pushed their winning streak to 12 consecutive matches | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
corse178 Aug 23 '18
With golfs return to the Olympics now in the rearview mirror, how will its future play out with the IOC?And Ryder Cup pressure kicks into full gear this week as the FedEx Cup playoffs kick off at the Barclays. Paris Saint-Germain Christopher Nkunku Jersey . Who needs a big week at Bethpage Black?Our experts go all in on all things golf this week in our latest edition of Monday Four-Ball.1. Fact or fiction: Golf will be an Olympic sport past the 2020 Summer Games in Tokyo.SportsCenter anchor Jonathan Coachman:?Fact. Despite so many of the top mens players not playing in Rio, golf fit in in a major way. The emotion and effort that those that did play was nothing short of remarkable. If this was the bottom, then I cant wait to see the top. And despite only three places medaling, you got the feeling that every single swing mattered. There is no doubt in my mind that golf is back to stay for a very long time in the Olympic Games.ESPN.com senior golf analyst Michael Collins:?Fact. As much as I believe it was a lukewarm reception for those outside of the golf bubble, I believe corporate-wise, if the IOC knows the best in the world will now show up when called to the Games, they will keep it in. Did you see the trampoline finals for the gold?!ESPN.com senior golf writer Bob Harig:?Fact. The two competitions went a long way toward making up for the negativity surrounding golf heading into the Games. Having medal winners -- five major champions -- from six different countries was impressive, but more so was the passion and pride exhibited by the players. Golf will overcome its rocky beginnings in the Games.ESPN.com senior golf writer Jason Sobel: Fact. The past two weeks showed the world -- and more importantly, the IOC -- that golf is a relevant Olympic event and worthy of inclusion every four years. But amidst the feel-good stories it offered, lets not overlook the potential TV ratings and revenue that a sport with built-in superstars can bring to the festivities.2. Which U.S. Ryder Cup hopeful has the most pressure on him entering this week?Coachman:?For me this was easy. J.B. Holmes. Perception is unfortunately usually reality and with Bubba Watson, Matt Kuchar and Rickie Fowler as the other three inside the top 12, I find it very hard to believe that any of those three would be left out. Holmes is not a name on the tip of everyones tongue. If I am him, I have to play my way into the top eight to secure my spot on points.Collins:?Everyone will lean toward Rickie Fowler, but I think for the home team fans, hes a no-brainer pick if he doesnt qualify. Bill Haas is the guy who needs a really good week because hes not as well known by the fans, but could have the biggest and best impact on the team.Harig:?Rickie Fowler. As much as you would think he is a lock for one of captain Davis Loves picks, Fowler is far from the hot player youd like to see at this point. He has no top-5 finishes since May, and even that tie for fourth at the Wells Fargo came after he squandered a 54-hole lead. Fowler would do well to get on a roll right now.Sobel: Rickie Fowler hasnt played his best golf lately. No, hes hardly been awful, but he certainly hasnt made it a no-brainer decision for Davis Love III. Coming off a T-22 in Greensboro, he could use a few big finishes to cement his place on the team -- even if its just as one of the four captains picks.3. How would you assess the FedEx Cup as we enter its 10-year anniversary?Coachman:?I am a huge fan. I feel like the last couple of years there has actually been interest despite the final weeks being opposite the NFL. PGA Tour players respond to one thing: big-time money. And this is as big as it gets. But the big dogs have to come to play like last year. A battle between Jordan Spieth and Henrik Stenson was fantastic. And Stenson has proven this summer that his game in the eye of pressure stands up against anyones. The $10 million dollar first prize has made September matter and that is very cool.Collins:?Im still waiting for the nightmare scenario to happen. That would be if someone finished second, third, fourth and second in the playoff events to get the 10 million bucks and have people try and tell me how great it still is. There can be some tweaks to make it truly feel like playoffs, but they need that ultimate fail before theyll change.Harig:?The positives outweigh the negatives. Yes, it would be nice if the points system could be rectified so as not to be so confusing; or if they shrank the number of playoff events from four to three and required you to compete in them all (which could happen down the road). But the bottom line is golf has a definitive end to its season that sees a majority of its top players competing in a series of tournaments over a month. Anyone who remembers the pre-FedEx Cup days can tell you how little golf registered after the PGA ChampionshipSobel: I think its exactly what it was supposed to be: a strong conclusion to the season that never previously existed. It drew some unfavorable reviews at the beginning, but I think the idea has largely turned into a beneficial one, both for the tour and its players. Sure, there are still some potential improvements -- Id rather see three tournaments instead of four, with a Labor Day finish before football season -- but the concept has remained a good one.4. Which player are you most surprised to see outside the top 125 on the FedEx list?Coachman:?I have to go with Jamie Donaldson. It wasnt that long ago that Donaldson was a Ryder Cup hero. But two years later, trying to make a go of it on both tours can prove difficult. Donaldson is sitting outside the top 145. He wasnt close. I thought after breaking through two years ago that he would start to take off. But that simply has not happened on this side of the pond.Collins:?Since 2006, Hunter Mahan has never made less than $1 million. This year at $230,694, he made less than his former caddie John Wood and will miss the FedEx Cup playoffs for the first time since its inception. For every Cinderella, theres a Bill Buckner.Harig:?Hunter Mahan. He had made the FedEx Cup playoffs every year dating to its inception in 2007 and had made the Tour Championship every year through 2014, last year getting to the BMW Championship. This year, at 182nd, he isnt even close and will need to go to the Web.com Tour finals to regain his status.Sobel: It was commendable that Ernie Els, already a Hall of Famer, would play so much golf this summer just to move up the ranking and points list. But its just as quizzical that a player of his caliber could only manage to finish 163rd in the final standings. We all know about the putting issues, but with that swing, it always seems like the Big Easy should be top-50 without even making many of em. Paris Saint-Germain Yacine Adli Jersey . Team physician Dr. Steve Traina performed the surgery Friday. Robinson was injured in a spill underneath the Nuggets basket during the first quarter of Wednesday nights loss to the Charlotte Bobcats. Paris Saint-Germain Angel Di Maria Jersey .B. -- The Baie-Comeau Drakkar took over sole possession of first place atop the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League on Thursday with their sixth straight win. http://www.cheapparissaintgermainjersey.com/ . -- Whether Jeremy Hill deserves a prominent role in LSUs offence this early in the season is a matter for debate. COLUMBIA, Mo.-- Mizzou Volleyball (17-3, 8-0 SEC) returned to its sweeping ways on Wednesday evening, defeating LSU, 3-0 (25-15, 25-19, 25-19). The Tigers convincing victory pushed their winning streak to 12 consecutive matches.Mizzou displayed stellar defense all night long, as it matched its season high with 15.0 total blocks. The Tigers strong play at the net also led to 27 LSU attack errors (.000 hitting). Sophomore Alyssa Munlyn (Suwanee, Ga.) paced Mizzou in individual blocking, as her nine total blocks set a new season high.Munlyn was one of five Tigers to record multiple total blocks Wednesday night. Redshirt junior Kira Larson (Fargo, N.D.) also shined defensively, tallying five total blocksOffensively, senior Carly Kan (Honolulu) recorded a team high 12 kills on .346 hitting. Kan has now tallied double-digit kills 13 times this year, including six occurrences in Southeastern Conference action. Paris Saint-Germain Timothy Weah Jersey. The Tiger outside hitter surpassed 1,500 career kills following her standout match against LSU. Kans 1,510 career kills ranks 4th-most in Mizzou Volleyball history.Senior Emily Thater (Springfield, Mo.) produced four total blocks, giving her 381 career total blocks in Tiger black and gold. She now ranks 5th in all-time total blocks in program history.TOP TIGERS? Kan: 12 kills on .346 hitting, 1,500th career kill? Munlyn: 7 kills on .455 hitting, season high 9 total blocksUP NEXTMizzou closes its two-match homestand on Sunday, Oct. 23, against Kentucky. First serve at the Hearnes Center is scheduled for 1 p.m. (CT). The Tigers and Wildcats will compete live on SEC Network. Cheap MLB Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping cheap nfl jerseys Cheap Jerseys USA China Jerseys Cheap NFL Authentic Jerseys Cheap Jerseys For Sale Cheap NFL Jerseys ChinaWholesale Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys ' ' '