Remparts (15-7-0), who had their three-game winning | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
zgr123 Mai 31 '17
MILWAUKEE -- NBA Hall of Famer Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is interested in returning in some capacity to the Milwaukee Bucks. LeBron James Jersey.  "If I get a call, I will definitely offer my services," said Abdul-Jabbar, the franchises career leading scorer with 14,211 points. "Theres nothing on the table right now. A couple of people have asked me and if I had the chance to be part of this franchise again, I would take it." In December, former Sen. Herb Kohl announced he would seek minority investors in the team, which he has owned since 1985. The franchise is at something of a crossroads, struggling to draw large crowds to an aging building. The Bucks beat Utah 114-88 on Monday, but have the leagues worst record at 12-47. Still, Abdul-Jabbar sees Milwaukee as a viable NBA market. "They have to get their business model right," Abdul-Jabbar said Monday. "I hope that the Bucks are able to sort it all out and get on a good footing. You cant win it all unless you get the right players and you cant get the right players unless youre really in a good position as a business." Abdul-Jabbar was in town in part to promote a new tourism ad for the state of Wisconsin that played off his acting role in the movie "Airplane." Over the last few years, Abdul-Jabbar has expressed an interest in returning to the NBA as a coach. Hes worked as a special assistant with teams such as the Clippers and Lakers. Abdul-Jabbar -- then Lew Alcindor -- was the No. 1 overall pick in the 1969 NBA draft and immediately turned the Bucks, coming off their expansion season, into contenders. Milwaukee went 56-26 and finished second in the Eastern Division behind Abdul-Jabbars 28.8 points and 14.5 rebounds per game. Not long after the season ended, the Bucks obtained Oscar Robertson from the Cincinnati Royals, leading to a dominant 1970-71 season. They finished with a 66-16 record and swept Baltimore in the NBA Finals, becoming the fastest expansion franchise to win a championship in the history of major professional sports. The Bucks returned to the Finals in 1974, losing to Boston in seven games. Robertson would retire just before the 74-75 season and Abdul-Jabbar quietly requested a trade, looking for a bigger market and the chance to join another contender. "They appreciated that and they appreciated that I kept my mouth shut about it," he said. "I gave them the opportunity to approach other teams and they figured out the best deal they could make for themselves." Abdul-Jabbar got his wish in June 1975, when he was shipped to the Lakers in a deal that included Junior Bridgeman going to Milwaukee. Both players have had their jerseys retired by the franchise. Bridgeman, who was honoured by the team last week, also has been mentioned as a possible investor. Mike Dunleavy Cavaliers Jersey . The CFL will help tackle womens cancers by playing four special "CFL PINK" games this weekend. Chris Andersen Jersey . The Toronto Blue Jays general manager made a series of bold moves that reshaped the club ahead of what would turn out to be a disastrous 2013 campaign.VAL DOR, Que. - A five-point night for Julien Gauthier was just what the Val-dOr offence needed on Saturday.Gauthier had a hat trick and added two assists as the Foreurs downed the Shawinigan Cataractes 7-4 in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action.Anthony Richard struck twice while Shawn Ouellette-St-Amant and Pierre-Maxime Poudrier rounded out the Val-dOr (8-12-3) attack.Olivier Caouette scored twice for Shawinigan (12-10-2) with James Phelan and Dennis Yan also chipping in. Anthony Beauvillier had three assists.Etienne Montpetit turned aside 31 shots for the win while Antoine Samuel made 29 saves in the loss.The Foreurs power play was dynamite, scoring on four-of-five chances. The Cataractes went 1 for 5. ---DRAKKAR 3 SEA DOGS 1BAIE-COMEAU, Que. — Nicolas Meloche scored the go-ahead goal at 9:35 of the third period as the Drakkar beat Saint John.Alexis Vanier opened the scoring on the power play for Baie-Comeau (15-6-3) while Luca Ciampini added an empty-net goal to secure the victory.Samuel Dove-McFalls replied for the Sea Dogs (14-5-3).---SCREAMING EAGLES 3 MOOSEHEADS 2SYDNEY, N.S. — Maxim Lazarev scored his 10th goal of the year in the third period to help Cape Breton edge Halifax.Jacob Smith and Loik Leveille both found tthe back of the net for the Screaming Eagles (8-12-4). Mo Williams Cavaliers Jersey. Morgan Nauss opened the scoring on the power play in the second period for the Mooseheads (9-12-3). Matt Murphy also had a goal.---ISLANDERS 2 TIGRES 1CHARLOTTETOWN — Daniel Sprong struck twice to lead the Islanders past Victoriaville.Kameron Kielly added two assists for Charlottetown (11-11-2), which won its second straight.Nikita Li scored in the third period for the Tigres (12-8-3).---VOLTIGEURS 5 WILDCATS 4 (SO)MONCTON, N.B. — Christophe Lalancette scored at 19:30 of the third period and again in the shootout as Drummondville edged the Wildcats.Benjamin Gagne, Joey Ratelle and Alex Barre-Boulet supplied the rest of the Voltigeurs (10-10-2) offence.Stephen Johnson, Kyle Tibbo, Ivan Barbashev and Eric Leger all had goals for Moncton (15-8-1), which entered the game winners of its past five.---HUSKIES 5 REMPARTS 4ROUYN-NORANDA, Que. — Mathieu Lemay had a pair of goals as the Huskies skated past Quebec.Alexandre Sills, Allan Caron and Francis Perron also scored for Rouyn-Noranda (11-10-2).Kurt Etchegary struck twice for the Remparts (15-7-0), who had their three-game winning streak snapped. Marc-Olivier Roy and Nikolas Brouillard also had a goal.--- Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '