one he hopes will have a very different look come February.Weve got a little more depth now, Gottfried said, which is nice.HANDS OFFYurtseven had foul trouble during two exhibition games, including when he fouled out in just 11 minutes against Division II Barton. He had four fouls Thursday but managed to avoid major trouble in what will be a big part of his adjustment to the American college game.You just have to watch the referees, Yurtseven said. They talk to you, so they tell you what youve got to do, what you shouldnt do.GOTTFRIEDS TAKELike Smith, Gottfried sees plenty of potential for Yurtseven to make an impact with his shooting and passing touch.When the balls in his hands, especially in the high post, hes really effective, the coach said. And (the players) know that. Again, I think the more he plays with our guys, the more they play and just get comfortable, hes going to find ways to score within our offense.But I do think our guys are excited about playing with him because hes such a good passer. I think that does a lot for our team.UP NEXTAppalachian State: The Mountaineers host James Madison on Saturday.N.C. State: N.C. State is home Sunday against Fairfield.---Follow Aaron Beard on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/aaronbeardap---More AP college basketball at http://collegebasketball.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-Top25 ' ' '