.I got a wild card here when I was 18. | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
corse178 Jul 26 '18
FORT HOOD, Texas -- Al Freeman appreciated a second chance to play in front of the soldiers and their families at Fort Hood. Nike Vapormax Plus Nere .The Baylor guard showed it with his best game of the season.Freeman scored a season-high 19 points and made a career-best five 3-pointers and the fourth-ranked Bears returned to the sprawling Army post about an hours drive south of their Waco campus with an 82-57 victory over Jackson State on Saturday night.A year ago, Freeman scored 12 points in a 104-59 rout of Division III Hardin-Simmons. This time he was 5 of 8 from long range in the first game featuring a pair of Division I teams at Fort Hood, one of the nations largest Army posts covering about 340 square miles and housing more than 40,000 soldiers.I know that this is the first time some of the soldiers have seen their families in 18 months, 24 months, however long they had their tours, Freeman said. Its a really cool experience to be the center focus of why they come back and the center focus of them, like, seeing their family again, to be the entertainment for them and their family for the night.The setup was similar to a year ago, with a slightly larger and near-capacity crowd at 2,400-seat Abrams Gym, which has a large American flag on the wall behind the benches opposite the only permanent set of stands.And just like a year ago, Baylor players signed autographs after the game at one end of what looks like a high school gym except for the larger space behind each basket. The Bears enjoyed last years thank you and wanted to do it again .I think everyone feels the same way, especially around the holidays when we get to go home to family and friends and so many of them dont get to see loved ones because theyre out protecting our freedom, coach Scott Drew said.Baylors Jo Lual-Acuil had a season-high 17 points with six rebounds and five blocks -- slightly better than his 4.3-block average that ranks second nationally. The Bears are 10-0 for the first time since starting 17-0 in 2011-12.Edric Dennis scored 21 points for Jackson State (3-8), which stayed close until a 24-6 Baylor run that started late in the first half and ended with the Bears up 58-38 with about 12 minutes remaining.Jackson States Sherron Wilson was ejected for flagrant foul that sent Johnathan Motley sprawling to the floor midway through second half, not long after Derek Roscoe was given a technical for saying something to Terry Maston after blocking Mastons shot.Wilsons foul was the third technical in about 5 minutes for the Tigers.This is the most frustrating part of our season because weve have three season-ending injuries to three starters, Jackson State coach Wayne Brent said. So right were just trying to scratch and claw. Even with our other guys, were still short-handed because theyve got such good talent.PUTTING ON A CLINICFor the second straight year, Drew and his staff conducted a clinic for the kids of soldiers about a week before the game. I love the clinic, coming down here and helping kids because dads that cant be here to work them out because theyre deployed, Drew said. To know that their 6-year-old, 8-year-old, had a good chance to run around with the ball and get out of moms hair for an hour is probably a good thing.SPECIAL MOMENTJackson State guard Paris Collins briefly lived at Fort Hood while his dad spent time there. He dad was in the Air Force for 22 years. It was a dream playing for my dad tonight, said Collins, the other double-figure scorer for the Tigers with 16 points. Hes done so much for me. I had `Pop coming to watch me, you know what Im saying. It was a blessing for him to be here.BIG PICTUREJackson State: The three Brent referred to that are out for the year are guard Chace Franklin (shoulder), Treshawn Bolden (broken foot) and Charles Taylor (knee). The Tigers had to feel a boost by the way they played without three starters in the first half.Baylor: The Bears were a little flat after taking a big early lead against another SWAC opponent in Southern earlier in the week. But Baylor looked like a team with three wins over Top 10 teams in a 10-minute stretch that started late in the first half.UP NEXTJackson State: Tigers visit Duquesne on Monday, take an 11-day break before playing Fisk at home Dec. 30 and open SWAC play at Alabama State on Jan. 2.Baylor: Bears have rare case of playing on consecutive days in different facilities, with a game at home Sunday against John Brown. Theres just one nonconference game left after that Wednesday at home against Texas Southern before the Big 12 opener Dec. 30 at Oklahoma.---More AP college basketball: www.collegebasketball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 Air Max 2018 Bianche . Already owning gold from competition in Vancouver in 2010, Loch posted a combined four-run time of 3:27.526. That included a track-record third run of 51. Air Max 97 Vapormax Italia . -- Sergey Tolchinksy scored his second goal of the game 3:56 into overtime as the Sault Ste. http://www.airmax2019.it/air-max-97-scontate.html . The All-Pro lineman got the leg bent under him while trying to make a tackle during the first half of a 22-20 overtime loss at Miami on Thursday night. The medical staff initially thought hed torn the ligament, and the test a day later in Cincinnati confirmed it. Andy Murray became just the fifth active male player to record 600 ATP Tour victories as he reached the quarterfinals of the Western & Southern Open.The Scots 20th straight win of a remarkable season came against South Africas Kevin Anderson in Cincinnati, where Murray is the top seed less than a week after winning Olympic gold in Rio.After beating Anderson 6-3, 6-2 in one hour and 30 minutes, Murray can look forward to facing world No. 20 Bernard Tomic -- the Australian was the surprise conqueror of fifth seed Kei Nishikori earlier on Thursday.On joining Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic and David Ferrer in reaching the 600-win milestone, Murray said: Its cool that it happened in Cincinnati.I got a wild card here when I was 18. I also won my first Masters 1000 here, so its a place that means a lot to me [and] Im coming off the best few months of my career.Murrays path to potential glory was aided by a clutch of top seeds tumbling out of contention.As well as Tomics 7-6 (1), 7-6 (5) win over Nishikori, Rafael Nadal was stunned 6-1, 6-3 to Borna Coric while Grigor Dimitrov dispatched second seed Stan Wawrinka 6-4, 6-4. Air Max 97 Ultra 17 Nere. Steve Johnsons 6-3, 7-6 (6) victory over Jo-Wilfried Tsonga saw him become the top-ranked American in mens tennis.Johnson will take on unseeded Dimitrov, while Croatian teenager Coric tests his skills against his countryman Marin Cilic, a 6-3, 4-6, 6-4 winner over Tomas Berdych in the late-night match at the Lindner Family Tennis Center.The remaining last-eight clash features Austrian eighth seed Dominic Thiem and this years losing Wimbledon finalist, Milos Raonic, who recovered from a second-set wobble to defeat Japanese qualifier Yuichi Sugita 6-1, 3-6, 6-1.Murrays quarterfinal opponent Tomic is yet to beat the Scot in four tour-level meetings.He had a good win today against Nishikori, Murray said. Hes a talented player. Weve had some tough matches. He plays with a lot of variety. Cheap NFL Gear Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Stitched NFL Jerseys China Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2019 ' ' '