" Seth spent more time with his dad when the latte | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
wzh123 Dez 25 '18
If history counts for anything, Canberra fans - brace yourselves. Yeezys For Sale Cheap .Sundays NRL clash with cellar-dwellers Newcastle at GIO Stadium marks the seventh time the Raiders have played on the weekend of a federal election in the clubs 34-year history.But of their previous six, theyve lost four.To make matters worse, theyve never been victorious when the Liberal party has been elected.The Knights, meanwhile, smashed Parramatta 54-6 on the weekend Tony Abbott won the 2013 election, with then Eels star Joey Leilua - now a mean Raider - scored a double.But thats where the good news ends for Nathan Browns men, who are on their worst losing streak since 2005 with nine defeats in a row.For the first time this season, Brown has named an unchanged line-up from the one beaten by St George Illawarra last round - including new recruit and former Raiders youngster Mitch Barnett.Veteran Sia Soliola (ribs), fullback Jack Wighton (sternum) and hookers Josh Hodgson and Kurt Baptiste (concussion) are all expected to play for the Raiders, who could move up to fifth on the NRL ladder with a win at home.Theyve won four of their past five matches, including over the Gold Coast last Sunday.Last week was a step in the right direction for our team, said halfback Aidan Sezer.I thought we lifted a few things in our game up a notch and well be looking to improve on that this week.Sezer and five-eighth Blake Austin have been finding form and confidence in recent rounds after an injury-affected start to the season, especially after switching to a more traditional style in the halves against the Titans.The Knights clash is the first of three home games in a row for the Raiders, who have won five of seven meetings in the nations capital this season.Newcastle have only triumphed five times from 23 visits to Canberra.Its going to be cold, its going to be hard, they are a really good team and we havent had the best record, Sione Matautia said.I think we just have to get our heads around its going to be a really cold one.STATS THAT MATTER* The Raiders have only won twice on election weekends from six occasions, in 2010 when Julia Gillard (Labor) was elected and in 1990 when Bob Hawke (Labor) was re-elected.* The past 11 games between these sides at GIO Stadium have been decided by double figures* Canberra have scored the most second-half points of any NRL club this season Real Cheap Yeezys For Sale . The Dane followed up his first European Tour title last weekend with eight birdies and just a single dropped shot on Thursday for a one-stroke advantage over South Africas Allan Versfeld and Portugals Ricardo Santos. Cheap Yeezys Wholesale . Schenn scored the game-winning goal and added two assists to lead the Philadelphia Flyers to a 4-1 win over the Calgary Flames at the Scotiabank Saddledome on Tuesday. http://www.cheapyeezyssale.com/ . -- Los Angeles Lakers guard Jordan Farmar will be out for roughly four weeks after tearing his left hamstring.By chance, Ronald "Popeye" Jones bumped into Joe Sakic in the weight room of the arena in Denver way back when. It shouldnt have been a big deal. After all, Jones Denver Nuggets and Sakics Colorado Avalanche shared the Pepsi Center. Jones, a 6-foot-8 power forward, had more than casual conversation in mind for their first meeting almost 13 years ago, though. He told Sakic, a two-time Stanley Cup winner, that he had two young boys who wanted to play hockey and no clue how to help them. "He looked at me all the way up and into my eyes," Jones said. "He saw how big I was. He said, Hes going to be huge. Make sure he knows how to skate." So Jones signed up his boys, including youngest, Seth, for skating lessons. Sakics small piece of advice turned around one boys direction. Now, its Seths turn to return the favour for an organization. The 18-year-old Jones has grown into one of the top prospects in hockey and is the consensus No. 1 pick in the NHL draft later this month. That pick belongs to the Avalanche — now led by Sakic, the teams former captain who was recently promoted to executive vice-president of hockey operations. "All the goals hes set as a hockey player," Popeye said, "hes been able to accomplish." Hows that for a proud pop? Popeye, Seths mother and other friends and relatives will attend the June 30 draft at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J. Popeye worked last season as an assistant coach with the Brooklyn Nets and lives about 20 minutes from the draft site. Dad was a second-round pick, 41st overall. Seth could be the first black player ever taken No. 1 in the NHL draft. "Im trying to embrace it," Seth said. "Its going to be fun in New Jersey, for sure. I cant wait to share those experiences with my family." It may be a pretty big family reunion in Denver. Jones older brother, Justin, also played hockey and they all got along with Patrick Roys family as they grew up. The Roys and Joneses were close and spent time at each others houses, in fact. And it just so happens that Roy — a former goaltender who also won a Stanley Cup with the Avalanche — was just hired to coach Colorado after the rebuilding franchise missed the playoffs. "Jones is a heck of a player," Roy said. "No matter what the decision for our organization — are we going to keep first overall, are we going to move first overall, whatever were going to do, we know that the team that picks first, second or third are going to get three outstanding players." Jones, Nathan MacKinnon and Jonathan Drouin are expected to go 1-2-3 in the draft. The Florida Panthers hold the second draft pick and the Tampa Bay Lightning are No. 3. Based on talent and need, Jones shouldnt drop past the Avalanche. The 6-foot-4, 206-pound defenceman met with members of the Avalanche scouting team last month before moving on to the NHL draft combine in Toronto. He would become the first American picked No. 1 since Chicagos Patrick Kane in 2007 and seventh overall. In a sport where the majority percentage of players are white, its that slice of history he would make as the first black selected No. 1 — topping Evander Kane, picked fourth 2009 &mdassh; that means so much to both of them. Cheap Yeezys For Sale. "I dont think about it too much," Seth said. "Hopefully, I can encourage young African-Americans to play hockey and try it when theyre at a young age. Its definitely a white-dominated sport. But there are a lot more that are starting to play." Kane, Pittsburghs Jarome Iginla, Philadelphias Wayne Simmonds and Washingtons Joel Ward are among the more prominent black players in the NHL. Ward was the victim of a series of racist tweets during last years playoffs after scoring the winning goal in Game 7 against Boston. During a preseason game last year, a fan threw a banana on the ice at Simmonds. Those are gloomy signs that, unlike the other big three sports, tolerance is a still a problem. "Theres never been one racial thing that happened to him," Popeye said. "I think his teammates always accepted him for Seth Jones the hockey player, the great teammate, the great team player. He never put himself above anybody. Theyve always accepted him for who he was and never looked at race." Theyve been awed looking at his career arc, though. He blossomed when he was still in elementary school and played in Pee Wee tournaments in Quebec City at 10 years old. The tournaments, however, were meant for kids 11 and 12. And he has won three gold medals in international play, including this year at the World Junior Ice Hockey championship. So, hes already seasoned, globally, as a competitor. Jones played two seasons in Toronto and was stopped in arenas each time he watched Seth play. "Theyd say, What are you doing in the hockey rink? Whats your kid doing out here playing hockey," Popeye said. "Why arent you at the gym playing basketball?" Jones, who averaged a modest 7.0 points over an 11-year career, realized early on that getting Seth to follow in his sneakers was a lost cause. Sure, little Seth tagged along with dad to the gym and theyd bond watching the NBA finals together. But those 1-on-1 father-son games in the driveway never caught steam and Seth did not play organized basketball growing up. He simply had no desire, because hockey was his passion. "That was all the motivation that I had," Seth said. With Popeye on the road, Seths mother, Amy, steered her son down the right path from home. "Mom taught me everything from how to be a young man, to a handshake, eye contact, all sorts of things," Seth said. "She just wanted me to be respectful." Seth spent more time with his dad when the latter was an assistant coach for a few seasons in Dallas. Seth broadened his worth ethic by watching how tirelessly players like Dirk Nowitzki, Jason Kidd and Jason Terry prepared for every practice and game all season. "You can tell anyone how to be a pro," Popeye said. "But until they see it with their own eyes, its put a whole new light about what it really takes." Lesson learned. Now its Seths turn to take all hes learned and show a team like Colorado hes ready to make an impact next season. "Its a special category to be put in. Colorado would be special," Seth said, "but at the end of the day, my goal is play in the NHL." That goal is about to be met. cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseyscheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '