. "Maybe this is the start of something." | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
corse178 Aug 14 '18
Rangana Herath, who led Sri Lanka to a 2-0 sweep of Zimbabwe in his first series as captain, has said that the teams recent run in Test cricket bodes well for the South Africa tour, which starts with the Boxing Day Test in Port Elizabeth. Cheap Air Max 90 All Black . Sri Lankas 257-run victory in Harare in the second Test was their fifth successive win - they swept Australia 3-0 at home prior to this series - to equal their second-longest winning streak in Tests.If you take the Australian series, the 3-0 win gave us a lot of confidence for the Zimbabwe tour, Herath said on Saturday. Now that we have beaten Zimbabwe and won five Tests in a row, I am sure that confidence will help us for the South African tour. I am 100 percent certain about the confidence of our players that they will do well in South Africa.Herath himself led the way in Zimbabwe, taking 19 wickets in two matches at an average of just over 15. During his 8 for 63 in the second Test in Harare, Herath became only the third bowler, after Muttiah Muralitharan and Dale Steyn, to complete a five-for against all nine other Test nations.I would say it was a kind of a high achievement, Herath said. I didnt know that I was the third player to achieve that feat, but I am really happy with that performance because I havent had a five-wicket haul against Zimbabwe, and it was the first time I played against them. I am really happy to join that club with Murali and Steyn.Herath, who stood in as captain in the absence of Angelo Mathews and Dinesh Chandimal, said he relished the experience. I enjoyed every single moment of it and I did really enjoy the captaincy. I had played under a lot of captains like Sanath (Jayasuriya), Mahela (Jayawardene), Sanga (Kumar Sangakkara), (Tillakaratne) Dilshan, Hashan (Tillakeratne) and Angelo (Mathews), and gained experience from them. That experience helped me a lot coupled with the little bit I had captaining Moors SC to the Premier league title.Herath acknowledged the contributions of several players, including the returning Upul Tharanga, for making his job easier. Opener Dimuth Karunaratne hit form with 280 runs in four innings, including a century and two fifties. Tharanga held the middle order together and brought up his second Test hundred last week, nearly 11 years after his first. Fringe players like batsman Dhananjaya de Silva and seam-bowling allrounder Asela Gunaratne also impressed. It was easier to captain when every single player was performing and contributing a lot to the team, Herath said. I must thank the players and the supporting staff for our success in the series.If you take individually, Kusal Perera, Kaushal Silva, Dhanajaya (de Silva), Asela Gunaratne, Dimuth Karunaratne performed; every single player contributed in every single game. Players like Upul Tharanga, who came to Test cricket after a long time, and Asela, who played his first at the age of 30, I saw some difference in him he played a matured innings in both Tests.On the bowling front, Herath lauded seamer Suranga Lakmal, who found swing with the new ball and reverse-swing with the old one on docile surfaces, and offspinner Dilruwan Perera who complemented him.Of the bowlers, most credit should go to Suranga Lakmal because on those flat tracks, its not easy to bowl, but he bowled his heart out, he said. Even Lahiru Gamage, he gave the kind of confidence to the team and he looks a good prospect for Sri Lanka. Dilruwan (Perera) and myself, every single player contributed in some way, thats why we won the two Tests.Herath, 38, said he has not set any long-term plans, and instead looked to take it series by series. I have gained a lot of confidence in the last two series I played, taking 28 wickets against Australia and 19 against Zimbabwe, he said. I am always planning to take it series by series and try to do my best each time. Its a much easier target than planning for six to twelve months. As long as I am contributing 100 percent, its easier to continue playing for the team. Cheap Air Max 90 Womens . -- The proud fathers huddled near the Dallas Stars dressing room, smiling, laughing and telling stories while wearing replica green sweaters of their sons team. Cheap Air Max 90 2018 . Radwanska, making her debut in the Seoul tournament, hit eight aces in a match that lasted 1 hour, 4 minutes at Olympic Park tennis stadium. "It was definitely a very good match -- I was playing really good tennis," Radwanska said. http://www.cheapairmax90fromchina.com/ . He said Tuesday thats a big reason why he is now the new coach of the Tennessee Titans. Whisenhunt said he hit it off quickly with Ruston Webster when interviewing for the job Friday night. MINNEAPOLIS -- Andy Pettitte has seen Robinson Canos sweet left-handed swing for so long that he can almost tell when a hot streak is coming. The way Cano was launching balls all over Target Field on Monday night, Pettitte thinks another tear is right around the corner, and not a moment too soon for the struggling New York Yankees offence. Cano homered twice and Pettitte broke Whitey Fords club record for career strikeouts to help New York snap a five-game skid with a 10-4 victory over the Minnesota Twins. "Its impressive," Pettitte said, marveling at Canos 435-foot solo shot in the first inning and an opposite-field homer in the third. "Hopefully he can keep it going. But what a talent he is. Its fun to watch him hit." Zoilo Almonte had three hits and two RBIs as the slumbering Yankees offence woke up with seven runs in the last two innings to reach double digits for the first time since May 10. Struggling reliever Jared Burton (1-6) gave up three runs and three hits while getting only one out for the Twins, who coughed up another eighth-inning lead. Ryan Doumit had two hits and two RBIs. Cano also had a double, a walk and three RBIs for the Yankees, who totalled 13 runs during their losing streak. "Were not that team anymore that we used to have the guys that we could say, This guy might hit two home runs in the next inning," Cano said. "So weve just got to take advantage when we get men on base." Pettitte allowed four runs and six hits in five innings. Joba Chamberlain (1-0) pitched an inning of scoreless relief for the win. Scott Diamond gave up two earned runs and seven hits with five strikeouts in 6 2-3 innings for the Twins, who took a 4-3 lead into the eighth thanks to a solo homer by Chris Parmelee in the sixth. Cano, however, had more in store for Minnesota. "Tough out," Diamond said. "He kind of spoiled it for us tonight." Burton, an effective setup man since joining the Twins last season, was shaky again. He gave up a double to Cano to start the eighth, then couldnt get speedy Ichiro Suzuki on a bunt single. Burton tried to pick off Suzuki at first base, but his throw sailed past Justin Morneau and allowed Cano to score and tie the game. Almonte followed with his go-ahead single past a drawn-in infield, and New Yoork cruised from there. Cheap Air Max 90 All White. The Yankees havent looked much like the Yankees of late, running out relatively no-name lineups filled with youngsters and journeymen while their stars mend on the disabled list. They had lost 13 of their previous 18 to fall into fourth place in the AL East, and Pettitte looked nothing like the consistent lefty hes been for most of 18 seasons in the early going Monday night. He needed 41 pitches to get through the first inning. He gave up a two-run single to Doumit and allowed another run to score when he slipped to the ground while trying to field a comebacker from Oswaldo Arcia. Pettitte threw the ball over first baseman Lyle Overbays head, allowing Doumit to score from second base for a 3-1 lead. Yankees manager Joe Girardi, who earned his 600th career win, had Preston Claiborne warming in the bullpen in the first, but Pettitte was able to settle down after that rocky inning, breezing through the next four to keep his team in the game. "You hope that the hard work that theyve been putting in starts to pay off," Girardi said. "Maybe this is the start of something." Canos second homer of the night, a two-run shot to left field, tied the score 3-all in the third, and Pettitte made some more history in the fifth. He began the night needing two strikeouts to pass Ford for the Yankees record. After fanning Clete Thomas in the third inning, Pettitte broke the record by getting Morneau swinging in the fifth for his 1,958th career strikeout. "I feel very fortunate to be around for as long as I have," Pettitte said. "To be able to be mentioned with Whiteys name is obviously always an honour." The Twins were missing Josh Willingham with a left knee injury, and Joe Mauer struck out in a pinch-hitting appearance in the eighth. NOTES: It was Canos third multihomer game this season and the 13th of his career. ... Twins RHP Mike Pelfrey gave up two runs and two hits with six strikeouts in six innings during a rehab outing for Class-A Cedar Rapids. ... Twins GM Terry Ryan on Yankees closer Mariano Rivera, who has tormented the Twins over the years and is retiring after this season: "God bless that man. Hes been a tremendous closer. But its not going to break my heart to see him go off into the sunset." Cheap MLB Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping cheap nfl jerseys Cheap Jerseys USA China Jerseys Cheap NFL Authentic Jerseys Cheap Jerseys For Sale Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale JerseysCheap NBA Jerseys ' ' '