and use that for motivation to just get me through | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
zgr123 Jun 2 '17
KANSAS CITY, Mo. Christian Fischer Coyotes Jersey Authentic . - Texans quarterback Gary Kubiak felt an overwhelming sense of empathy for Raiders quarterback Terrelle Pryor when he watched video of him against the Kansas City Chiefs defence last weekend. If Pryor turned one direction, he ran into Tamba Hali. Turn the other, Justin Houston was on top of him. Try to step up in the pocket and Derrick Johnson was waiting. Pryor was sacked 10 times in a 24-7 victory that kept the Chiefs unbeaten. "When you get 10 in one game, its kind of hard to say, We have to block that guy," said Kubiak, who is trying to come up with a plan to slow down that pass rush on Sunday. "Andy Reids got such a quality team thing going on right now," Kubiak said, "and thats what good teams do. Production comes from everywhere, not one or two places. You can see the energy theyre feeding off of, and the way theyre playing, pretty impressive." Just how impressive? Record-setting. The Chiefs second-best single-game total left them with 31 sacks from 10 different players through their first six games, putting them on pace for 82 1/2 sacks by the end of the regular season. That would not only shatter the club mark of 60 set in 1990, but the NFL record of 72 set by the 84 Bears. The sack became an official stat recorded by the league in 1982. Houston leads the Chiefs with 9 1/2 sacks — his career-best of 10 was set just last year — and is tied with the Colts Robert Mathis for the most in the NFL. Hali is fourth with 7 1/2 sacks. It was Hali who terrorized Pryor last weekend. He had 3 1/2 sacks to just one for teammate Houston, winning what has turned into a weekly battle. "Justin could have gone out there and had a heck of a game," Hali said, "but we knew about this quarterback and his scrambling ability to our left, his right, which allowed me to come off the edge and let me buy some time to get there. "Our chemistry," Hali said, "we definitely understand what we want to get done." After all, Hali has been getting it done for quite a while. He has 70 sacks since his rookie season of 2006, three shy of Art Still for third on the franchise list. The only players to have more in a Chiefs uniform were Derrick Thomas (126.5) and Neil Smith (86.5), two of the stalwarts on that 1990 team that bullied quarterbacks in a similar fashion. His play last season wasnt nearly at the same level, though, at least statistically speaking, and that begs the question: What has changed this season? Most of the pass-rush pieces on what has emerged as the NFLs stingiest defence were already in place when a new coaching staff arrived. The credit belongs to defensive co-ordinator Bob Sutton, who has been dialing up aggressive game plans ever since a season-opening win over Jacksonville. "Bob Sutton does a tremendous job along with his assistants of making everybody be aware that its not just going to be outside linebackers," Hali said. "Were all going to put pressure on the quarterback. They do a great job with us, and we all just go out there and execute." The result is a sack rate of 12.1 per cent — in other words, better than one in every 10 plays that an opposing offence runs results in its quarterback lying on his back. "Were doing our job and having our fun doing it. We know they cant double both sides at once," Houston said. "Its really just a feel, we play off each other." All the pressure that Hali and Houston create from the edges has freed up other guys to get in on the fun. Johnson had two sacks against Oakland, defensive tackle Dontari Poe has been all over opposing quarterbacks, and even safety Eric Berry is been in on the pressure. "Weve got players like Justin and Tamba that are willing to do anything to help us win," Berry said. "Those guys are so unselfish. They put it on the line every week. I think that speaks a lot to the character of our defence." Notes: Chiefs TE Anthony Fasano (sprained ankle) returned to practice after missing his last four games. "Weve done everything we could rehab-wise to get it there," he said. "Its not 100 per cent, but it feels pretty good." ... S Kendrick Lewis (sprained ankle) was the only player held out of practice Wednesday. Shane Doan Coyotes Jersey . DeGrom outpitched Jake Peavy in a tantalizing hitless duel that carried into the seventh inning Saturday night before the New York Mets broke loose and beat the San Francisco Giants 4-2. Mike Smith Coyotes Jersey . The third baseman whipped the ball across the diamond to second baseman Aaron Hill. He quickly tossed it to shortstop Chris Owings, who flipped over his shoulder to left fielder Cody Ross.VANCOUVER -- Maelle Ricker is confident shell be able to defend her womens snowboard cross gold medal at the Sochi Winter Olympics. The 35-year-old from West Vancouver, B.C., broke her wrist in training Jan. 28 and required surgery to repair the compound fracture. "Ive been training everyday, Ive been doing physio everyday. My arm is getting better and better, its getting more range and getting the swelling out," Ricker said during a conference call Wednesday. "Everybodys done such an amazing job just as a team, as a whole support network to get me out the door and get me on the plane Saturday to get me over to Russia." Snowboard cross involves four athletes racing down a course at the same time, often jockeying for position. Rickers accident happened when she lost her balance during a training run on the X Games course in Vail, Colo. "It was in a section that Ive ridden dozens of times previous to that run. It was nothing new or surprising. I didnt control my speed as I should have," said Ricker, who won gold at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics. "I did the exact opposite of what youre supposed to do -- I put my arm out to break the fall and unfortunately it broke me." Despite having a bone sticking of the side of her arm that "was crazy looking" less than three weeks before she was scheduled to compete in Sochi, Ricker said she was never concerned about her ability to participate. "I wasnt worried about that because I had so much support and reassurance right away that I was getting the absolute best medical care on the planet," she said. "I definitely felt that support and reassurance right away." Ricker said she wont get back on her snowboard until she reaches Sochi. She expects there to be some pain when she competes, mainly at the top of the course when she pulls herself out of the start gate. She said some of the exercises shes been doing since the injuury involve simulating a snowboard cross start using bungee cords and pulleys. Lawson Crouse Coyotes Jersey Authentic. "I think its going to be better than maybe what I think, based just on my progress the last few days," said Ricker. "Everything is moving so much better than what I would ever imagine a week (post-operation) from breaking an arm. "I think its going to go quite well. Im really positive about this." Ricker and her fellow womens snowboard cross competitors will get their first look at the Sochi course Feb. 12, with the initial training session scheduled for two days later. The race is scheduled to go Feb. 16. Ricker has fought through injuries before -- including a crash right before the Vancouver Games as well as a concussion this past December -- and expects to be able to do the same in Sochi. "Id be lying if I said it wouldnt be in the back of my mind," she said. "Im hoping everything will go as a usual competition and thats where I spend a lot of time visualizing and thinking about the race and technically what Im doing on the board. Usually that overpowers any pain or anything else thats going on." Ricker made her Olympic debut in 1998 on Canadas halfpipe team at Nagano, Japan. She returned to the Games in 2006 at Turin, Italy, with the snowboard cross team but crashed and had to be airlifted to hospital. She returned in 2010 to win gold and it sounds like shes equally motivated this time around. "It sounds crazy, but its helped me," said Ricker of the injury. "This is almost like there was this burning fire, desire. Its almost like somebody doused a bunch of gasoline on the fire so Im pretty ready to go. I can feel the adrenaline and I can feel the excitement of going over to Russia. "Im actually just going to use that as a positive and use that for motivation to just get me through these couple of weeks and hopefully have the race of my life." Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys AuthenticWholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '