xpect some back as the week goes on, Quinn said. | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Jan 2 '20
ATHENS, Ga. Air Force 1 Store . -- Georgia Tech wanted to throw a pass to its quarterback.When it was clear that wouldnt work, Qua Searcy decided to improvise.The result: a soaring touchdown run with 30 seconds remaining that gave Georgia Tech a stunning 28-27 victory over Georgia on Saturday.Searcys 6-yard TD off a busted play capped a fourth-quarter comeback that sent the Yellow Jackets (8-4) into a joyous celebration before a mostly stunned crowd between the hedges.The white-clad players stormed the field, defiantly planting their gold flag in the G in the middle of the field -- a bit of payback for Georgia doing the same thing at Georgia Techs stadium a year ago.Not bad for a bunch of 80th-ranked recruiting classes, coach Paul Johnson said. Im proud of our kids. They fought back.The Bulldogs (7-5) built a 27-14 lead and appeared to be in total control after stopping Georgia Tech on a fourth-down play near midfield with just under 12 minutes to go.But the Yellow Jackets put together a 94-yard scoring drive to make a game of it, and then came up with a huge turnover when it looked like Georgia was set to ice the victory. Jacob Eason threw an errant pass in the flat that deflected off Terry Godwin and was intercepted by Lance Austin at the Bulldogs 46 with 3:39 remaining.The triple-option offense took it from there. Justin Thomas completed a 16-yard pass to Clinton Lynch and Marcus Marshall ripped off a 13-yard run before the Yellow Jackets faced third-and-goal at the Georgia 6.Thomas pitched the ball to Searcy, who wanted to throw the ball back across the field to his quarterback drifting into the left flat. But the Bulldogs had Thomas covered, so Searcy took off through an opening up the middle, soared through the air at the 3 with the ball outstretched in front of him, and managed to just get it over the goal line.It was just like a split-second decision, Searcy said. I really was about to throw the ball, but I saw like five defenders go toward (Thomas) and nobody really was in the middle. I think I dove from like the 3, but I knew I had to go airborne.Georgia coach Kirby Smart said his defense had been preparing for the play all week.I was shocked, he said. We covered it ... really well. But a breakdown on the inside. We didnt get the guy on the ground. People probably overplayed the play. Everybody wanted to stop Justin, and the guy ran it in.Harrison Butkers extra point gave Georgia Tech its second straight victory at Sanford Stadium, ruining a career-best 170 yards rushing by Georgias Sony Michel.While the visiting team celebrated, Bulldogs lineman Greg Pyke slung his helmet across the field in frustration.That was indicative of our season, Smart said. A little good, a little bad, a lack of consistency. Youve got to play 60 minutes. We didnt play 60 minutes.THE TAKEAWAYGeorgia Tech: The victory is a huge boost for Johnson, who has now beaten Georgia two of the last three years. His future is sure to be one of the first things that new athletic director Todd Stansbury addresses when he takes over Monday. While there is plenty of debate about whether the triple-option offense has run its course in Atlanta, with some fans clamoring for a more traditional formation, Johnson turned things around after going 3-9 last season.Georgia: Smart endured plenty of ups and downs in his first season as a head coach, and this was quite a bummer to finish off the regular season. While Eason and a promising young defense raise hopes heading into 2017, a loss to the Yellow Jackets is no way to build good feelings among the Georgia fan base. Its worth noting that previous coach Mark Richt lost to Georgia Tech only twice in 15 years. Smart is halfway to that total after his debut year.JUSTINS LEGACYThomas became the first Georgia Tech quarterback to beat Georgia twice in his career since Joe Hamilton in 1998-99.Being able to go down as one of those quarterbacks is a great feeling, especially going out as a senior, said Thomas, who completed 6 of 10 passes for 164 yards as the run-oriented Yellow Jackets actually outgained Georgia through the air.UP NEXTGeorgia Tech: After missing out on a bowl last season, the Yellow Jackets have been mentioned as a candidate for the Military Bowl in Annapolis, Maryland.Georgia: The Bulldogs are possibly headed to the Music City Bowl in Nashville, Tennessee.---Follow Paul Newberry on Twitter at www.twitter.com/pnewberry1963 . His work can be found at http://bigstory.ap.org/content/paul-newberry .---For more AP college football coverage: www.collegefootball.ap.org Air Force 1 On Sale . Once again Jordan Cieciwa (@FitCityJordan) and I (@LynchOnSports) go head to head in our picks. Last weekend at UFC Fight Night 32 my #TeamLynch got the best of #TeamJC by a score of 9-6. Let us know which side youre on for UFC 167 use the hashtag #TeamLynch or #TeamJC on Twitter. Air Force 1 Retro Outlet . -- Ryan Getzlaf grabbed the three pucks wrapped in tape and held them up to his chest in the Anaheim Ducks dressing room for a celebration nine seasons in the making. https://www.cheapairforce1outlet.com/air-force-1-black-outlet/ . The Dane followed up his first European Tour title last weekend with eight birdies and just a single dropped shot on Thursday for a one-stroke advantage over South Africas Allan Versfeld and Portugals Ricardo Santos. FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. -- There were two new pingpong tables in the Falcons locker room on Wednesday, bringing the total to three.Matt Ryan walked past them all without even a glance.Ryans new locker-room neighbor can confirm Atlantas quarterback is not going to spend time hitting pingpong balls or dunking on the mini-basketball goal attached to the locker room door. At least not on a work day.Pretty business-oriented, said center Alex Mack when asked to describe Ryan. Hes in here to do business.If so, Ryan is a successful businessman.Ryan leads the NFL with 2,980 yards passing and 23 touchdowns -- with only four interceptions. He is enjoying an impressive career rebirth as the Falcons prepare for Sundays game at Philadelphia. For Ryan, its a return to his hometown where he cheered for quarterback Donovan McNabb and the Eagles.I dont think anybody growing up in that area is a fan of anything other than Philadelphia sports, Ryan said Wednesday. Theyve got some pretty passionate fans up there. I grew up pulling for the Eagles and Phillies and Flyers and Sixers. ... Donovan McNabb was the guy, man.Only one year ago, some wondered if Ryans time as the Falcons guy was drawing to a close. There were questions about his arm strength and his ability to fit in offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahans scheme. Some even wondered if it was time for the Falcons to think about drafting his replacement after he threw only 21 touchdown passes, his low since his 2008 rookie season.Ryan, 31, has silenced his critics. His 42 passes of at least 20 yards are the most in the league and the Falcons (6-3) lead the NFC South.Eagles coach Doug Pederson said Ryan is definitely playing Pro Bowl-caliber right now.Obviously, you learn from experiences and rely on those a little bit, Pederson said Wednesday. I think Matt is taking care of the football and hes just leetting the game come to him. Air Force 1 Red Outlet. Hes not pressing any issues. Hes an accurate passer. Hes big and tall and strong in the pocket, and hes just utilizing the strength of his offense.Ryan threw for 344 yards with four touchdowns in last weeks 43-28 win over Tampa Bay. He was named NFC offensive player of the week on Wednesday after being named player of the month for September.Coach Dan Quinn said Ryan is all-business on the practice field, just like in the locker room. He said Ryans success on the field came from extra work in practice.I think its a lot due to the deliberate practice that Matt applies himself to, whether its a certain route he wants to throw or the timing with the receiver, Quinn said. Its the extra work that goes in thats kind of unseen.Ryan insisted he finds time for fun with all the extra work. He said he likes to play pingpong -- just not on days the team is practicing and his focus is on football.I like pingpong, Ryan said. But ... especially when were going (to practice) on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, I like to be as efficient with my time inside the building as I can be. Thats something Ive learned throughout my career, so when we get in here Im trying to be as productive and get myself as best prepared as I can for the game that week.Game notes DE Dwight Freeney (quad), RB Tevin Coleman (hamstring), CB Desmond Trufant (shoulder) and TE Jacob Tamme (shoulder) did not practice. We expect some back as the week goes on, Quinn said. Rookie Austin Hooper likely would start if Tamme misses his second straight game. Hooper and another backup tight end, Levine Toilolo, had TD catches last week.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '