he has played at Wrigley Field. He is | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
love520 Okt 30 '18
Mississippi State has found some confidence and a starting quarterback going into its game against No. Pavol Demitra Jersey . 20 LSU.The Bulldogs convincing 27-14 victory over South Carolina last weekend -- which included a 24-0 halftime lead -- was just what Mississippi State needed one week after a stunning home loss to South Alabama. And the emergence of quarterback Nick Fitzgerald should give Mississippi State some stability under center when the Bulldogs (1-1, 1-0 Southeastern Conference) travel to face LSU (1-1, 0-0) on Saturday.The 6-foot-5, 230-pound sophomore set a school-record for a quarterback with 195 yards rushing and also completed 19 of 29 passes for 178 yards, two touchdowns and an interception against the Gamecocks.Its the kind of performance the Bulldogs desperately needed after the embarrassing South Alabama loss. In that game, Fitzgerald started, but struggled during the first two series and was quickly replaced by Damian Williams.Against South Carolina, no replacement was needed.Its been my dream since I was six, to be an SEC quarterback and win an SEC football game, Fitzgerald said after Saturdays game. I finally made my six-year-old self proud.Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen has said Fitzgerald is a capable runner, but the 195 yards on the ground was still a stunner. Mullen said the best part of the performance was Fitzgerald wasnt trying to do much -- he was simply taking what the defense was giving.It wasnt like he was making dynamic runs and making seven people miss, Mullen said. He made good reads and the line blocked well. If you execute well, I think you can see that he will have success.Hopefully, he just looks at the things he did well and continues to do those things well.Now Mississippi States focus turns to LSU. The Tigers have dominated the series over the past few decades -- winning 22 of 24 meetings since 1992 -- but Mississippi State had a breakthrough 34-29 win over LSU in Baton Rouge in 2014.That win was largely thanks to the heroics of quarterback Dak Prescott, who is in the NFL with the Dallas Cowboys. Now its up to Fitzgerald to lead the Bulldogs into Death Valley.Mullen said that Fitzgerald is like a lot of young players -- learning to deal with the ups and downs of playing in a college football game. He hopes the South Carolina win is a good indication that Fitzgerald is a quick learner.Im sure he will make some mistakes on Saturday night down at LSU, but hopefully the mistakes he makes, he corrects, he fixes and plays with confidence, Mullen said. You are going to make mistakes but lets respond from it and come back and not make the same mistake again.---Follow David Brandt on Twitter: www.twitter.com/davidbrandtAP---AP College Football website: www.collegefootball.ap.org Wayne Gretzky Jersey . Newcastle dominated in the early stages but City weathered the storm and then raised its game in extra time. Negredo broke the deadlock from close range after a simple move in the 99th minute before Dzeko took the ball round goalkeeper Tim Krul to seal the victory in the 105th. Tage Thompson Jersey . Cuban testified Thursday that he was upset when the companys CEO told him news that would reduce the value of his shares, for which hed paid $7.5 million. But he said he did nothing improper when he sold those shares over the next two days. http:///...ajarvi-blues-jersey/ . The mixed zone is not a place to make friends. CHICAGO -- The winning rally lacked a signature hit, and that was just fine with the Chicago Cubs. To them, Wednesdays comeback was a testament to the teams collective resolve.Matt Szczur scored on A.J. Ramos wild pitch in the bottom of the ninth inning, capping a three-run rally that gave the Cubs a 5-4 victory and a three-game sweep of the Miami Marlins.Chicago tied it when Ramos (1-1) walked Ben Zobrist with the bases loaded and two outs.I think weve got a good group, Cubs starter John Lackey said. A group that keeps fighting.Chicago manager Joe Maddon also credited those among the Wrigley Field crowd of 41,147 who stayed until the end.They had so much energy, Maddon said. It was a long day and it was hot out there and we have to get on the road. All those different mental factors, and our fans picked us up.It was Ramos second blown save in 33 chances this season.Miguel Montero started the rally with a leadoff double and went to third on a single by Javier Baez. Szczur was pinch-hitting when he drew a walk from Ramos that loaded the bases. Dexter Fowler made it 3-2 with a sacrifice fly, and all the runners advanced.Kris Bryant struck out looking on a 3-2 pitch for the second out, and Anthony Rizzo was intentionally walked to load the bases again. The strategy backfired when Ramos, who threw just 13 strikes in 35 pitches, walked Zobrist and then unloaded a game-ending wild pitch with Willson Contreras at the plate.My job was to get Zobrist out there and I just didnt execute, Ramos said. I was trying to go for the strikeout or get some weak contact. But I couldnt get it in the zone where I wanted to.It was just one of those days, I guess.Zobrists teammates credited him for resisting the temptation to go out of the zone for a walk-off hit.With Zobrist, hes not going to swing (just) to swing, Montero said. (Ramos) was nibbling.Chicago cut it to 4-2 in the eighth when Fowler scored on Fernando Rodneys wild pitch.Jeff Mathis hit a two-runn homer for Miami. Luke Opilka Jersey. Christian Yelich also connected and drove in two runs. Tom Koehler tossed six strong innings to help the Marlins take a 4-1 lead heading to the bottom of the eighth.Mathis drive snapped a 1-all tie in the seventh and was just the second of the season for the backup catcher.Justin Grimm (1-0) pitched the ninth inning for the win. Chicago has won seven of eight after slumping early last month.Koehler gave up five hits and one run while striking out seven.Lackey allowed seven hits and three runs in seven innings while striking out eight.GREAT EXPECTATIONSWith the Cubs surging again, Lackey was asked what fair expectations are for this season. Fair expectations? Were trying to win the World Series, he said. I didnt come here for a haircut. I came here for jewelry.FRIENDLY CONFINESYelich, who was 3 for 4, has hit safely in all 12 career games he has played at Wrigley Field. He is 21 for 51 in those games for a .412 batting average.ICHIRO UPDATEIchiro Suzuki lined out softly to shortstop as a pinch-hitter in the seventh against Lackey. Suzuki remained at 2,998 career hits, two shy of becoming the 30th player to reach 3,000.TRAINERS ROOMMarlins: 1B Justin Bour, out since July 3 with a right ankle sprain, is expected to return Friday at Colorado.Cubs: RHP Jason Hammel was placed on the bereavement list and Grimm was recalled from Triple-A Iowa. Hammel is expected to make his next scheduled start on Tuesday.UP NEXTMarlins: Following a day off, RHP David Phelps (5-5, 2.65 ERA) makes his first start of the season Friday in the opener of a three-game series at Colorado. LHP Jorge De La Rosa (7-7, 5.51) goes for the Rockies.Cubs: They are off Thursday before opening a three-game series at Oakland on Friday. LHP Jon Lester (11-4, 2.95 ERA) faces LHP Dillon Overton (1-2, 9.33) in the opener. Cheap Soccer Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Hockey Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys ChinaWholesale Baseball Jerseys China Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Near Me Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys AuthenticMLB Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Throwback Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '