isfied with the fine. "What are you going to do?" he sai | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
zgr123 Mai 9 '17
RIO DE JANEIRO, Brazil -- FIFA has acknowledged being embarrassed by a security lapse that let ticketless Chile fans rampage into the Maracana Stadium. Oakland Athletics Trevor Plouffe Jersey . Fences have been breached by fans at both World Cup matches staged at the countrys biggest and most prestigious stadium which hosts the final on July 13. "It is embarrassing," FIFA director of security Ralf Mutschke said Thursday, one day after 88 ticketless Chile fans broke into the sold-out venue ahead of their teams 2-0 win against Spain. Mutschke said security operations at the World Cup must "improve in order that this will not happen again." Brazilian authorities said the fans were detained after smashing their way through a perimeter wire fence into the stadium media centre. Fans stampeded through the media working area, knocking down partition walls while trying to gain access to the pitch area. They were detained by some of the 1,000-plus private security officers on match duty. "We have to protect the media, theres no doubt about it -- we also have to protect the (other) fans," Mutschke said at a news briefing to address the incident. Chiles consul general in Rio, Samuel Ossa, told reporters that the fans will be arrested if they do not leave Brazil within 72 hours and would likely have to spend time in jail while Brazilian authorities go through a process to deport them. The total number of those detained and released was 90 because a Bolivian and a Colombian were with the group of Chileans, he said. "Theyre getting off easy," Ossa said. "They were not criminals. They are people who overstepped their passion and made a mistake and have to pay for it." But the president of Chiles football federation -- which could be disciplined by FIFA over the incident -- said the Chileans fans who invaded the stadium could face sanctions after they get home. "The large majority of Chilean fans show excellent, exemplary behaviour that was marred by ... so-called fans," Sergio Jadue said Thursday at the teams training camp near Belo Horizonte. "We dont want these kinds of people at our fields." Four days earlier, at least 10 Argentina fans were detained in Rio after jumping fences to try to see their team play last Sunday in another sold-out match against Bosnia-Herzegovina. Chilean fan Luis Galvez said his group of friends without tickets got past four security lines until being stopped outside the stadium. "There were a lot of rumours going around that it was easy to get in," said Galvez, a 29-year-old physical therapist. He described the break-in as an embarrassment. "Its one thing to try and get in without a ticket and quite another to get in a fight with security and start destroying things," he said. FIFA and the local organizing committee plan to announce improved security measures Friday. "Operational procedures are being reassessed and definitely you will see a difference in the next event," Hilario Medeiros, security manager for Brazilian organizers, said through a translator. The Maracana hosts Belgium vs. Russia on Sunday, the third of seven matches there. Security issues have been an issue at other World Cup venues, with stadium staff failing to arrive for work in Brasilia last Sunday and on Tuesday in Fortaleza, where Brazil played Mexico. Medeiros said the Maracana was fully staffed Wednesday with 1,037 security workers. "We knew that this was a high risk operation," Medeiros said. Mutschke said other aspects of the security plan worked well at the airport-style security checks. "There was a lot of butterfly knives seized by mag and bag. There was tables full of pyrotechnics and firecrackers," Mutschke said. "The stewards did a good job despite the incident." Marcus Semien Athletics Jersey .J. -- Having Ondrej Pavelec earn his 100th NHL win and seeing Mark Scheifele and Evander Kane break goal droughts were nice highlights for the Winnipeg Jets. Oakland Athletics Matt Joyce Jersey .C. -- After a listless first half, the Washington Wizards used a big third quarter run to beat the Charlotte Bobcats Bradley Beal scored 21 points and the Wizards used a 17-0 run in the third quarter to take control of what had been a close game and beat the Bobcats 97-83 on Tuesday night.NEW YORK -- Boston Bruins forward Shawn Thornton said Sunday he wont contest a fine of more than $2,800 for squirting water from the bench at Montreal Canadiens defenceman P.K. Subban in the final minute of Game 5 of the Eastern Conference semifinals. "I obviously got caught up in the moment," Thornton said on an offday at the TD Garden. "Im sorry that this silly incident kind of overshadowed how my teammates played and the great win and how good this series has been. "Theres definitely more important things that we can focus on." The Bruins were leading the Canadiens 4-2 in the final minutes Saturday night when Subban skated past the Boston bench with the puck. Thornton squirted water at the Montreal defenceman, hitting him in the face shield. Angered, Subban approached the bench and exchanged words with Thornton. He then went to complain to the referee. "Somebody sprayed water on my visor at the end of the game. I couldnt see out of half of it," Subban said after the game, acknowledging the incident, while annoying, did not affect the outcome. "I dont wwant it to be bulletin board material. Rollie Fingers Athletics Jersey. " Boston held on to win the game 4-2 and take a 3-2 lead in the best-of-seven series. The Bruins need a victory Monday night in Montreal to eliminate the Canadiens and avoid a decisive seventh game in Boston on Wednesday. The fine of $2,820.52 is the maximum allowed under the leagues collective bargaining agreement with the union. The money goes to the players emergency assistance fund. Bruins coach Claude Julien said he didnt approve of Thorntons behaviour and let him know. "As a coach, you always want to support your players but theres certain things you cant support," Julien said Sunday. "I dont think I can support Shawn on those actions. "To me, I dont think we like seeing our players do that. Now whether he got caught up in the game or whatever, to me hes got to own up to it." At the Canadiens training centre in Brossard, Que., coach Michel Therrien seemed satisfied with the fine. "What are you going to do?" he said with a shrug. "Thats not something we appreciate, thats for sure." Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '