going to say you have to do this, hes going to look at | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
zgr123 Mai 5 '17
The Toronto Maple Leafs "stumbled on" Connor Brown a few years ago and are pleased with their discovery. Martellus Bennett Patriots Jersey . The Erie Otters captain was named the Ontario Hockey Leagues most outstanding player for 2013-14 on Tuesday. Brown led the league in scoring and set a franchise record with 45 goals and 83 assists in 68 games. Chosen near the bottom of both his OHL and NHL drafts, the 20-year-old Toronto forward has played himself into a strong pro prospect. He was the 251st pick out of 301 players four years ago in the OHL draft. The Leafs chose him in the sixth round, 156th overall, in 2012. His buddy Matt Finn, captain of the Guelph Storm and a fellow Leafs prospect, recently said "With Connor, its always been about proving people wrong." But Brown says his motivation is more about the pursuit of his dream than spite. "I definitely dont think much has come easy, being late picks in both drafts," he acknowledged during a conference call. "Its just more incentive to work hard. "I think I wanted to work hard not to prove people wrong, but I know I needed to work harder to have a shot at signing an NHL contract and having a shot at making the NHL one day." Brown has signed a three-year, entry level contract with the Leafs. He caught their eye in 2011 when scouts went to Erie, Pa., to evaluate Leafs prospect Sondre Olden. "Each time we went down to watch this Maple Leaf pick, wed stumble on Connor Brown," Leafs director of player Jim Hughes said. "Erie was having a difficult year and the scores, the deficits, never changed Connors desire, never changed his moods during the course of the game. "He was always focused and it didnt matter if he was winning 5-1 or losing 5-1, his personality never changed. He always played for the love of the game. He always played with passion. We obviously have big plans for Connor moving forward." Brown led Erie to the best season in its 18-year history with 52 wins and 106 points. The Otters lost this years Western Conference final to Guelph in five games. Brown had eight goals and 10 assists in 14 playoff games. The five-foot-11 170-pound right-winger is currently practising with Torontos American Hockey League team -- the Marlies -- at the MasterCard Centre. He intends to spend most of the summer there building strength and working on his skating skills with former Canadian pairs figure skater Barb Underhill. Hughes says Brown needs time to develop "man-strength." "Come September, I think my game and my physical state, I think Ill be ready to play with better and stronger players," Brown said. Brown is the first Otter to win the OHL scoring title and the second to earn the Red Tilson Trophy as league MVP after Brad Boyes in both 2001 and 2002. The trophy is named in honour of Albert (Red) Tilson, who was a former Oshawa General killed in action during the Second World War. Brown led the league in power-play points with 54 and carried a plus-minus of plus-44 through the regular season. In a poll of Western Conference coaches, he was voted the best in a shootout, second in penalty killing and third in the smartest player category. "Whoever is preparing to play hockey anywhere, will not outwork Connor Brown and his will to prepare," Otters general manager Sherry Bassin said. "Whatever work ethic is necessary, whatever that measurement is, hell do more." Media members vote on the award and Brown was the clear winner with 321 points tabulated from 80 ballots. Oshawa Generals centre Scott Laughton was the runner-up with 120 points and top NHL draft prospect Sam Bennett of the Kingston Frontenacs was third with 68. Previous winners include New York Islanders forward John Tavares (Oshawa, 2007), Nashville Predators defenceman Ryan Ellis (Windsor, 2011) and Florida Panthers defenceman Brian Campbell (Ottawa, 1999). Vincent Trochek, the centre who won the award last year with the Plymouth Whalers, split this past season between the Panthers and their AHL team in San Antonio, Texas. Brown is the OHLs candidate for the Canadian Hockey Leagues player of the year. Hell be up against Sam Reinhart of the Western Hockey Leagues Kootenay Ice and Anthony Mantha of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey Leagues Val-dOr Foreurs. The winner will be announced May 24 during the MasterCard Memorial Cup in London, Ont. Randall Cobb Packers Jersey . Grimes signed a $32 million, four-year contract to remain with Miami. The deal, which includes $16 million guaranteed, rewards Grimes for his recovery from an Achilles tendon injury that forced him to miss almost all of the 2012 season. Sean Davis Steelers Jersey . The seventh-ranked Berdych wants to focus on the ATP Tour after helping the Czechs beat the Netherlands in the first round. Seeking their third straight Davis Cup title, the Czechs will rely again on veteran Radek Stepanek.TORONTO – Among the many stars, fleeting paparazzi and widespread shimmer of the Hollywood scene was sheer anonymity for the former backup goaltender of the Los Angeles Kings. Jonathan Bernier was but a blip on the glitzy California radar, but now in his first season in Toronto, he finds himself squarely in the spotlight. One half of the Leafs standout goaltending tandem, the 25-year-old has raced out to a quick start with the new opportunity, posting a .933 save percentage in his first 10 games. Born 30 minutes outside of Montreal in nearby Laval, Quebec, Bernier knows a thing or two about the intensity and pressures of a furious hockey market. Speaking to the Leaf Report on Thursday afternoon, he detailed his adjustment to life in the spotlight, life with a new team and goalie coach, and starting on a regular basis. What follows is an edited transcript of that conversation. LR: Im wondering what the difference is off the ice in coming to Toronto. Youre coming from a place in L.A. where its not the same intensity as here. Whats that been like, that process of coming to a hockey market per se? BERNIER: Its definitely an adjustment because in L.A., youd be out on the street and no one knows who you are. Even the greatest players, [Anze] Kopitar and Dustin Brown, theyll maybe get recognized once in a while. [But] here, you have a good game, next day you go out for breakfast or whatever and everyones happy for you. People are very respectful and thats the one thing I found right away is theyll come and say congrats or good game, but theyre very respectful and thats a great thing. LR: Did the first time it happened catch you off guard? BERNIER: I heard about it [before I came here]; guys told me about it. And obviously coming from a big city like Montreal as well, I knew how [their players] deal with the fans outside the rink so I was expecting that a little bit. LR: So just going back to L.A., you could go out to dinner and walk down the street and just nothing? BERNIER: Nothing. Id say after the Cup [in 2012], people kind of knew who we were [in the area] where we lived, but if wed go downtown or Hollywood, theres no chance. LR: So whats the strangest thing that someones said to you here? BERNIER: I havent got any good stories yet (laughs). LR: Do you like the change? BERNIER: Yeah, its a good change. I think it keeps you focused on hockey. You dont want to have a bad game because then the next day, youre going to hear about it (laughs). LR: You understand the market in Montreal, how do you think the two are similar? BERNIER: I think theyre very similar. The [cities are] both supporting the team. I think for me though speaking French and being in Montreal, I think itd be a lot harder just because you have two sessions of media pretty much (laughs). LR: When a player comes to this kind of market, what are the adjustments required just to be ready for that kind of stuff? BERNIER: I found there is pressure, but pressure, you put that on yourself. If you dont really focus on whats going on on TV and radio and internet, I dont find [that it adds pressure]. Maybe [thats] because right now were having success – we have a good record – but maybe if it would be the opposite, maybe Id say a differentt thing. Taylor Gabriel Falcons Jersey. But so far I havent found that its that hard. Like I said, you just put pressure on yourself so its all about how much pressure you want to put on you. LR: Well, I would imagine it doesnt really change your focus. Your focus would have to be the same regardless. BERNIER: Yeah, exactly. I think even in L.A., among the guys, we were putting that much pressure on ourselves and the GM and coaches. Its kind of the same way here. We try to stay away from the media pressure and just focus on ourselves and our team and just make sure were ready every game. LR: You told me last week about the focus thats required mentally playing more often. Has it helped? Does it help you be a better goalie when you know youre playing more often? BERNIER: You mean from the pressure? LR: No, just in terms of your preparation in being ready to play. I would imagine in some situations in L.A., its difficult when you go a couple weeks and you havent played and youve got to get back in there and play well. Has it been like you thought it would be? BERNIER: I think its easier mentally just because the reason is youre happy and you dont get off into negative thoughts and things like that. So I think if you stay positive and just keep working hard, then youre having fun. I think as a hockey player or any sport, if youre having fun, usually youll have success. I think that was the thing in L.A.; sometimes I was getting frustrated in not playing. But at the same time, here, its fun. We have a great group of guys, were winning right now and its a big snowball. LR: And I can imagine the worst thing is if you had an off-night and you dont get to start for a while its just got to burn you? BERNIER: Yeah. And thats something that I had to learn my first year is not to worry about the result of the game, more focusing on my game. Because then you start worrying if you dont win, then youre not going to play for another two, three weeks and you have to think about that loss. I think I got better [at that] as the years went along. That was something I was really focusing on was just focusing on myself and not the result. LR: Has there been any adjustment working with a different goalie coach? Has he changed things? BERNIER: No. Rick [St. Croix] is really good. Hell just try to give me some tools, but at the same time, its not something that hes going to say you have to do this. Hes just going to let me know hey if you want to do this in a game or in practice, work on that and if you feel comfortable do it. But the one thing I really like is I think he watched a lot of video and probably heard about my style and he adjusted to that. He knows when I feel comfortable with my depth and things like that. Obviously its still new, but were starting to get a good chemistry between him and I. LR: So is that your depth in the net? BERNIER: That was just an example. It can be how I played the puck, make quicker decisions or things like that. But I can tell that he watched video and saw when I was on my game what I was doing right. LR: And thats what James [Reimer] told me, I remember last year, that Ricks not the kind of guy whos going to say you have to do this, hes going to look at what you do and say we can do this. BERNIER: Exactly. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '
Mitglied
clibin009 Jun 4 '18
clb20180604ugg outlet storeasolo bootsmichael kors outlet storenike outlet storebirkenstock salemichael kors outletadidas storejordan shoes for salebirkenstock outlet onlinephilipp pleinvionic sandalsthe north face jacketslouboutin outletadidas nmd runnernike free 5.0michael kors outlet onlineconverse shoeslebron james shoescanada goose jacketskate spade bagsjimmy choo outletpandora charmsugg outletcanada goose salelouis vuitton outlet onlinetoms outlet storeoakley sunglasses wholesalemichael kors outlet storeadidas campus shoesyeezy boost 350reef sandalscoach outlet store onlinenike air max 97coach outlet onlinecheap air jordansvan cleef and arpels jewelrydr martensdurant shoesmichael kors outlet onlinemichael kors outletair maxsalvatore ferragamomanolo blahnik shoesjohn lobb boot maker shoesmulberry uknike cortez classicmlb jerseys cheapferragamo shoestoms shoesbirkenstock outletnike shoesralph lauren outletcoach outlet onlinecanada goose jacketsmichael kors outlet onlinecanada goose outlet storepandora charms salebirkenstock shoesmcm outlet storecoach outlet onlinepandora outletchch handbagsair maxmichael kors outlet storemichael kors bagsadidas ultra boostcoach outlet onlinecoach factory outlet onlinepandora charms sale clearancemichael kors outlet onlinemoncler outlet onlineair max 1asics outlet storepandora charms outlethermes handbagslouis vuitton factory outletmlb jerseys cheapunomagli shoeskyrie 4cheap jordan shoesmoncler saledooney and bourke handbagstory burch handbagstimberland bootsbirkenstock shoes outletecco shoes for womenralph lauren ukmichael kors handbagssalvatore ferragamo shoesmichael kors canadacoach outlet onlinechristian louboutin shoescoach outletprana clothingmichael kors handbagspandora canadamichael kors canadacolumbia shoescanada goose coatsair foampositecanada goosekate spade handbagsmichael kors canadamichael kors outlet storefred perry polo shirtsadidas stan smithmichael korsralph lauren outlet onlineecco outletkenneth cole shoesvans outlet storediscount oakley sunglassesnike react shoesralph lauren sale clearance ukcoach outlet store onlineray bansralph lauren outlet onlinenike shox shoesralph lauren ukcoach factory outletkeen sandalsmichael kors outlet onlinenba jerseys wholesaleyeezy shoescanada goose salevalentino outletberluti shoespolo outlet onlinenew balance outlet storecheap jordansmont blanc penscheap jordan shoescoach factory outletcoach factory outlet onlinecheap oakley sunglasseshermes bagsadidas sneakerssalomon outletswarovski outletkate spade outletmichael kors outlet storeadidas yeezy shoesnfl jerseystimberland shoesnike huarache shoesnike air max 2018coach canadacoach factory outlet onlineadidas nmd r1pandora charms salepandora charms outletralph lauren outlet onlinekate spade outlet onlinecoach outlet store online clearancemerrell shoescheap ray ban sunglassessupreme shirtspandora charms outletkate spade handbagschristian louboutin shoesair max shoesmichael kors outlet clearancetimberland boots outletadidas yeezy boostcheap air jordanspandora charms salevasque shoesadidas shoesoakey sunglasses outlet storeadidas outlet onlinecanada goosecoach factory outletfitflops saleversace handbagsmlb jerseys wholesaleugg boots womendr martens bootsasics outletcheap jordans free shippingair max axisadidas outletcanada goose salemont blanc pennike outlet storepolo ralph laurenlouboutin shoesfitflops salecoach outlet onlinenike air max 2019hermenspg 2 shoespandora jewelryoakley sunglasses outletprada shoesnike free 3.0fitflops sale clearanceugg bootscoach factory outletchopard watchespandora charmslongchamp outlet storenew balance outletkobe shoesadidas superstarssalvatore ferragamo outletbirkenstock outletpolo ralph lauren outletcoach outlet onlinepandora ringskate spade handbagsadidas yeezy boostpandora charms sale clearancecanada goose jackets ukcoach outlet canadapandora jewelrynike outlet onlinecanada goose jacketsmoncler coatsralph lauren outlet onlinediscount oakley sunglassesmikimoto pearlsair max shoesbirkenstock ukcoach outlet onlineadidas shoestimberland outletysl handbagscoach factory outlet onlinenike air max 90adidas yeezy boost 350clb20180604