trials) before this and my morale was down. So to | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
zgr123 Jun 7 '17
PHILADELPHIA - Jimmy Rollins, Wil Nieves and the Phillies picked up Sunday right where they left off the night before. Rasul Douglas Jersey . Rollins and Nieves opened the first inning with back-to-back homers and Philadelphia went deep four times in all to back Cliff Lee in an 8-3 victory over the Cincinnati Reds. Cody Asche and Marlon Byrd also homered for the Phillies, who broke out of their offensive doldrums with a 12-1 rout Saturday night. Lee (4-4) pitched effectively into the seventh inning for his first home victory of the season. Devin Mesoraco had a career-high four hits for Cincinnati, including two doubles and an RBI. The Reds again played without slugger Joey Votto, who remained in Cincinnati during the three-game series with a left knee injury. Philadelphias offence busted loose for a second straight day. Despite playing in hitter-friendly Citizens Bank Park, the Phillies entered Sunday second-to-last in the NL in home runs with 27. But they were riding the confidence of homering twice while scoring a dozen runs in Saturdays victory, which snapped streaks of four straight losses and 23 consecutive scoreless innings. "Todays game was a momentum game and a build off (of Saturday)," Philadelphia manager Ryne Sandberg said. "It was a carry-over game on the offensive side." Cincinnati starter Tony Cingrani (2-3) returned from the disabled list and gave up three home runs in six innings. After the Reds went up 2-0 in the first on Brandon Phillips RBI groundout and Mesoracos run-scoring double, Rollins hit his 46th career leadoff homer. Nieves followed with a shot to left that tied the game. It was the fifth time the Phillies began a game with consecutive homers, the last coming on Sept. 9, 2004, at Atlanta when Rollins and Placido Polanco accomplished the feat. Chase Utleys fifth-inning groundout scored Lee and put Philadelphia ahead for good. Byrd opened the sixth with a homer to right to push the lead to 4-2. That was enough offence for Lee, who had received very little support at home this season. He entered 0-3 in four home starts despite a 1.55 ERA. Lee gave up two runs and nine hits in 6 2-3 innings with three strikeouts and a walk. He was happy to get some runs for a change. "Its definitely easier to pitch with a lead," Lee said. "Its easier to attack the strike zone, and you can use a little more of the plate and not worry so much if you give up a solo home run or whatever. Its not going to hurt you as bad. If its a close game or a low-scoring game, every pitch is important. Not that its not with a lead, but theres definitely more room for error and you can get away with more mistakes." Without Votto, who remained in Cincinnati for treatment during the series for a distal quadriceps strain in his left knee, and slugger Jay Bruce (knee), who went on the disabled list May 6, the Reds were without two key pieces that might have helped in a comeback bid. "The elephant in the room is the fact we have Votto and Bruce unavailable," Reds manager Bryan Price said. "Those are pretty essential pieces. That being said, we do have players getting an opportunity to play and do some things. I was very, very optimistic going into todays game that we were going to do some really good things offensively. We got some things started but we werent able to finish." Price said there is no timetable for Vottos return and wasnt sure whether the four-time All-Star and 2010 NL MVP would make the trip to Washington, where Cincinnati begins a three-game series Monday night. The Phillies took two of three from the Reds and improved to 7-0-1 in home series against Cincinnati since 2006. Byrd upped his team-leading RBI total to 24 with a run-scoring single in the seventh. Asche followed him and broke the game open with a three-run homer to right off Manny Parra that gave Philadelphia an 8-2 lead. "I think good at-bats are contagious, up and down the lineup. You saw that the last two days," Asche said. Cingrani allowed four runs and seven hits while striking out seven and walking three. Cingrani, who hadnt pitched since April 30 because of left shoulder tendinitis, had given up three homers all season in 32 1-3 innings before Sunday. "I felt pretty good today," Cingrani said. "Everything was coming out well. I was spotting it pretty much all day." NOTES: The Phillies improved to 11-3 in Saturday and Sunday games. They are 8-19 during the week. ... To make room for Cingrani, the Reds optioned catcher Tucker Barnhart to Triple-A Louisville. ... Reds RHP Mike Leake (2-3, 3.09 ERA) opposes Nationals RHP Stephen Strasburg (3-3, 3.48) on Monday. ... After a day off Monday, the Phillies travel to Miami for three games against the Marlins, with Philadelphia RHP A.J. Burnett (2-3, 3.13) facing Marlins RHP Anthony DeSclafani (1-0, 3.00) on Tuesday. ... Phillies CF Ben Revere was available to pinch-hit. Revere missed games Friday and Saturday due to a stomach virus. Rasul Douglas Womens Jersey . - Titans quarterback Jake Locker will miss the rest of the season with a Lisfranc injury to his right foot, leaving Tennessee trying to rally with Ryan Fitzpatrick. Donnel Pumphrey Eagles Jersey . Although the deal cannot be made official until the free agent moratorium period is lifted on July 10, Patterson has agreed to a three-year, $18 million extension to remain in Toronto, sources confirm to TSN.MARKINA, Spain -- Alberto Contador won the Tour of Basque Country for a third time on Saturday, confirming the Spaniards strong return to form with his second title of the year as he prepares for the Tour de France. The Tinkoff-Saxo cyclist defended the lead he established on the opening day during the races sixth and final stage, an individual time trial in which he finished second behind winner Tony Martin. After going a year without a multistage race title, Contador has now won the Tour of Basque Country and last months Tirreno-Adriatico, along with runner-up finishes at the Tour of Algarve and the Volta a Catalunya. The five-time Grand Tour winner previously had won this race in northern Spain in 2008 and 2009. He took control of this edition, the 54th, during the first stage when he broke away from Alejandro Valverde on an uphill climb. "Of course when you win, it boosts your confidence but you still have to keep working,," Contador said. Donnel Pumphrey Womens Jersey. "It couldnt have gone better for me at the start of this season. I hope to be 100 per cent for the Tour (de France)." Michal Kwiatkowski of Poland finished the race in second place, 49 seconds behind Contador. Jean-Christophe Peraud of France completed the podium, 1:04 behind Contador. Valverde entered the day in second place at only 12 seconds behind Contador, but the Movistar cyclist fell to fifth in the final standings, 1:07 back. Martin, the three-time world time trial champion, won the 26-kilometre (16-mile) leg around Markina in 38 minutes, 33 seconds to claim his second stage win of this years race after also winning the second leg. "It feels good," said the Omega Pharma-Quick Step rider. "I lost some (time trials) before this and my morale was down. So to come in here and win a stage and the (time trial) is really good for me and for my team." Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys ChinaCheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '