, you just kind of root for the | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
corse178 Aug 8 '18
DETROIT -- Past the kid with the head-to-toe Michigan gear, up the stairs that lead to a banner on the left urging students to come to Ann Arbor and back to the office in the weight room, theres a coach with championship rings featuring a Block M on both hands. cheap jerseys usa .In the beating downtown heart of Detroit sits Cass Technical High School, a program that has become something of a breeding ground for the most storied rivalry in college football. But despite all those ties to one side of the feud, including the coach churning out all the talent, there will be almost as many Technicians in Ohio State jerseys as Michigan ones in The Game on Saturday, in a matchup that will have Thomas Wilchers fingerprints all over it.I mean, its not about the rivalry for me, Wilcher said in his cramped, trophy-stocked office. Its all about the best interest of the child. You have to always keep the child first because if the child is not first, then who is? I cant be first. Im not going to college. Ive already been to college. Its about him.The only belief I have is that I like to have kids stay at home so their parents can see them play. If you dont have a school here in the state of Michigan, lets go out there and travel the country and find that bad boy for you so you can be happy.Former Cass Tech standouts?Jourdan Lewis, David Dawson, Delano Hill?and?Michael Onwenu stayed in-state and now play for Michigan. But it turns out theres a place across the states southern border and about three hours south of Detroit that is making a few of Wilchers former stars happy. With Mike Weber and Damon Webb both playing prominent roles and a third high school teammate, Joshua Alabi, on the bench for the Buckeyes, one of the preeminent college-preparatory schools in Michigan is becoming a key factor in Ohio States run to the playoff.Saturdays game isnt the only high-stakes battle between Michigan and Ohio State. ESPN 300 wide receiver?Donovan Peoples-Jones, who hauled in a game-winning touchdown Saturday in the state semifinals to set up a date in the championship, which will kick off one hour after The Game starts, is a recruiting priority for both the Buckeyes and Wolverines. But if the top-ranked player in the state of Michigan feels any heat from being thrust into the middle of the rivalry, he doesnt show it.I dont really feel pressure because I know guys that I have played with who go to both schools, Peoples-Jones said. I love watching my teammates, and I want the players that I know to do well, but as far as teams, nah, I dont pay attention to that.I want them all to have a good game. Unfortunately, one team has to lose, but Im not at all paying any attention to that. Im paying attention to my guys. Im happy for them, respect them and want to see them have success. Weve got guys from Cass Tech who have gone everywhere.The bulletin board behind Wilchers desk and the framed photos scattered throughout the office prove it. They show uniforms from dozens of schools around the Midwest, further validating Cass Techs place as one of the top college-preparatory schools in Michigan.As true as that is on the football field, it might go double in the classroom. High test scores and a solid GPA are required to get into the glistening building on 2nd Avenue -- and stay there. Technicians also must choose a specific academic program, which determines their course load. That combined academic and athletic experience is a significant reason Wilchers office is so popular on the recruiting trail. Cass Tech is essentially producing ready-made college athletes, and considering the standards at Ohio State and Michigan, that has turned the school into yet another battleground in a never-ending feud.Yeah, at first I thought it was kind of like an airport down here, recent Michigan commit Jaylen Kelly-Powell said. But really at our program, our players put in, our coaches put in, everybody all puts in 100 percent to what were doing. Thats how we get better, really: great coaches, great football, great academics. Best of all worlds.Coach Wilcher, he just wants the best for us, no matter what. Wherever you go, hell support you. If something about a situation doesnt feel right, hell say his opinion. But hell get the details about whats going on, and hes always looking out for everybody.There is a priority for Wilcher, though, and he doesnt even bother hiding it.A former track star with the Wolverines who won an indoor national championship as a hurdler, a running back who helped them win the 1986 Big Ten title and a former teammate of Jim Harbaughs, Wilcher has a rooting interest when it comes to The Game. But he will also speak glowingly of Michigan State, praise Western Michigan and rattle off all the other places within the state border that could offer his players a chance to stay close to home and represent a state he clearly cares deeply about.If that doesnt work out, then those frequent visits from Ohio States coaching staff can become a larger part of the conversation.I feel like he knows the best interest for all his players when it comes to getting all the potential out of you, pushing you to work hard, Weber said. Winning, sending good players to good schools, I think hell probably end up going to the high school hall of fame in Michigan.Hes a good coach, and I still talk to him to this day. He still calls me and gives me advice about how I can play and what I can do differently. He never really settled. You can break off an 80-yard run, and hell find something you didnt do right or you could have done better. He sees the potential and gets it out of you.The current Technicians wont be watching the Wolverines try to snap their four-game losing streak in the series and stay in the hunt for the College Football Playoff. Theyll be focused on their own playoff game. Wilcher, obviously, wont be keeping tabs from his sideline on the coach he met when he was a 17-year-old star athlete himself.But there is an outcome that would make the high school epicenter of the rivalry proud, and its more about the players than the teams -- well, mostly.I think its good to have Michigan and Ohio State back at the top fighting like they used to because it always came down to that final Saturday, baby, Wilcher said. It always came down to that game, and its just right back at it again. Its a real good thing to see them going at it.But, you know, you just kind of root for the players, root for [Cass Tech], and thats it. I want Mike to do well, I want Damon to do well -- but I do want a Michigan win.No matter what happens, both schools figure to be right back in Wilchers office looking to reload with Technicians for the next time. cheap jerseys . Fernandez, coached in Toronto by former two-time Olympic silver medallist Brian Orser, scored 267.11 points and is the first champion to successfully defend since Russias Evgeny Plushenko in 2005 and 2006. wholesale jerseys . MORITZ, Switzerland -- Fog prevented downhill racers from getting their Olympic dress rehearsal. http://www.cheapauthenticjerseysnflchina.net/ . In the response filed Wednesday to the complaint by 30-year-old Alexander Bradley, attorneys say the former University of Florida player is invoking his Fifth Amendment right that protects people from incriminating themselves. Coming into this season, it seemed as if DeAndre Hopkins was the rare type of receiver who could post elite fantasy numbers regardless of who was throwing him the football. During the 2014 and 2015 campaigns, Hopkins ranked seventh in wide receiver fantasy points per game (11.2) despite being thhrown passes from a group of mediocre quarterbacks that included Brian Hoyer, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Ryan Mallett, T. cheap nfl jerseys. J. Yates, Brandon Weeden and Case Keenum. Cheap MLB Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping cheap nfl jerseys Cheap Jerseys USA China Jerseys Cheap NFL Authentic JerseysCheap Jerseys For Sale Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys ' ' '