jeopardy when these aggressive fouls are allowed to | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
zgr123 Jun 3 '17
Leading up to SportsCentres Year In Review on Christmas Eve, TSN and TSN. Adidas Ultra Boost 3.0 .ca look back at each of the Top 10 stories of 2013. Today, we look back at one of the most shocking sports stories in recent years - Olympic sprinter Oscar Pistorious being charged with murder. Oscar Pistorius was one of the feel-good figures of 2012. The Blade Runner became the first amputee runner to compete at an Olympic Games and carried the South African flag at the closing ceremony in London. His competitors sought his bib after they finished racing him and Pistorius embodied the type of anythings possible spirit that the Olympics cling to as a good will event. That all changed on Valentines Day of 2013, when word came out of South Africa that Pistorius had been charged with the murder of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp. The shocking details of the incident would come to light in early reports as well as a bail hearing that started five days later. Pistoriuss defence argued that the then-26-year-old got up in the middle of the night to confront what he believed to be an intruder in his Pretoria home. The sprinter got up and fired four shots through his locked bathroom door, hitting Steenkamp three times and killing her. After a change in investigators (due to pending attempted murder charges against officer Hilton Botha himself), the prosecution appealed for bail, painting Pistorius as a man of means who could flee South Africa. The verdict came down on February 22: Pistorius was granted bail with Magistrate Desmond Nair stating, "The issue before me is whether this accused, being who is and the assets he has (here), would seek to duck and dive all over the world." "I cannot find that he is a flight risk," he would conclude, leaving Pistorius free from jail time in the months leading up to his March 2014 trial. Pistorius would return to the track in June, resuming training in what his agent Peet van Zyl described as a "very emotional" and "bittersweet" experience. Buy Adidas Originals Trainers .Brothers B.J. and Justin Upton each homered and had an outfield assist, and the Braves held on for a 4-2 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies on Saturday night. Adidas Running Trainers Sale . Petersburg of the KHL. Belov was a free agent last summer when he signed a one-year contract with the Oilers. In 57 games this season he had one goal and six assists with 34 penalty minutes in Edmonton.Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn.ca. Mr. Fraser, In the PIT/NYR Round 2 series, there have been two separate occasions where Marc Staal has taken blatant shots to the head of Pittsburghs Sidney Crosby. In Game 3, Staal hit Crosby with a viscous crosscheck to the back of the head. I was shocked that a penalty wasnt even called on the ice! The league then came out the following day and said that no punishment would be handed down for the hit. The following night, in Game 4, Staal again went after Crosbys head. This time it was a blatant elbow. Again, it was from behind, to the back of the head, nearly knocking the helmet off Crosbys head. Again, there was no call on the ice, and no action taken by the league. Can you explain to me how the league and officials, in this era of "no tolerance" for hits to the head, can allow this kind of thing to go on? How can there be no call on the ice? Obviously, since there was no action for the league, or penalty called, in Game 3, Staal figured he was cleared to do it again in Game 4. I mean, if the NHL doesnt care about the well-being of its marquee players, why should Staal? Thanks for listening. Any light you can shed on this subject would be great! John Waclo John: The cross-check that Marc Staal delivered on Sidney Crosby was well beyond just a minor infraction (Video link) and worthy of at least a five-minute major and game misconduct. This aggressive cross-check delivered to the head area could not be considered an effort by a defensive player to contain, engage in a battle in battle or to clear an opponent from the front of the net. The blow did not start at the name plate on the back of the jersey and thhen rode up to the neck and back of the helmet. Adidas Originals Zx 700 Trainers. This forceful, full-arm extension cross-check went directly to the back of the neck/head of Crosby and should be considered an attempt to injure and worthy of a match penalty under rule 59.4. For the sake of argument lets reverse the body position of Crosby where he and Staal are face-to-face. If that same force is delivered to the neck and chin of Sid he will most likely be spitting blood, chicklets and perhaps even incur another broken jaw. I would sincerely hope that a match penalty would be assessed in that case and a player would be suspended for cross-checking an opponent in the face! I see a deliberate and forceful cross-check to the back of a players neck and head to be similarly dangerous regardless of the fact it was delivered on a player with a well-documented history of concussions.  If you want to see an "old school" hit take a look at the major and game misconduct I assessed to Darian Hatcher in a game in Dallas just prior to the playoffs, when he delivered an elbow to the face of Jeremy Roenick. Roenicks jaw was dislocated, broken in three places and he had eight teeth cracked or broken. Roenick approached me on the ice spitting blood and teeth with his jaw wagging in the breeze as he attempted to say, "He broke my f----n jaw!" Hatcher was suspended for seven games (including the Stars first five playoff games) by Colin Campbell for the illegal hit. See it here. John, you ask how these types of plays can be missed. The answer is there are too many "puck watchers" wearing stripes in these playoffs. Player safety is placed in jeopardy when these aggressive fouls are allowed to go un-penalized. This isnt "old school" officiating; just a lack of awareness. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '