may be offensive to some players, club staff or fans, | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
corse178 Aug 28 '17
OXON HILL, Md. Cheap Giants Jerseys China . -- Stephen Strasburgs agent, Scott Boras, said the right-handers latest throwing arm injury should not create any problems in the future.I just go by what the doctors tell me -- Im not a medical practitioner -- but theyre all telling me that Stephen will be fine and this is something ... that just needed a period of time for it to heal, Boras told reporters Wednesday at baseballs winter meetings.They dont foresee anything, Boras added, that would cause him any form of impairment going forward.The 28-year-old Strasburg missed the end of the 2016 season for the NL East champions after hurting his right elbow in early September.Washington initially hoped he would be available for the playoffs, but then ruled him out for the NL Division Series. Even if the Nationals had reached the NL Championship Series -- they lost to the Los Angeles Dodgers in Game 5 of the NLDS -- Strasburg would not have been able to pitch.Asked Tuesday whether he would change anything about the way he manages Strasburg, Nationals skipper Dusty Baker replied: No. I mean, I thought we handled him pretty good this year. Just some things happened. So well see how he is. If theres anything Im curious about, its how he is going into spring training. We have to see how he is, first, before we assess how well handle him. Im hoping that its all subsided.General manager Mike Rizzo said Tuesday: Stephen Strasburgs healthy and preparing for spring training.The No. 1 overall pick in the 2009 amateur draft had Tommy John surgery in August 2011, then was shut down by the Nationals late in 2012 to protect his repaired elbow.This season, he started 13-0 with a 2.51 ERA, and in the midst of that stretch signed a $175 million, seven-year contract that begins next year. He went on the DL with elbow soreness in August after allowing 19 earned runs in 11 2/3 innings over three outings, then left his first start back in the third inning and did not pitch again.Strasburgs final stats for 2016 were 15-4 with a 3.60 ERA and 183 strikeouts in only 147 2/3 innings.Hes in the process of still learning himself and learning his body. And so I just dont want to get too far ahead of myself, Baker said. I get to see all those guys on Friday and tap `em on the stomach and tap `em on the butt. ... They dont know what Im doing. They think Im saying, `Hello. But Im really checking for fat content, to see how much eating they can continue to do over the holidays.Game notes Boras would not offer much information on a hot topic during these winter meetings: The contract status of Nationals RF Bryce Harper, who can become a free agent after the 2018 season. I have not had any discussions with the Nationals on Bryce, other than were going to get around to talking about his arbitration-value contract for the upcoming year, Boras said. But other than that, we havent had any talks. As for the 2015 NL MVPs drop-off in production last season, Boras said: Certainly Bryce played through some nagging injuries. Not anything that was of permanence. And a lot of time, when ... you have a strained muscle, it affects your neck and what youre doing and things. But I dont think Bryce is the kind who wants to come out and talk about excuses. ... Rizzo said SS Danny Espinosa will play for Mexico in the World Baseball Classic. ... Boras said free agent Stephen Drew, who hit .266 in 143 at-bats as a utilityman for Washington this year, is mulling offers that would allow him to have an everyday role next season. Cheap Giants Jerseys . It is a cliché dragged out by fans and pundits regularly when discussions take place around which teams are better than others. Wholesale Giants Jerseys . The 25-year-old Japanese star has officially been posted by his club team, the Rakuten Golden Eagles. http://www.cheapsanfranciscogiantsjerseys.com/ . The 27-year-old Scrivens will be joining his third NHL club since signing with the Toronto Maple Leafs as a free agent in 2010. The move also reunites with him with head coach Dallas Eakins from their time together with the American Hockey Leagues Toronto Marlies. NEW YORK -- That baseball hazing ritual of dressing rookies as Wonder Woman, Hooters Girls and?Dallas Cowboys?cheerleaders is now banned.Major League Baseball created an Anti-Hazing and Anti-Bullying Policy that covers the practice. As part of the sports new labor deal, set to be ratified by both sides Tuesday, the players association agreed to not contest it.The policy, obtained by The Associated Press, prohibits teams from requiring, coercing or encouraging players to engage in activities that include dressing up as women or wearing costumes that may be offensive to individuals based on their race, sex, nationality, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or other characteristic.MLB vice president Paul Mifsud said Monday that the new rules resulted partly in light of social media, which in our view sort of unfortunately publicized a lot of the dressing up of the players ... those kind of things which in our view were insensitive and potentially offensive to a number of groups.Theres lots of pictures of baseball players dressed up as Disney princesses, he said.Or even more outlandish things, often for late-season plane trips:?Bryce Harper as a member of the U.S. Olympic womens gymnastics team,?Mike Trout as Lady Gaga,?Manny Machado in a ballet tutu and?Carlos Correa as Wonder Woman. Those are all out starting next season.Although it hasnt happened, you could sort of see how like someone might even dress up in blackface and say, Oh no, we were just dressing up, Mifsud said. Weve also understood that a number of players have complained about it.Exactly when the annual dress-up day began around the majors isnt clear. Players often consider it a form of bonding, and it has become more and more of a production in recent years.Chase Headley and San Diego Padres newcomers wore the skimpy, shiny orange shorts and tight white tops of Hooters servers for a September 2008 flight from Denver to Washington.Times have changed. There is certain conduct that we have to be conscious of, MLB Players Association general counsel Dave Prouty said. The important thing for us was to recognize there was a policy but to preserve the players rights to challenge the level of discipline and the imposition of discipline.Not all outfits are banned; superheroes such as Batman and Spider-Man are OK. Other past costumes that would be allowed include San Francisco ace Madison Bumgarner as a giant ketchup bottle, Miami slugger Giancarlo Stanton on the U.S. Olympic mens water polo team and?Los Angeles Dodgers?outfielder Yasiel Puig as Gumby.The issue of locker room bullying erupted a few years ago, when an NFL investigation found that?Richie Incognito and two other Miami Dolphins engaged in persistent harassment toward teammate Jonathan Martin.MLB looked at several college anti-hazing policies while developing these new rules, and they are already being criticized by some current and former players.Seriously?! former Red Sox star Kevin Youkilis wrote on Twitter. Had to wear a Hooters outfit going thhrough customs in Toronto and wore it proudly [because] I was in the Show. Cheap Giants Jerseys Authentic. Dodgers pitcher Ross Stripling tweeted a photo of himself and teammates sporting cheerleading uniforms and said he was honored to be one of the last players ever to be dressed up as a woman.Last September, the New York Mets posted photos and video of players going to Starbucks in Philadelphia wearing uniforms from the All-American Girls Professional Baseball League, as portrayed in the 1992 movie A League of Their Own. Several other teams engaged in similar behavior.In 2012, Harper and?Washington Nationals?newcomers wore red leotards in the style of Gabby Douglas and the U.S. womens gymnastics team for a train ride to New York. Veteran Washington pitcher Gio Gonzalez tweeted a photo.In 2007, the?Yankees theme was The Wizard of Oz. Ian Kennedy wore Dorothys ruby red slippers for a flight from New York to Tampa, Florida.Id rather be here dressing up than anywhere else, Kennedy said at the time. It makes you feel like one of the guys.The new policy states a players actual or perceived willingness to participate in prohibited conduct does not excuse the activity from being considered a violation of the policy.Not everyone saw these things as fun. After he was traded to the Mets in 1992, Jeff Kent threw his pimp costume to the floor in the visitors clubhouse in Montreal and demanded that his regular clothes -- which contained the ID he needed to go through customs -- be returned.I paid my rookie dues in Toronto, he said then. I feel I have endured my embarrassments, my punishment. I felt I was being taken advantage of. They wanted to go overboard. I stuck up for myself. I wont be pushed around.Some common rookie rituals are permitted. Last year, the St. Louis Cardinals?and Dodgers made their newcomers walk across the street from Wrigley Field -- in their full uniforms -- to bring back coffee before their games against the?Chicago Cubs.Rookie relievers still might find themselves lugging snacks across the diamond to the bullpen for the veterans. But requiring players to consume alcoholic beverages or any other kind of drug, or requiring the ingestion of an undesirable or unwanted substance (food, drink, concoction) is banned under the new collective bargaining agreement.The policy is in addition to the workplace code of conduct adopted by MLB and the union in 2013, after the office of New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman asked to meet with baseball officials and inquired what rules the sport had in place against bullying with respect to sexual orientation.The purpose of this policy is not to prohibit all traditions regarding rookies or players, the new policy states, but rather to prohibit conduct that may cause players physical anguish or harm, may be offensive to some players, club staff or fans, or are distracting to the operation of the club or MLB. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys' ' '