can jump the way I do or run the way I do," Stauskas | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
zgr123 Jun 1 '17
NEW YORK -- The entire season for the New York Mets boiled down to two dates on the calendar: "Super Tuesday" and panic Monday. Raekwon McMillan Womens Jersey . Terry Collins is coming back confident better days lie ahead. "Maybe we can finish what we started," he said. The manager received a two-year contract extension Monday with a club option for 2016, a move the Mets announced one day after finishing 74-88 for the second consecutive season. Collins previous deal was about to expire, but it became increasingly clear down the stretch that he likely would return. "In many ways, Terry had an outstanding year," general manager Sandy Alderson said. "The team never quit, continued to play hard, continued to play with the resources it had at hand and finished as well as we could have expected." Fielding an inexperienced lineup ravaged by injuries and trades, the 64-year-old Collins kept New York competitive all summer without many of his top players -- including team captain David Wright, All-Star ace Matt Harvey and closer Bobby Parnell. Still, the rebuilding Mets were unable to overcome a 25-40 start and limped to their fifth straight losing record since moving into Citi Field. They edged Philadelphia for third place in the NL East after coming in fourth the previous four years. "We saw some bright things that happened this year with some of our young players. Obviously, weve got some outstanding young pitching coming," Collins said. "Were going into spring training with very, very high expectations. Its time to put some wins on the board." New York did just that during an encouraging stretch that began June 18, the day touted pitcher Zack Wheeler was called up from the minors and leadoff hitter Eric Young Jr. was obtained from Colorado. In a doubleheader dubbed "Super Tuesday" by a city tabloid, Harvey and Wheeler pitched the Mets to a sweep at NL East champion Atlanta. From there they went 33-26 through Aug. 20, while Youngs much-needed speed sparked a stagnant offence on his way to the National League stolen base crown. But the following Monday, Aug. 26, Harvey was shut down with a partially torn ligament in his right elbow that left his status for next season uncertain. He hopes to avoid Tommy John surgery with a strengthening and throwing program, though the Mets dont sound too optimistic. "Certainly losing Matt was a shock to the system, and I think emotionally weve all had to recover from that a little bit," Alderson said. "Even if Matt doesnt have the surgery, its going to affect our plan." The plan all along was to compete for a playoff spot in 2014. With about $40 million in player salaries coming off the payroll, the Mets expect to be active in free agency. Desperate for productive bats and a steady shortstop, New York could eye outfielders Shin-Soo Choo and Nelson Cruz. "Im really excited about what we might be able to do this off-season," Alderson said. "Certainly well have more payroll flexibility than weve had since Ive been here." Alderson, Collins and chief operating officer Jeff Wilpon are part of the brain trust headed to Florida to begin organizational meetings Tuesday. Alderson said next years budget will be set early on. The Mets own the 10th selection in the June draft, which means they wouldnt have to forfeit it to sign a top-tier free agent who receives a qualifying offer from his previous club. The top 10 picks are protected, eliminating a significant concern. Eager to upgrade in many areas, the Mets nevertheless will keep in mind the bloated contracts they gave to injury-prone Johan Santana and Jason Bay. "Those are cautionary examples of what can happen," Alderson said. "Its great to say, well, we have financial flexibility and then blow it on players deals that dont work out and put yourself right back in the same situation we were in before. At the same time, at some point youve got to go for it. So, having flexibility is great. But at some point youve got to put yourself on the line. And I think what were going to try to do is balance the level of our commitments with the desire to continue to maintain some flexibility going forward. Not just next year, but years after that." Trading some of their ballyhooed minor league pitching might be one way for the Mets to add offence. But that route can be risky. "I find it tough sometimes to trade young guys. And I think that fans identify with the young guys," Alderson said. "Having said that, were at a point now where we are in a position to make a deal for an established player (by) giving up some resources. But we have to be careful that we dont turn a strength into a weakness. And with Matt out, it makes it a little more difficult to give up the two or three guys that we know are right on the cusp." Alderson was encouraged by New Yorks .500 record over the final 100 games and acknowledged that was a significant factor in the decision to keep Collins, who is 225-261 in three seasons as Mets manager. His entire coaching staff also was retained. "Weve got the base. Now weve just got to make sure guys play up to their potential," Collins said. "We have the players to do it. Theyve got to buy into it." The team went 41-40 on the road this year, but both men were dismayed by a 33-48 mark at home that left the Mets a dubious 103-140 at Citi Field over the past three seasons. "I think part of it is the player mix," Alderson said. "Part of it has got to be something to do with the home environment here, whether thats here at the ballpark, whether its in the clubhouse, whether its on 45th and Sixth Avenue. I dont know. There are a variety of factors that were going to have to look at hard, because we cant allow this to continue." Charles Harris Dolphins Jersey . The Canadians led for much of the game before Argentina forced overtime in the dying seconds of the fourth quarter. Canada weathered the storm after squandering a lead with a series of made shots. "Its a fantastic win for our country with 11 first-time Canadian national team members," said head coach Roy Rana. Raekwon McMillan Jersey . The German has taken the pole for three straight races -- winning the first two. Hes aiming for a third consecutive win at the Yeongam circuit and, most importantly, a fourth consecutive F1 championship.Before the 2013-14 NCAA season began, CBSSports.com listed Syracuse point guard and Toronto native Tyler Ennis at 69 on its "Top 100 Players in college hoops." Michigan guard and fellow Canadian Nik Stauskas was one ahead at 68. With 42 days before the NBA Draft in New York City, two of three analysts of the same website have Ennis getting selected in the top 10, while all three have Stauskas going in the 10-14 range. "Ive played against some of the best players in the world and Ive played against some of the best players in my class," Ennis said at the NBA Combine, which began Thursday. "I just have the confidence and I know how hard I work and I know my abilities." Played is the operative word in that sentence. For as much as the 19-year-old Ennis and 20-year-old Stauskas did to get noticed on the court, they both understand to fulfill their NBA dreams theyll have to impress potential employers off the court just as much. "People know how I play and I think the main thing for teams is to get to know me and know if they are going to draft me, what theyre going to deal with," Ennis said. "They want to see, as a nineteen-year-old coming out of college, if youre able to lead grown men in the NBA and I think they are able to get a feel for that in the interviews." The process is something all players have to go through and Stauskas is doing his best to combat the expected nerves. "The main thing for me is to just try to be myself and let teams know what kind of person I am and how I grew up and how I got to this situation right here," the Mississauga native said. Stauskass upbringing could serve him well when talking to NBA clubs. His family originally hails from the basketball-mad Lithuania. "t;Im a good person, really hard-working, and I come from a great family. Cordrea Tankersley Youth Jersey. I think thats important for people to know and I just want them to know that Im not doing this because I want money or anything like that," he said. "Obviously, the moneys great, but Im really doing this just because I love the game of basketball. This is whats made me happy since I was seven or eight-years-old. I feel like if teams really get that vibe from me, theyre going like that." Both Stauskas and Ennis sat out the first day of the combine. Each player was officially measured - height, weight and wingspan - but neither participated in any of the on-court drills. "Before the combine started, knowing what the drills were going to be, I felt a lot of it was just jump-shooting," Stauskas said. "Obviously, thats the strongest part of my game and I feel that teams already know I can shoot the ball, so coming in, I felt that even if I had a great day shooting the ball, it wasnt really going to do much for me because teams already know thats my strength." Both Canadians, however, will participate in physical testing and the aforementioned team meetings. And although the footage of their abilities is likely endless at this point, both players say there will be a few surprises awaiting any and all who will be watching. "Im not the one dunking all the time but Im able to jump pretty high and Im a lot faster than people think," Ennis said. "Going through the combine I think my numbers will show that its more surprising than people expect. "I dont think people realize I can jump the way I do or run the way I do," Stauskas echoed, "so Im really looking forward to tomorrow, getting in there and working." Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '