orida before long.Florida haorida before long.Florida ha | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Feb 3 '20
RENTON, Wash. Derek Stepan Jersey . -- Trevone Boykin was inundated with congratulatory messages in the hours after making his regular-season debut as an NFL quarterback.For his first NFL experience stepping in for the Seattle Seahawks after Russell Wilson was injured last Sunday. For throwing his first NFL touchdown on a fourth-quarter pass to Doug Baldwin.Of all the congratulations sent to Boykin, though, one message in particular stood out. It came from Steve Faber, the father of Abby Faber. And if Abbys name doesnt sound familiar, thats understandable.But she is special to Boykin.It was probably one of the texts I will remember more than anything, Boykin said Wednesday.Abby Faber is a 7-year-old with cerebral palsy who first met Boykin at the 50-yard line in Ames, Iowa last October . When TCU played at Iowa State last year, Faber was an honorary captain and was wearing a Cyclones jersey for the pregame coin toss. Boykin, the TCU quarterback, leaned down toward the girl in her wheelchair and asked, Whats your name? Fort Worth Star-Telegram photographer Paul Moseley took a touching picture of the two that went viral.Even though they were there as Iowa State fans, the Faber family has remained connected to TCU. They were in Fort Worth, Texas, two weeks ago when the Horned Frogs played the Cyclones and Abby had a chance to reconnect with Boykin via FaceTime.So it stuck with Boykin when the message came up from the Fabers on Sunday congratulating Boykin on completing 7 of 9 passes for 65 yards in the 37-18 win over San Francisco and for what hes accomplished in becoming an NFL quarterback.It hit home hard just because seeing what she goes through and they support me and everything, Boykin said. Its fun. I love playing the game. I love doing this. I wouldnt change it for a world.Boykin could find himself in a bigger spotlight come Sunday when the Seahawks play at the New York Jets. Coach Pete Carroll said Wednesday that hes moving forward with the idea that Wilson will be able to play despite spraining the MCL in his left knee during the third quarter last week.Still, there is a real possibility that Boykin will get significant playing time against the Jets.I went into practice last week just like Ill go into practice this week expecting to play. If not, Ill be ready, Boykin said.Backup quarterback was a major question mark for Seattle during training camp. The Seahawks had the luxury of an experienced veteran in Tarvaris Jackson playing behind Wilson the past three seasons. But Carroll wanted someone who was more of a running threat, similar to Wilson. He didnt want to have to adjust the offense if the backup came in.Boykin fit the bill, signing with Seattle as an undrafted free agent after sliding out of the draft in part because of his arrest in San Antonio in the days before the Alamo Bowl. It turned out to be another coup for Seattle. Boykin impressed enough throughout training camp and the preseason that Seattle felt comfortable going with the rookie instead of having a veteran backup.We thought it was a guy who could do what hes doing. I was kind of open to it from the start. I really wanted this to happen. I really wanted him to be the guy. I really wanted to get a backup quarterback that could keep us in the same system so we could really utilize the same run game principles as well as the passing style, Carroll said. He looked like a perfect opportunity there.Boykin made one mistake in his regular-season debut, throwing a fourth-quarter interception, but otherwise looked like a capable option if Wilson isnt available.Most of the motivation came from Russ, Boykin said. He came in his rookie year and like he said, he just tried to be the best him he can be. Thats how Im trying to do (it) is be the best me I can be and learn from him.---Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Jakob Chychrun Jersey . The Americans, skipped by John Shuster, seized the advantage in the eighth end by scoring five points for a 7-3 lead. The Czechs pulled two back in the ninth, but Shusters team of third Jeff Isaacson, second Jared Zezel and lead John Landsteiner ended with another point to secure the last Olympic berth on offer. Dan Focht Jersey . Robinson finished with 17 points, all but two in the second half, and Lawson had 14 after halftime and finished with a game-high 11 assists as the Nuggets handed Dallas its first home loss in eight games this season. J.J. Hickson led Denver with 22, and Kenneth Faried added 10 points and 10 rebounds. https:///...-jersey-coyotes.html . -- Al Jefferson found a groove just in time for the Charlotte Bobcats. SUNRISE, Fla. -- Reilly Smith and Vincent Trocheck signed new deals with the Florida Panthers on Sunday, becoming the latest beneficiaries of the teams plan to lock up its young talent long-term.Smith got a five-year, $25 million extension that will keep him under contract through the 2021-22 season. His deal was announced not long after Trocheck finalized his six-year, $28.5 million contract with the club.Reilly was a key player for our team last season, general manager Tom Rowe said. He is a valuable contributor to our offense and special teams and is an important part of our talented group of forwards.Smith and Trocheck combined for 50 goals -- 25 each -- and 53 assists last season. Trocheck had 28 assists while Smith had 25 for the Atlantic Division winners, who made the playoffs for just the second time in 15 seasons.Rowe said Trocheck will be a prominent part of the Panthers for years to come.The 22-year-old Trocheck has 37 goals and 46 assists in 146 NHL games. Smith, 25, has 150 points in 285 career games. Kyle Turris Jersey. With Smith, Trocheck, All-Star defenseman Aaron Ekblad (who agreed to a $60 million extension on Friday) and forward Alexander Barkov (who last season signed a $35.4 million extension that starts to kick in this fall), the Panthers have committed nearly $150 million to four key parts of their young core.It shows that they really want to win, Trocheck said. That makes us excited.Its expected that forward Jonathan Huberdeau, who is entering the last year of his contract, will also be a candidate for a new deal with Florida before long.Florida has added defensemen Keith Yandle, Mark Pysyk and Jason Demers, goalies James Reimer and Reto Berra, and forwards Colton Sceviour and Jonathan Marchessault in this offseason through free agency and trades. The Panthers also retained Jaromir Jagr, who turns 45 next season, on another one-year deal. ' ' '