the Olympics have come to South America. | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
wzh123 Okt 25 '18
HOMESTEAD, Fla. Adam Humphries Jersey . -- Richard Petty and Jimmie Johnson could soon a share a spot in NASCARs championship record book.The racing greats dont share much of a friendship.Petty, NASCARs career leader with 200 wins, has yet to speak to Johnson since the Hendrick Motorsports star earned a spot in the season finale with a championship berth on the line. Johnson would match Petty and Dale Earnhardt with seven Cup championships should be best Carl Edwards, Joey Logano and Kyle Busch in Sundays race at Homestead-Miami Speedway.The King knew the year would come when he would have to share his championship throne.Petty said he wasnt openly rooting for a driver he barely knows to match his championship mark.I aint got a dog in this fight, you know what I mean, Petty said Saturday. Probably from the PR standpoint, it would be great if he could win it. Because then every time they say something about him, theyre going to say something about me and Earnhardt.Petty said he doesnt have much of a relationship with Johnson and they havent talked to each other since the Hendrick Motorsports star clinched his championship spot with a win at Martinsville.Jimmie is just another one out there, Petty said inside his motorhome. Weve never really socialized at all. Ive been at a bunch of meetings and places with him. Probably all weve ever done is say hello to each other.Johnson made his Sprint Cup debut in 2001 and won championships from 2006-2010 and a sixth in 2013. Earnhardt won championships in 1980 and went back-to-back in 1986-1987, 1990-1991 and 1993-1994. Pettys championships came in 1964, 1967, 1971, 1972, 1974, 1975 and 1979.I was the first one to climb the mountain, Petty said.Petty and Earnhardt won their championships when NASCAR decided a champion under a season-long points system. Johnson won his in the 10-race Chase for the Sprint championship playoff era. Johnson tries for No. 7 in the third season of the Chase elimination format.Theres no way to compare with what Ive done, or what Earnhardts done or what Jimmies doing against each other, Petty said.Petty, whose 27 victories in 1967 still stand as a single-season record, has remained a fixture in NASCAR with his ownership stake in Richard Petty Motorsports. He turns 80 next year and remains a familiar sight at racetracks in feathered cowboy hats, dark glasses and cowboy boots.Its been good PR for me because this time last year, no one said, `Richard Petty won seven championships, he said. We wouldnt even be mentioned. Its brought us back into the forefront. A lot of the fans, old fans, new fans, never really think about that part. Now, theyve brought it into focus.Johnson had his eye on seven since he won his sixth championship in 2013. Only 41, a motivated Johnson has more shots at seven, eight, even more titles.It would be a massive honor to join Petty and Earnhardt, he said.Petty will congratulate Johnson after the race should he tie the record. Maybe then, the seven-time champs will have more of a chance to catch up.Ive been busy answering questions about Jimmie, Petty said, so I havent had a chance to talk with him.---More AP auto racing: www.racing.ap.org Alex Cappa Jersey .C. -- Glenn Howard needed an extra end to move into the Masters Grand Slam of Curling final. Wholesale Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys . Numbers Game examines the deal that sees Michael Del Zotto and Kevin Klein switch places. The Predators Get: D Michael Del Zotto. http:///...-griffin-jersey-sale . -- Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson asked his players a simple question during Fridays morning shootaround: How many of them had ever been on a team 14 games over . Former South Carolina tennis student-athlete Ricardo Acioly has played and coached in the Olympics. Recently, he helped carry on the great tradition of running with the Olympic torch in his home country, and now the Brazilian native is excited to share the Olympic experience in a new capacity, as a spectator and a father.In every Olympics, the torch tours around the host country before it gets lit up in the stadium at the opening ceremonies, Acioly said. A few people get a chance to carry the torch, and since I have a history in the Olympics as a player and a coach, and because of what Ive done in my tennis career and what Im doing now with my coaching career and my involvement in sports, I was honored to get a go at this. So I was pretty happy, and pretty honored. Its not something that happens every day.When you are carrying the Olympic torch, you are the only person in the world doing that. I thought that was quite cool to be able to do that and knowing what it means.Acioly played doubles for Brazil in the 1988 Summer Olympics in Seoul, Korea, and was later a coach for Brazil at the 2000 Olympics in Sydney, Australia.One of my best memories (as an athlete) is of the opening ceremony, Acioly recalled. It was really, really neat to be there with everyone. At that time, we didnt have all the communications like we have now with email and mobile phones. Being in front of the whole world at that time was unreal. The atmosphere was something I had never felt before. Walking in with the other athletes and representing my country was very special. That experience is something I will cherish my whole life.The experience in Sydney was also amazing. It was a little different because I was outside of the court. In Sydney, the team stayed in houses as part of the Olympic Village. Our house was quite successful because we got three medals from the athletes that stayed in the house. We had two judo guys winning a couple of silver medals. The womens basketball team won the bronze medal, and their coaching staff was together in the same house. We were bragging a lot about our house.Acioly enjoyed participating from both perspectives. He also enjoyed watching a lot of other events during his Olympic experiences.I watched track and field, Acioly said. When the whole Ben Johnson story happened, I was there. I saw volleyball and basketball. You try to see the sports that you like a lot, or you end up meeting the other athletes and you get a feel for what they do, so you want to watch.After a standout playing career for the Gamecocks from 1983-1985, Acioly is a well-recognized figure in the tennis community in his home country. He founded the R3A Sports Management company, continues to coach young players at a couple of tennis schools near his home in Rio de Janeiro, and he is the director of the ATP 500 event, which is the largest tennis tournament of its kind in South America. Bryan Anger Jersey. Among the many young players he has coached includes current Gamecock womens tennis sophomore student-athlete Ingrid Gamarra Martins, who earned SEC All-Freshman Team honors last year.Its great to be so involved in tennis, Acioly said. There were quite a few schools interested in Ingrid since she was 12 to 15 years old. I saw her grow up. She is doing quite well. I came back to visit South Carolina a few years ago. I had a chance to meet (womens tennis head coach) Kevin Epley at that time, and I already knew (mens tennis coach) Josh Goffi. The way they are running their programs is a lot like what we do and where our players want to go. Theyre very professional. Thats why I thought it was a good fit for Ingrid.Acioly and teammate Richard Ashby led the Gamecocks with 22 doubles wins in 1984, and although an injury curtailed some of his playing career, he has many good memories of his time as a Gamecock.I had some misfortune while I was there because I tore a ligament in my knee, Acioly said. But I enjoyed being able to represent Carolina all over the U.S. I embraced the college scene. The whole atmosphere of being a student-athlete and being involved with other athletes from other sports was also pretty cool.Acioly noted that his time at South Carolina helped him prepare for his life after college.It helped me grow as a sportsman and as a person, Acioly said. That was key for my development on the court and off the court.Now that the Olympics have come to his home country, Acioly is proud to be able to witness the games with his nine-year-old son and 11-year-old daughter.I have tickets to go somewhere every day, Acioly laughed. Obviously I will go see the tennis. Im going to see basketball. Im going to see volleyball and beach volleyball. Brazil has a good chance to get some medals there. I want to see some of the radical BMX biking. I want my kids to see some neat stuff like that. Gymnastics, too. Obviously well see track and field as well. I want them to catch some spirit. The Olympic spirit is so great.It is something I will never forget for my whole life. Its the first time that the Olympics have come to South America. Normally, all of the athletes from Brazil have to travel abroad to compete in the big arenas. Now the big arenas are here. That is something that probably wont happen again for a long time. Cheap Soccer Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Hockey Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys China Wholesale Baseball Jerseys China Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Near Me Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic MLB Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Throwback Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '