e until its set in stone.Biles did concede once Thursday | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
wzh123 Dez 22 '18
LOS ANGELES -- Julius Randle refused to back down from Tyson Chandler, and both big men got technical fouls for trash talking. Cheap Nike Air Max 90 Free Shipping . Moments later, the crowd rose to its feet when Randle got the ball against Chandler on the perimeter in the closing minutes.Instead of forcing a confrontation, Randle fed Jordan Clarkson for a decisive 3-pointer.The Los Angeles Lakers are young and headstrong, but theyre learning all the time.And for just the second time in three years, theyre a winning team.Nick Young scored 22 points, Clarkson added 18 and the Lakers moved above .500 with their third straight victory, 119-108 over the Phoenix Suns on Sunday night.Two days after their stunning upset of Golden State, the Lakers (4-3) held off the Suns down the stretch despite Devin Bookers career-high 39 points. Randle also scored 18 for the Lakers and assisted on that 3 by Clarkson with 1:27 left to seal it.The fact he did what he did was such a winning play on his part, Los Angeles coach Luke Walton said. Unselfish. Its everything we want. Its him using his brain, him being competitive, him fighting for the team.After three seasons of gradually increasing misery, the Lakers are young, fun and improving. Theyre also unbeaten at home, winning three straight games at Staples Center for the first time since April 2013.Were doing things the right way, and were starting to see some success, Randle said. We easily could have given up the lead, but we kept fighting. ... Thats just my game. I dont back down from anybody. Im not afraid of nobody.Other than its season-opening victory last month, Los Angeles hadnt had a winning record since the franchise was 10-9 on Dec. 6, 2013. The three worst seasons in team history followed, but Waltons new Lakers are already injecting optimism into their huge fan base with up-tempo excitement and a quick start to the season.Booker scored 29 in the second half while setting a career high for the second straight game. T.J. Warren had 22 points and Eric Bledsoe added 19 for Phoenix, which started slowly two days after a road game in New Orleans.Theyre a good team in transition, and we knew that coming in, said Booker, who also had seven assists. We had some mental breakdowns, and they took advantage of it.BOOK MAKINGBooker followed up his 38-point game against the Pelicans on Friday with another beauty. After missing nine of his 12 first-half shots, the 20-year-old heated up with a series of high-difficulty buckets while Phoenix trimmed the Lakers lead.Doesnt matter, Booker said. Its another game, especially if we lose. If we get a win, Im more excited about it. Everybody looks good when you win, and thats what were trying to do. Scoring as many points as you want and not making the playoffs isnt a good look.Booker outscored DAngelo Russell, his fellow second-year NBA guard, but Russell had 11 points -- eight in the fourth quarter -- and six assists.UNCLE P DELIVERSYoungs strong game included a four-point play with 4:19 left. Even the Suns have taken notice of the veteran guard, whose Lakers career appeared to be over last summer. We knew Nick has been playing well all season, Phoenix coach Earl Watson said. Hes done a really good job turning his game around.NANCE INJUREDLakers F Larry Nance Jr. has a concussion after a first-quarter tumble. Nance was undercut by P.J. Tucker while they scrambled for a loose ball near midcourt. Nance didnt return, and he must miss Tuesdays game against Dallas as well, according to the NBAs concussion protocol. Nance is a valuable reserve in his second NBA season, averaging 8.2 points and 5.2 rebounds per game.TIP-INSLos Angeles bench outscored the Suns reserves 47-9. ... Timofey Mozgov added 14 points and eight rebounds for the Lakers. ... Lakers fan Travis Milne hit a half-court shot before the fourth quarter to win $35,000. Several Lakers high-fived Milne, who pointed at his forearm in an imitation of Russells famed Ice In My Veins celebration of big shots. Russell didnt see the homage, but was visibly pleased to hear about it after the game.UP NEXTSuns: At Portland on Tuesday.Lakers: Host Dallas on Tuesday. Cheap Nike Air Max 90 Shoes China . The mixed zone is not a place to make friends. Nike Air Max 90 Cheap For Sale . The Swede became the first golfer to win the PGA Tours FedEx Cup and European Tours Race to Dubai in the same season. "It is still taking a little time to sink in what Ive achieved this week as was the case when I won the FedEx Cup but then it just kept getting better and better as the days went on and I am sure this will be the same," he said. http://www.nikeairmax90cheap.com/ .ca! Hi Kerry, Its another day and here we are looking at another dubious hit to the head. In this case Blue Jackets forward Brandon Dubinsky elbowed Saku Koivu in the head about a second after he dished off the puck to a teammate, knocking him unconscious. SAN JOSE, Calif. -- She knows she is constantly described as the rare sure thing in a sport that doesnt usually allow sure things. But after her last workout before the U.S. Olympic womens gymnastics trials begin Friday, Simone Biles wasnt willing to let anyone tell her shes a lock to win this two-day meet or to get to the Rio Summer Olympics. It doesnt matter to her that she has won three consecutive world all-around titles, or that she beat her nearest American rival by 3.9 points at the U.S. national championships two weeks ago.Biles instead smiled Thursday and told a story about a recent dream she had about finally arriving at this, her first Olympic trials.I cried before the start of every single event, Biles said with a laugh. That was my dream. Hopefully that doesnt really happen to me tomorrow.It almost certainly wont.But Biles knows it cant.Biles is only 19, but she is fully aware that as preposterously great as her last three years have been, the Olympics are the only place where she can truly cement her place in history and in the public imagination.If Biles does not go on to dominate as expected and win gold medals next month in Rio -- as many as five golds are possible for her -- it wont matter that she is already closing in on passing three-time Olympian Svetlana Khorkina as the most decorated female gymnast ever, or that longtime gymnastics observers say Biles has already eclipsed two-time Olympian Nadia Comaneci in the discussion about the greatest female gymnast of all time.Comaneci was the sports standard of perfection -- until the 4-foot-9 Biles came along displaying more power and greater degree of difficulty than Comaneci did at the 1976 and 80 Games.I do think of history and [gymnasts who came before] because they all paved the way for us, Biles said, sitting in a directors chair setup at a team press conference after Thursdays workout. If it hadnt been for them, we wouldnt be here doing such strong gymnastics. Were just trying to carry the legacy on.Biles, with the exception of the rare anxiety dream, seems to have found a few ways to chop the pressure bearing down on her into manageable pieces.When asked again and again Thursday about being a prohibitive favorite here, Biles shrugged and said, Its just labels. What does it do for me if I walk around here saying, Im the favorite?Told that her journey toward Olympic fame is a Hollywood story -- shes risen to greatness after being adopted at age 5 by her paternal grandparents because her estranged mom struggled with drugs and alcohol use -- Biles amiably pushed back a little again and said, Well, they [outsiders] turn it that way, but I honestly thought everyone was adopted until I spoke up. People would say to me, Youre adopted? And I would say, Arent you?Biles smiled. And everyone laughed.America has the best womens gymnastics team in the wworld, yet Biles could probably fall twice in the four events -- balance beam, floor, vault and uneven bars -- and still win these trials. Nike Air Max 90 For Sale Cheap. The difficulty and amplitude she packs into her routines is that much higher than anyone elses. Anywhere.Even for a gymnast, she has freakish strength and an amazing ability to pick up new skills. Aimee Boorman, Biles Houston-based coach since Biles was in elementary school, often says Biles has the uncanny ability to know exactly where she is in midair, even when practicing tricks that other gymnasts are afraid to try because they fear gravely injuring themselves. Plenty of heart-to-hearts with Boorman over the years, along with seeing a sports psychologist beginning in 2013, has also helped convince Biles that she doesnt need to listen to conventional thinking or other peoples expectations for her once shes at a competition.Other people do enough thinking for me, she said Thursday with a smile.Gymnasts are all better when they dont think and just do what theyve trained to do, national team coordinator Martha Karolyi agreed with a laugh.And so Biles bounces along, doing things her way. She had a lot of fun throwing out the first pitch at a Houston Astros game on Tuesday by doing a handspring off the mound and then coming up throwing. Team veteran Aly Raisman said here Thursday that she had to move to a different room at the U.S. teams training center, farther away from Biles and Gabby Douglas room, because Biles and Douglas were often laughing so loudly Raisman couldnt sleep. And I can fall asleep sitting right here if I just shut my eyes, Raisman said with a laugh.These Olympic trials are expected to be yet another coronation for Biles. She is expected to be the breakout American star of the Rio Games, along with Katie Ledecky, U.S. swimmings female successor to Michael Phelps. Again, its not something Biles is eager to linger on.But what can you do? she sighs. If I walk around here saying Im the favorite, how does that help me? Nothing is set in stone until its set in stone.Biles did concede once Thursday that she does perform better when she goes out before a mind event, such as the 4-inch-wide balance beam, and tells herself Im the bomb before she begins, instead of dwelling on what might go wrong.Were all a little nervous and jittery right now [about making the Rio team], Biles said, so we all try not to talk about it because its such a touchy subject.We just try to live in the moment.At the moment, Biles is the best gymnast in the world. She might just be the strongest-willed gymnast, too. She actually has convinced herself that shes not a Sure Thing at these Olympic trials or in Rio.Shes had far less luck convincing anyone else. cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '