e Rhode Islanders were hurt by the 38 Studios deal. | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
corse178 Aug 26 '17
TORONTO -- Josh Johnson didnt need to think too hard about how to describe his performance Monday. Markelle Fultz 76ers Jersey . "I was pitiful," said the Toronto Blue Jays right-hander. "Its the only way I could put it." It was difficult to disagree. The Blue Jays losing skid hit five games after they made five errors in their 14-5 loss to the Los Angeles Dodgers, who were led by catcher A.J. Elliss career-best five RBIs. Johnson (1-6) allowed seven hits and five runs in two-plus innings to drop his fourth consecutive decision. "I didnt even battle them," Johnson said. "Everything was in the middle of the plate. So theres nothing else I can do but take it. Yeah, that was a pretty poor performance." Ellis had four hits including a two-run homer as the Dodgers extended their winning streak to four games. "Hes been pretty good all year, really," Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said. "For me, hes just consistent. He gives you good at-bats all the time. Its not always hits but youre always going to get a quality at-bat from A.J. Hes a guy who knows what hes doing up there." Skip Schumaker also drove in three runs with a home run for the Dodgers (51-47) while the Blue Jays (45-53) were outhit only 16-13. South Korean left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu (8-3) allowed four runs in 5 1/3 innings to pick up his second win in his past three starts. Cheered on by a large contingent of fans in the stands along the right-field line, he gave up nine hits and two walks while striking out three. "That was definitely more than I expected here in Toronto," Ryu said of his cheering section. "I was very appreciative of that, it was a big help for me." Blue Jays manager John Gibbons was less appreciative and more selective in his words. "I probably cant say it right there," he said. "It wasnt a very good game. We got whipped all the way around. Josh, they took it to him. Even our bullpen tonight everybody gave a little up. We were sloppy defensively, it was just a crappy game, it really was." Andre Ethier doubled with one out in the second and A.J. Ellis hit his fifth homer of the season to give the Dodgers a 2-0 lead. Johnson hit Juan Uribe with a pitch with two out and Mark Ellis singled. Carl Crawford singled in a run and Ellis took third on a throwing error by centre-fielder Colby Rasmus. Yasiel Puig singled in the fourth run. The Dodgers chased Johnson in the third. Ethier led off with a double and scored on a single by A.J. Ellis to make the score 5-0. A wild pitch and a catchers interference put runners at first and second with none out before left-hander Aaron Loup replaced Johnson. Johnson was at a loss to explain what has gone wrong for him this season as his earned-run average sits at 5.66. "I dont know," he said. "The ball is in the middle of the plate and its pretty easy to see why they hit it all over the place. One day itll be really good and then the next day it will be back to square one. Its been really inconsistent. I dont know. "Sometimes I feel like I make a pretty good pitch -- not today -- but in past games I make a pretty good pitch and all of a sudden you get base hits, bloopers fall and balls get through. But today I didnt make a good pitch." Gibbons said theres no plans to change the rotation, and that Johnson isnt going anywhere. "What Ive seen of Josh hes just scattering too much," Gibbons said. "Hes inconsistent in the zone making his pitches. He has a tendency to yank it to his glove side where he gets in trouble. You feel for the guy because hes competing but it just hasnt happened. Its not for a lack of effort but basically it comes down to locating the ball and hes had trouble doing that." The Blue Jays tried to get back into the game. They scored twice in the third started by Edwin Encarnacions two-out infield single. Adam Lind walked and Melky Cabrera singled in a run. Mark DeRosa had an RBI single to right when Schumaker could not hold his sinking drive to cut the lead to 5-2. The Dodgers scored once in the fourth. Adrian Gonzalez led off with a walk, took third on a single by Hanley Ramirez and came home when Ethier grounded into a double play. The Dodgers added four in the sixth against Dustin McGowan and Brett Cecil. After a walk and the second error of the game by Lind, A.J. Ellis picked up his fourth RBI of the game with a single. Uribes groundout to shortstop scored another run. Mark Ellis hit a sacrifice fly and Crawford had an RBI single to make the score 10-2. The Blue Jays scored twice in the sixth. After two singles, a fielders choice grounder by Brett Lawrie of Langley, B.C., scored one. A wild pitch by reliever Jose Dominguez scored the other. The Dodgers scored four against reliever Steve Delabar in the seventh, three on Schumakers first homer of the season that followed a single by A.J. Ellis that gave him his fifth RBI. "RBIs are a product of guys getting on base in front of me and I had three guys who I felt like were on base every time I came up with Adrian, Hanley and Andre," Ellis said. The Blue Jays scored once in the eighth on DeRosas double and Rasmus single. NOTES: Attendance at Rogers Centre was 34,515. ... Blue Jays left-hander J.A. Happ (right knee sprain) is scheduled to pitch at triple-A Buffalo on Tuesday on his rehabilitation assignment. ...In 148 games career games against the Blue Jays, Mattingly had a .324 batting average, third behind the .325 he hit against Oakland and Texas. ..In eight career starts against the Dodgers, Johnson has a 6.69 earned-run average. ... Toronto sends out RHP Todd Redmond (1-1, 4.32 ERA) against L.A. LHP Chris Capuano (3-6, 4.63 ERA) in Tuesdays second game of the series. Youth Markelle Fultz Jersey . The Islanders dealt Thomas Vanek to the Montreal Canadiens after less than a year on Long Island. Meanwhile, the Oilers dealt long-time sniper Ales hemsky to the Ottawa Senators on Wednesday for a fifth-round pick in 2014 and a third-rounder in 2015. Swingman Markelle Fultz Jersey .com) - Christian Ponder will get another chance to prove himself for the Minnesota Vikings, with head coach Leslie Frazier announcing Wednesday that the struggling quarterback will start this weekends game against the Green Bay Packers.http://www.markellefultzjersey.com/?tag=cheap-joel-embiid-jersey . McPhee said that Ovechkins father Mikhail is in stable condition after having the surgery this week and is no longer in intensive care. "Weve told him to stay as long as necessary with your dad," he said. Ovechkin and his Russian national team were eliminated from the mens hockey tournament in Sochi on Wednesday with a 3-1 quarter-final loss to Finland. PROVIDENCE, R.I. -- Former Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling announced plans on Tuesday to run against Elizabeth Warren in the U.S. Senate if his wife agrees, but he declined to apologize to Rhode Island taxpayers left on the hook for tens of millions of dollars when his video game company collapsed.Schilling spoke Tuesday with WPRO-AM, his first interview about 38 Studios since settling a lawsuit over it and since a criminal investigation resulted in no charges.Democratic Gov. Gina Raimondo has said Rhode Island residents were hurt by the bad deal and deserve an apology.Schilling said its not that he wont apologize, but he wants Raimondo to tell him what he should apologize for. He asked listeners: What do you want me to apologize for?The company moved from Massachusetts to Rhode Island in 2010 in exchange for a $75 million loan guarantee, then went bankrupt less than two years later.Schilling said his company failed because it didnt raise enough money, not because he did anything malicious or illegal, and that he has apologized to his former employees.I couldnt raise the final tranche of money and get the product to launch and that will never be anyones fault but mine, he said.But Schilling also faulted politicians for giving him a loan guarantee in the first place.If I was the governor, I would have never even offered this deal, Schilling said. The government doesnt belong in private business. But Im on the other side of this. My job and responsibility is to my company and to my employees and I was doing everything I could do, within my legal means, to make that be a success.Schilling took questions from callers in the wide-ranging, three-hour interrview. Markelle Fultz Washington Jersey. He also said he had decided to run against Warren, a Massachusetts Democrat, in 2018, but that he must clear it with his wife.Ive made my decision, Im going to run, he said. But I have to talk to Shonda, my wife, and ultimately its going to come down to how her and I feel this would affect our marriage and our kids.Schilling took issue with Warren opposing a November ballot question aimed at dramatically expanding the number of charter schools in Massachusetts. He said hes not scared to debate her, noting that the Red Sox defeated the Cleveland Indians when he was a player.Ive beaten the real ones before so Im not worried about that, the self-described conservative and Donald Trump supporter said, an apparent reference to Warrens claims of Native American heritage.Earlier this year Schilling was fired from his job as an ESPN baseball analyst after comments on Facebook critical of transgender rights. He now has an online radio show.A judge recently approved a settlement with Schilling and three other 38 Studios officials over the loan deal. The state of Rhode Island sued Schilling and other key players involved.Just one company remains as a defendant, First Southwest, which acted as the states financial adviser. Schilling said he expects to testify at the trial.Raimondo said on Tuesday that shes angry because Rhode Islanders were hurt by the 38 Studios deal. She said it wasnt right that tax dollars vanished on a terrible deal.---Associated Press writer Matt OBrien in Providence contributed to this report. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From ChinaCheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '