future.When I see Azeem on TV, | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
corse178 Okt 19 '18
CORAL GABLES, Fla. Michael Fulmer Jersey . -- First-half foul trouble prevented Ebuka Izundu from contributing to his teammates dominant run.Izundu more than did his share in the second half as he scored all 14 of his team-high points to lead Miami to a 92-43 win over Western Carolina in the season opener for both teams on Friday night.All my teammates told me to keep my head in the game, said Izundu, who committed two offensive fouls 30 seconds into the game and sat out the rest of the half. That what I did, try to help my team win.Izundu shot 5 of 5 from the field in his first start for the Hurricanes after a reserve role during his freshman season.The Hurricanes started with an 18-4 spurt and maintained the double-digit lead the rest of the game, the first between both teams. Davon Reed keyed Miamis early run with a 3-pointer and a dunk.Right from the start we showed a lot of focus, intensity, team work, helping each other defensively, Miami coach Jim Larranaga said. At the offensive end, we shared the ball.JaQuan Newton, Kamari Murphy and Dewan Huell finished with 13 points each for Miami. Murphy scored 11 points in the first half and also finished with eight rebounds.Defensively we were great and we shared the ball, Murphy said. Thats the way basketball should be played.D.J. Vasiljevics 3-pointer with 58 seconds remaining in the half gave Miami a 41-18 lead. Vasiljevic was the Hurricanes fifth double scorer with 11 points.Three Western Carolina starters sat most of the first half because of foul trouble. Marc Gosselin committed four fouls in eight minutes and Devin Peterson and Charlendez Brooks had three each.Deriece Parks and Onno Steger scored 10 points each for the Catamounts.We were very outmanned to be honest with you, Western Carolina coach Larry Hunter said. I thought their length early on and speed of the game first seven-eight minutes we werent ready for that. First game jitters -- our execution wasnt very good and they took advantage of that.HIGHLIGHT REEL: Huell, the Hurricanes highly-regarded freshman, scored his first college points on a slam dunk 3:08 into the game. Huell followed the dunk with a three-point play midway through the first half.HOMECOMING DEBUT: Catamounts freshman guard Maurice Smith, of neighboring Lauderdale Lakes, played 14 minutes in the second half. Smith was scoreless and had two assists.BIG PICTURE:Miami: The early signing period rewarded the Hurricanes with two players ranked in the top 100, according to recruiting services. Miamis early signees and members of the 2017-18 freshman class are 5-foot-7 guard Chris Lykes, of Gonzaga College High in Bowie, Md., Deng Gak, a 6-foot-11 forward from Blair Academy in Blairstown, New Jersey.Western Carolina: The Catamounts are 3-31 against ACC teams. Their last victory against a team from a Power Five conference was in 2001, when they defeated Florida State, 79-69. The Catamounts defeated then Big East-member Louisville in 2009.UP NEXT:Miami: the Hurricanes make their first road trip of the season Wednesday at North Florida. Miami is 3-0 in the all-time series against the Ospreys with the three victories at home.Western Carolina: the Catamounts open their 2016-17 home schedule against Hiwassee on Sunday afternoon. Western Carolina plays eight of its first 10 on the road. Shane Greene Jersey . The 28-year-old from Calgary matched his career best after missing just one shot in his two rounds of shooting in the mens 10-kilometre sprint competition. Smith finished in 23 minutes 15. Nick Castellanos Jersey . That left plenty of energy for pitching books and swatting away free agency questions. Anthony had 24 points and nine rebounds, and the Knicks avenged an embarrassing home loss with a rout of their own, beating the Boston Celtics 114-88 on Wednesday night for their third straight victory. http://www.tigersgearshop.com/Tigers-Kirk-Gibson-Kids-Jersey/ . -- Timbers coach Caleb Porter didnt stray from his business-like approach to the season even after Portland downed the two-time defending league champion Los Angeles Galaxy to gain crucial playoff position. SEATTLE -- Already the starting middle linebacker for the No. 4 team in the country, Azeem Victor is trying to do more.Victors goals go beyond what hes doing on the field for Washington and what hes doing in getting his education. In Victors case, doing more means being philanthropic and starting a foundation while hes still a college student and football player, in the hopes of keeping kids from making some of the mistakes he made that nearly cost him a chance at college.I always wanted to do something to give back ... for kids, Victor said. Pretty much to give back, spread life and spread growth and keep the kids safe.So while Victor has been steadily improving as one of the top linebackers in the Pac-12, hes also been creating the Azeem Dream Foundation. His target audience is middle school-age kids, hoping to reach out and influence them before habits can get formed -- like the ones that nearly kept Victor from finding his way to college.Its an ambitious project for a college student to tackle and one still in its infancy. But with help from his grandmother and Washingtons compliance office, Victor has created a base for trying to make a difference.It took a long time. It was a long process, Victor said. Did a lot of research and my grandma is the CEO of her own business so she pretty much taught me the whole way. She laid out a map for me and I just knew what I wanted to do with it.Victors cause is important to him because of how close he was to missing out on college. It wasnt until his final two years of high school that Victor -- a native of Compton, California -- realized he needed to change if his football potential was to lead to a college opportunity. That included online classes and tutoring in order to meet the requirements for being a qualified college applicant.His goal with the foundation is to make sure those sixth, seventh and eighth graders have the supplies they need, and know what resources are available so they dont to scramble like he did in high school.He said, `I want to catch kids who are young enough to shift their thinking. Because, when they get to be 10th and 11th graders, they think they know it all. Miguel Cabrera Jersey. . They think theyre good enough to go to any college because theyre so good on the field. But I need to catch them early, said Chiquita Bell, Victors grandmother.On the field, Victor is one of the top linebackers in the Pac-12. At 6-foot-2, 230 pounds, hes a prototypical inside linebacker and is rated as one of the top NFL prospects whether he decides to enter the draft after his junior season or play out his final year with the Huskies. Two weeks ago, he earned Pac-12 and national defensive player of the week awards after recording 16 tackles in the Huskies win over Utah, but he didnt earn team defensive player of the game honors because of an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.Its not something you can just talk about and they get. Its like everything: You work through it and youre trying to improve on that, Washington coach Chris Petersen said. Some guys, just how theyre wired, its going to be more challenging than others. So I do think he pays much closer attention to it, and I think were making progress, but those are critical situations.Victor had to work extensively with Washingtons compliance office to make sure no NCAA rules were being violated in creating the structure of the foundation. There was communication with both the Pac-12 and NCAA compliance liaisons to vet Victors intentions and any fundraisers must be cleared through the Washington compliance staff.Bell handles many of the logistics, especially during football season. But Bell always makes time on Saturdays -- and the occasional weekday -- to make sure she can see her grandson play. Usually she wants to be alone to watch his games because she cant help but remember what Victor overcame to get to this point and what he hopes to help kids avoid in the future.When I see Azeem on TV, the first thing I do is I say, `Wheres my tissue box? Bell said. I keep saying this, but they kept saying we couldnt do it. Look at this miracle running around that field. Look at him.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org Cheap Soccer Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Hockey Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys China Wholesale Baseball Jerseys China Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Near Me Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic MLB Jerseys ChinaCheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Throwback Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '