hat looks like a tough call might turn into an easy one. "Im pretty sure that they would be glad if somebody | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Jan 2 '20
LAC DE PAYOLLE, France -- Adam Yates didnt know what hit him. Threadborne Shoes Online .On the attack in the Tour de France, the British rider was suddenly performing a somersault in midair after an inflatable arch marking the final kilometer collapsed and hit him during a bizarre finale to Fridays seventh stage.Yates hit the ground hard, bloodying his chin and bruising his shoulder. Still, he was able to get back on his bike and reach the finish shortly after his countryman Steve Cummings won the first of four stages in the Pyrenees with a solo attack on the Col dAspin climb.I had no time to react, Yates said after getting his chin stitched up. Its a good thing it was just me on my own. It could have been a lot worse with the peloton sprinting at 70 kph (45 mph). ... I cant tell you what happened. The barrier came down.Fortunately, his day only got better. Organizers later revised his time and he rose to second in the overall standings, 5 minutes 50 seconds behind race leader Greg Van Avermaet of Belgium.The 23-year-old Yates also earned the white jersey as the Tours highest-placed young rider after officials took the finishing times three kilometers from the end of the 162.5-kilometer (101-mile) leg from LIsle-Jourdain to Lac de Payolle.It wont make a big difference because there was a downhill and flat portion before the finish, said Thierry Gouvenou, the Tour technical director. It was a major incident, but we have the means to deal with it.Van Avermaet, who was in a breakaway with Cummings, held on to the overall leaders yellow jersey he claimed two days earlier. Overall favorites Chris Froome and Nairo Quintana finished in the main pack.Froome, Quintana, and other riders had to lift the crumpled arch -- known as the flamme rouge for the red flag it holds -- off the ground and slip their bikes underneath it.Julian Alaphilippe is third in the overall standings, 5:51 behind, with Alejandro Valverde fourth, 5:53 back.I did not plan to be in a breakaway, Van Avermaet said. Im not a good climber, Im a classic rider, and the big favorites did not see me as a threat.Thibaut Pinot, considered one of the top French contenders, was dropped on the Aspin.All 198 riders started the stage, marking the first time the entire peloton was still racing this late in the Tour in 103 editions.The Aspin, which was included in the Tour for the 73rd time, was affronted from its longer southern slope, 12 kilometers at an average gradient of 6.5 percent.Cummings was part of a 29-man breakaway featuring Van Avermaet and 2014 winner Vincenzo Nibali.However, it was Cummings who attacked first on the Aspin and he rode solo over the summit and maintained a comfortable lead on the ensuing high-speed descent and slight rise to the finish in Lac de Payolle.Cummings shook his head in disbelief as he approached the line then raised both arms, pumped his fist, and kissed his wrist.I was cooking on that climb and I thought Vincenzo would come back, Cummings said. I thought Nibali would pass me like Marco Pantani or something and I would never be able to get on the wheel.But you just keep going, Cummings added. I was on the limit the whole last climb. It was horrible, actually.Cummings, a teammate of Mark Cavendish on Team Dimension Data, also won a stage in last years Tour.When the main pack reached the line 4 1/2 minutes later, Quintana and Froome were seen patting each other on the back and talking to each other, likely about the incident with the inflatable device.Stage 8 on Saturday is a much more challenging 184-kilometer (114-mile) leg from Pau to Bagneres-de-Luchon featuring four serious climbs, beginning with the Col du Tourmalet, which is so difficult its labeled beyond classification.Weve got a really big weekend coming up and theres a lot of hard racing to come, Froome said. I would imagine well see bigger time gaps tomorrow.---AP Sports Writer Samuel Petrequin contributed to this report.---Andrew Dampf on Twitter: www.twitter.com/asdampf Curry 2 Outlet Store . -- Ohio States Urban Meyer has never had any issue acclimating to the biggest stages in college football. Buy Under Armour Wholesale . Argentina winger Ezequiel Lavezzi and France midfielder Blaise Matuidi scored, with star striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic setting up both despite having a poor game by his high standards. Forward Eduardo gave Ajaccio the lead in the sixth minute after being set up by right winger Benjamin Andre, and the Corsican side looked comfortable in the first half, with the lively Johan Cavalli causing problems with his probing runs from midfield. http:///...peedform-online.html . -- There were so many positives from the Orlando Magics first victory of the season that it was hard for coach Jacque Vaughn to stop praising his players.PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Steelers crowded backfield is sorting itself out. Just not the way coach Mike Tomlin envisioned. What started as a three-man race between Isaac Redman, Jonathan Dwyer and rookie LeVeon Bell is turning into a battle of attrition after Tomlin ruled Bell out of Saturdays game against Kansas City with a right foot injury. Bell underwent an MRI on Tuesday and Tomlin said he will wait for a second opinion before making a determination about Bells long-term status. Tomlin brushed aside reports that Bell is out several weeks. "Ill address the injuries (Thursday)," Tomlin said. "I havent met with the doctors (yet)." The setback is the latest in what is quickly becoming a frustrating camp for the 48th overall pick in the NFL Draft. The Steelers noted Bells durability and his versatility when they selected the 21-year-old out of Michigan State. Bells 382 carries last season led the entire country. Throw in his 32 receptions and Bell averaged more than 30 touches a game without incident. For two weeks, Bell looked even better than advertised, so good Tomlin named Bell a co-starter even though a sore left knee kept him out of the preseason opener against the New York Giants. Bell aggravated the injury in practice last week only to recover in time to start on Monday night in Washington. The highly anticipated debut lasted a handful of snaps. Bell carried four times for nine yards before tweaking a foot with an injury that suddenly swings the door open for Dwyer and Redman. Its a door both players have struggled walking through. Redman spent last season dealing with ankle injuries and was held out of Mondays game after suffering a stinger in practice. Dwyer stepped in and ran for 68 yards on 14 carries but also fumbled, a major concern for a team that finished minus-10 in the giveaway/takeaway ratio in 2012. "I think Im doing OK, but I know I can be better," Dwyer said. "Im just trying to be consistently consistent and show something different each and every week and each and every game." At the moment, the Steelers would settle for having the same face back there for an extended period of time. Offensive cco-ordinator Todd Haley reshuffled the offensive line and introduced a zone blocking scheme in in the off-season. Under Armour Micro g Outlet. Results have been mixed at best for a team that ranked 29th in yards per carry a year ago. Though stressing its too early to get concerned, Dwyer and Redman understand its time to get serious. "LeVeons down, and were a little banged up," Redman said. "So, Im ready to step up and lead this room." Redmans done it sporadically in the past, but each step forward has been met by a step back. In a contract season, he understands this is his last chance to show the Steelers -- or some other NFL team -- he can become a reliable starter. His preference is to remain in Pittsburgh, but the Steelers intend to turn Bell into the guy who will carry the load through the rest of the decade. Haleys track record with running backs is impressive. He turned Jamaal Charles into the NFLs second-leading rusher in 2010 while coaching the Chiefs, a season that ended with Kansas City in the playoffs. For Pittsburgh to get back there the Steelers know theyll need to take some pressure off quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. Having young and productive legs in the backfield will help. Bell is eager to live up to the billing. At the moment, however, the only place hes living is the training room. While Dwyer and Redman went through the paces on Wednesday, Bell sat on a table getting treatment. Its a place Dwyer and Redman have visited regularly through the years. One more extended trip and they understand their careers may be in jeopardy. Its why both players dropped a significant amount of weight in the off-season. Redman shed 15 pounds while Dwyer lost closer to 30. They hope the added quickness will make them more effective. Bells uncertain status gives them one final shot at making a lasting impression. Redman remains adamant he can produce. If he can, what looks like a tough call might turn into an easy one. "Im pretty sure that they would be glad if somebody would come out and separate themselves from the bunch," Redman said. "I know they would never be opposed to that. "And, hopefully, I can do that." ' ' '