Marlins: RHP Andrew Cashner (4-7, 4.76) will make his Marlins debut after being acquir | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Jan 15 '20
SANTA CLARA, Calif. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander Jersey . -- Colin Kaepernick did not throw the football for a second straight day at practice for the San Francisco 49ers as he deals with tightness in his throwing shoulder.Kaepernick handed the ball off four times in his one team drill and spent the rest of the time shadowing San Franciscos quarterbacks during a joint practice Friday against the Houston Texans in advance of the exhibition opener Sunday.The extremely limited practice came a day after Kaepernick got a scheduled day off to rest his shoulder as he works his way back from three offseason surgeries that prevented him from practicing during the offseason program.I think its been a buildup, Kaepernick said. You dont really get the reps of live action and that violent motion when youre practicing in the offseason. I think its just building my endurance in that area.The missed time comes in the middle of a quarterback competition between Kaepernick and Blaine Gabbert. The two had been splitting time with the first-team offense before Gabbert got all the time with the starters the past two days.Gabbert, who took over as starter from Kaepernick midway through last season, is expected to start Sundays game although coach Chip Kelly has yet to make an official announcement on his starter.When the quarterback is on the field, hes the guy, Gabbert said. Thats how I approach every day, as if Im the starter. Go out there and put my best foot forward and let my play speak for itself and lead the team.Kaepernick regretted having to miss practice time, especially the opportunity to go up against another defense. But he knows the larger goal of being healthy for the start of the regular season still remains.He compared the current tightness in his shoulder to the feeling he had sometimes as a pitcher at the start of the season and said he usually bounces back quickly.Kaepernick said he plans to play in Sundays game and also expects to get a start this preseason and time with the first-team offense before Kelly chooses a starting quarterback for the regular season.From everything hes told me, were both getting a fair shot, Kaepernick said.Kaepernick tried to make the most of the practice on Friday by dropping back behind the quarterback, surveying the defense and figuring out where he would throw the ball if he were the quarterback.Its not as valuable as taking actual practice snaps but it is still helpful.You get a chance to look at the defense live even though youre a little bit further back, not quite in the action, he said. You still get to see the defense live and their reaction and walk through plays mentally as far as where you want to go with the ball and the adjustments youll have to make.Kaepernick did the same during offseason practices and those mental plays have eased his adjustment to a new offense.There havent been a lot of mental mistakes, Kelly said. A lot of times, guys ability to transfer things that theyve learned in the classroom and then be able to take that out onto the field is a different thing. You can tell how intelligent he was that he was on top of things so when he got in there, he was getting to his third read in his progression even though he had actually never thrown the route, but mentally he had taken himself through that in the springtime.---Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Rashard Lewis Jersey . -- An ugly goal by Nick Bonino helped the Anaheim Ducks overcome the defensive-minded Phoenix Coyotes on a night when their ragged power play continued to struggle. Russell Westbrook Jersey . LOUIS -- Alexander Steen scored a power-play goal with 59. https://www.cheapthunder.com/1591h-chris-paul-jersey-thunder.html .4 million title. Ryan Riess emerged with the title after a session in which he started behind, but used expert skill to gather the chips to his side amid the unpredictability of no-limit Texas Hold em. Riess put his final opponent Jay Farber all-in with an Ace-King. MIAMI -- The Miami Marlins big win might have come with a price.Newly acquired Colin Rea left early with an elbow injury in his Miami debut in the Marlins 11-0 victory over the St. Louis Cardinals on Saturday night.We obviously needed the win, but its not at that cost, Marlins reliever David Phelps said. Hopefully, its nothing, but you never like to see a starter come out of the game when youre strapped for starters to begin with.Rea, acquired in a trade with San Diego, pitched 3 1/3 scoreless innings, allowing one hit and striking out four.I kind of felt something in my elbow and it gradually got worse throughout the game, Rea said. I dont know if I could have thrown another pitch, but well see. We dont know anything yet.Rea initially felt a pain in his arm during warm-ups before the game, but tried to pitch through it.This definitely isnt at a good time getting to a new team and you kind of feel like you let your teammates down a little bit, Rea said. Its tough, but I guess its just part of it.Phelps (5-5) relieved Rea and threw 2 2/3 scoreless innings, striking out four, to earn the victory.I knew what kind of shape we were in the bullpen and I didnt want to have guys throw that didnt need to throw so I was going to try to eat up as much as I could, Phelps said.Christian Yelich and Jeff Mathis each had three hits and drove in two runs to help lead the Marlins offensive attack.Marcell Ozuna hit a two-run home run and Martin Prado had a two-run double for the Marlins. They drew even with the Cardinals at 56-48 for the second NL wild-card spot.`O puts us up by four early and then we were able to add on, which is nice because they have a dangerous club that can put some runs on the board quick, Marlins manager Don Mattingly said. Weve seen that over the last couple of days.Miami outfielder Ichiro Suzuki remained at 2,998 hits, going 0 for 2 after entering as a defensive replacement in the sixth inning. Hes 2 for 16 on the homestand that concludes Sunday.Mattingly was not sure if Suzuki would be in the starting lineup on Sunday or if he would go with his regular starting outfield.I havent put a lineup out and havent really thought it too much, but our (regular) guys are swinging the bat good, Mattingly said.Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina extended his hitting streak to 14 games with a double in the fourth inning. Molina is hitting .385 (20 for 52) with two home runs and four RBI during the span. Tommy Burleson Jersey. St. Louis starter Jaime Garcia (7-8) also only lasted 3 1/3 innings in his first career start on only three days rest. He allowed six runs and seven hits.I really didnt spend time thinking about (the short rest), Garcia said. No excuse. I didnt execute pitches the way I wanted to. I made mistakes in the middle of the plate against a really good lineup and paid the consequences.The Marlins scored four runs in the first, sparked by Ozunas two-run homer -- his 19th.Were down four runs in the first, Cardinals manager Mike Matheny said. I dont think overall ugliness is the proper description.Miami also plated four in the fourth keyed by a two-run double by Prado to push its lead to 8-0. Prado is hitting .472 (17 for 36) with two home runs and 11 RBI in his last 10 games.Miami added three runs in the sixth.It didnt go the way we wanted from the beginning and then it was just a matter of trying to survive, Matheny said.TRAINERS ROOMCardinals: 3B Jhonny Peralta (thumb) took batting practice with hopes of being reinstated from the disabled list on Tuesday when the Cardinals begin a series at Cincinnati. ... IF Matt Carpenter (oblique) and 1B Brandon Moss (ankle) are also close to returning to a crowded infield. Well figure out how it all comes together and how we plug them in when we get there, Matheny said.Marlins: LHP Wei-Yin Chen (sprained elbow) is in the process of returning, but will not make the road trip when the team heads out Aug. 1-7. Chen is starting the process-not throwing, but with strengthening exercises, Mattingly said. He seems to be OK. ... RHP Tom Koehler dealt with a minor pectoral injury in his last start and was moved from his scheduled start on Sunday to Wednesday in Chicago to make way for Andrew Cashner and give him more rest. Hes fine, Mattingly said.UP NEXTCardinals: RHP Carlos Martinez (10-6, 2.87 ERA) will start Sundays series finale against the Marlins. Martinez has only allowed three extra-base hits to right-handed batters this season.Marlins: RHP Andrew Cashner (4-7, 4.76) will make his Marlins debut after being acquired in a trade with San Diego on Friday. Cashner is 1-0 with a 2.55 ERA and 23 strikeouts to just three walks over his last three starts. ' ' '