s since coming to the school as a graduate transfer. Knights thrown for 1,868 yards a | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Jan 20 '20
EAST RUTHERFORD, N. Terron Armstead Jersey .J. -- The fun has begun, and its not even Redskins week yet.New York Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz and cornerback Janoris Jenkins?took jabs at Washington Redskins cornerback Josh Norman for not covering Pittsburgh Steelers star wide receiver Antonio Brown on Monday night. Brown had eight receptions for 126 yards and two touchdowns in a 38-16 win over the Redskins.Especially if he calls himself -- I dont call him this, he calls himself the best corner in the league -- then you have to go cover the best receivers on the other team, Cruz said Wednesday. Going in, I thought he was going to follow AB all over the place, but he didnt. So it is what it is. He made his choice.It just so happens that Cruzs teammate and friend?Odell Beckham Jr.?was involved in an ugly on-field, back-and-forth altercation last year when Norman was with the Carolina Panthers. Beckham was flagged for three penalties in the contest and suspended one game for his actions. Norman was also flagged for penalties and wrestled Beckham to the ground on multiple occasions.The two have gone back and forth taking public shots at each other since.Norman signed a five-year, $75 million contract with the Redskins in the offseason, setting the stage for two meetings a season with his archrival Beckham. The first meeting between the two is in Week 3.Norman told reporters Wednesday that he focuses on the assignments given to him by his coaches.Im doing what Im asked to do and doing it to the best of my abilities, trying to be a cerebral assassin on details and assignments, which my coaches ask me to do, he said. Trying to be a technician of the game. Anything I can do, Im all for it. Whether I travel or not travel to one side, left side, who really cares? Just get the job done. Whoever gets the job done, so be it.All this talk about this guy matchups up this guy, who really frickin cares? Come out with a W and win the game. Thats hogwash. Thats what people talk about. Of course we want to go up against each other because our competitive egos are through the roof. Its one of those things that comes with the territory.There is little doubt among the Giants that Norman will spend next Sunday covering Beckham.He didnt get into a fisticuffs with those guys last year, so it will be different, Cruz said. Id be a little surprised given the circumstances if he doesnt follow Odell around the field. Id be a little surprised, to be honest.Cruz said he watched only part of Mondays game between the Redskins and Steelers. He didnt see all of Browns catches, most of which came against Redskins cornerback Bashaud Breeland.But if Norman really wanted to cover Brown, Cruz thinks it would have happened.Its always his choice. He can go to the powers that be and say, Hey, I want to cover this guy. And if they say no, if maybe he did that and they say no, then Ill have to eat my words, Cruz said. But for the most part, you can go make that request.Cruz isnt alone in his thinking. Jenkins said Norman should have been covering Brown throughout that contest.I think when youre paying someone $70 million, there shouldnt be no game plan, Jenkins told reporters. The game plan should be, youre on this guy and thats what it is.Its going to be a fun week for the Giants leading up to their much-awaited matchup with the Redskins. But first they play the New Orleans Saints on Sunday. Norman and the Redskins take on star wide receiver Dez Bryant and the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday.ESPN Redskins reporter John Keim contributed to this report. Tom Dempsey Jersey . -- Damian Lillard and LaMarcus Alrdridge were again the go-to duo for the Trail Blazers against the Kings. Zach Wood Jersey . 8 Iowa State on Saturday, sending the Cyclones to their third consecutive loss. The Longhorns (14-4, 3-2) got their biggest win of the season with their third in the row in the Big 12. http:///...sey-large-1872e.html .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. STARKVILLE, Miss. -- Mississippi States Nick Fitzgerald had one of the most productive performances for a quarterback in SEC history last weekend.But those 417 yards passing, 119 yards rushing and seven total touchdowns came with a bit of a caveat: The game was against lower-level Samford , which plays in the Football Championship Subdivision.Still, it was a performance that got the attention of Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin.Anybody in this league -- I dont care who youre playing -- who can throw for 400 and rush for 100 as a quarterback whos that big, youd better start preparing for all kinds of stuff, Sumlin said. Because he can spin it, he can put it down and run it and hes a load when he runs.No. 7 Texas A&M (7-1, 4-1 Southeastern Conference, No. 4 CFP) travels to face Mississippi State (3-5, 1-3) on Saturday. Sumlin said figuring out a way to at least slow down Fitzgerald is paramount.The 6-foot-5, 230-pound Fitzgerald has been inconsistent this season, but has had some really good moments like the Samford game. Sumlin said he sees a quarterback who is improving quickly.Its another one of those deals where you get later in the season and quarterbacks who are young and inexperienced are starting to see more things and theyre getting better, Sumlin said.Texas A&M would seem to be better equipped than most when it comes to slowing down an imposing quarterback. The Aggies formidable defensive line, which includes Myles Garrett and Daeshon Hall, has combined for 18 quarterback hurries and 19 tackles for loss so far this season.Those guys can just cause havoc up front with a bunch of potential NFL players and possibly first rounders or first picks in the draft, Mullen said. You see why they are one of the top teams in Ameerica. Deuce McAllister Jersey. ---Some other things to watch when Texas A&M travels to Mississippi State:DONALDS ENCORE: Fitzgeralds big day passing against Samford led to some big numbers for his receivers. Donald Gray caught four passes for 207 yards and three touchdowns in the 56-41 win. The junior is the teams second-leading receiver and could have a bigger role in the offense during the seasons final month.STATES SORRY DEFENSE: Mississippi States great performance on offense against Samford couldnt mask some serious issues on defense. The Bulldogs gave up a whopping 627 total yards one week after giving up 554 total yards in a loss to Kentucky. Mullen said most of the teams problem is that there has been poor tackling.TACKLING TREVOR: Texas A&M quarterback Trevor Knight has been very productive with the Aggies since coming to the school as a graduate transfer. Knights thrown for 1,868 yards and 13 touchdowns while also running for 529 yards and nine touchdowns.TRAYVEONS BIG YEAR: Texas A&M freshman running back Trayveon Williams has quickly turned into one of the SECs top backs. Hes run for 776 yards and six touchdowns while averaging 7.8 yards per carry. He could become the first true freshman in school history to run for 1,000 yards in a season.PRODUCTIVE AGGIE DEFENSE: Texas A&M leads the nation with 77 tackles for a loss. Thats 13 more than Alabama, which is No. 2 on the list. The Aggies have had at least 7 TFLs in every game this year, with a season high of 13 against Auburn.---Follow David Brandt on Twitter: www.twitter.com/davidbrandtAP .---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org . ' ' '