against the Padres while limiting them to a .217 average | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
wzh123 Jan 5 '19
The BCCI and the Lodha Committee, instituted by the Supreme Court of India to bring about a series of reforms towards the running of cricket in the country, continue to spar over the Committees recommendations. Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys . The latest episode has the two going back and forth over the legality of freezing elections in state associations.In wake of the Lodha Committee directing the state associations to put elections on hold until further notice, BCCI secretary Ajay Shirke has said the BCCI is not empowered under any law to stop any electoral process which is mandated by any statute.Shirkes email response, following consultation with the boards legal experts, was addressed to Gopal Sankaranarayanan, secretary of the committee, and was forwarded to the member associations concerned.Elections being a democratic process are held by all associations and companies affiliated with the BCCI in terms of the respective enactments governing their constitution, Shirke wrote in a letter, accessed by ESPNcricinfo, on July 29. The elections under respective enactments have to be held from time to time according to the schedule specified in the said enactments failing which the concerned association would render itself liable under law for offences delineated therein.Furthermore, the Lodha Committee recommendations do not empower the BCCI to interfere with statutory and fundamental rights of citizens who are members of such associations.In his reply, Sankaranarayanan, who admitted to being surprised by Shirkes letter, suggested a misunderstanding of the situation on the BCCIs part.The Committee did not direct BCCI to injunct any elections, Sankaranarayanan wrote. The Committee is aware that the BCCI does not have that power. The BCCI was only supposed to convey the committees decision to its members and state committees, regarding which there has been no response. I look forward to a confirmation that the committees decisions (not the BCCIs) have been conveyed to the members and state associations.Sankaranarayanan also brushed aside talks of miscommunication. I dont know where the confusion was, he told ESPNcricinfo. The first mail was abundantly clear that he was asked to convey it to the others. Why does he want to talk about what the BCCIs powers are? BCCI surely has the power to convey.Meanwhile, the Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) and Karnataka State Cricket Association (KSCA), who were slated to hold elections, admitted to a lack of clarity in the situation.CAB secretary Biswarup Dey told ESPNcricinfo that the state body cancelled its election, which was slated to be held on July 31, on the basis of the Supreme Courts verdict and not on the advice of the BCCI. A CAB official, who did not wish to be named, said the BCCI could have communicated sooner.The CAB has already cancelled the election and that was ratified in the [associations] working committee. We have already taken a stand on the basis of the Supreme Courts verdict, so I dont know where exactly we stand, the official said. The BCCI could have sent this clarification within a day or two of the verdict. Since the cancellation has been ratified by the working committee, we cant change it now. And this is vague language [in the letter]. We have to wait [for more clarity].KSCA spokesperson Vinay Mruthyunjaya said a decision on the bodys election would be made only after secretary Brijesh Patel returned from the BCCIs working committee meeting and the special general meeting scheduled to be held during the coming week. The KSCA was originally scheduled to hold its election on August 7, prior to the Lodha directive.The BCCI will convene an emergent working committee meeting in Mumbai on August 2 followed by a special general meeting on August 5 in Delhi to discuss the implementations of the Lodha Committees report. The boards legal committee is also scheduled to meet on August 4 in Delhi. Wholesale MLB Jerseys Authentic . As the crowd erupted, Davis knocked the ball off the glass and back into his hands. With 1:14 to go in overtime, Davis sixth block also became his 17th rebound. That, along with his 32 points -- which tied a career high -- proved too much for Denver to overcome, and the Pelicans held on for their third straight victory, 111-107 on Sunday night. Cheap Baseball Jerseys . Mickelson barely made the cut but had the best round of the day with nine birdies and an eagle coupled with two bogeys to sit two shots behind leader Craig Lee of Scotland. Lee shot a 69 for a 12-under 204 total. "I just love the fact I am in contention and have an opportunity in my first tournament of the year here in Abu Dhabi," Mickelson said. http://www.cheapmlbjerseys.info/ .ca! Hi Kerry, Its another day and here we are looking at another dubious hit to the head. In this case Blue Jackets forward Brandon Dubinsky elbowed Saku Koivu in the head about a second after he dished off the puck to a teammate, knocking him unconscious. LOS ANGELES -- With the All-Star Game coming up next week, Drew Pomeranz made a strong case to pitch in his home ballpark.He tossed two-hit ball over seven innings, Melvin Upton Jr. homered leading off the game and the San Diego Padres beat the Dodgers 6-0 on Thursday night in a rough comeback for Los Angeles starter Hyun-Jin Ryu.Pomeranz (8-7) struck out six and walked two in his third straight start of seven innings with one run or less. The left-hander has 26 strikeouts in his last 27 innings. He helped himself offensively, singling in a run with two outs in the second for a 2-0 lead.I dont know what else Im supposed to do for that, Pomeranz said of a possible All-Star berth in San Diego. I try not to focus on it. My goal is to go out there and do what I did every single time. Seven innings, three starts in a row, thats an improvement for me, and thats what I want to do, be out there in the game longer.The National League is in need of a replacement for injured Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw and Pomeranz deserves the nod, Padres manager Andy Green said.Hes been outstanding. Sometimes the opportunity doesnt present itself. Were hopeful that it does the next couple of days, Green said. Anybody who is tuned into this game, if theyre looking for somebody to replace Kershaw, I think he is clearly the candidate.Ryu (0-1) got a rude welcome back to the major leagues, giving up six runs and eight hits in 4 2/3 innings with four strikeouts and two walks. The South Korean left-hander was reinstated earlier Thursday from the 60-day disabled list to make his first major league start since Sept. 12, 2014. He had shoulder surgery in May 2015, causing him to miss all last season.Overall, I felt really great, Ryu said through a translator. My shoulder felt really great. I didnt see any issues.Ryus struggles extended an unwelcome streak for Dodgers starters, with none of them going seven innings since May 14 except for the now-injured Kershaw.However, just having Ryu back in the rotation was a welcome sight for the Dodgers. Brandon McCarthy recently returned to the rotation and Brett Anderson is soon to follow.He looked very comparable to where he was, Dodgers catcher A.J. Ellis said. Well see the Hyun-Jin of 2013-14 really soon. Hes going to be a huge weapon for us in the second half.Dodgers rookie All-Star Corey Seager went 0 for 4 with two strikeouts, ending his 19-game hitting streak, which was the longest in the National League this season.San Diego won for the fifth time in seven games, rapping out 10 hits.Alexei Ramirezs RBI double extended the Padres lead to 3-0 in the fourth. They tacked on three runs with two outs in the fifth on Yangervis Solartes RBI double and Alex Dickersons first career triple to deep right. Yasiel Puuig misplayed the ball, which went over his head, and then he missed the cutoff man, making it 6-0 and chasing Ryu. Nike MLB Jerseys China. GREAT CATCHDodgers center fielder Trayce Thompson made two nifty catches to rob former Dodger Matt Kemp. He snagged Kemps liner before crashing into the wall in the seventh and then grabbed another long shot from Kemp in the ninth. One batter earlier, Puig made a highlight catch on Wil Myers in deep right. In the first, Puig made a running grab of Solarte over the low wall in right field to end the inning.HIT IT HERESeager has a tall task in the first round of the Home Run Derby during All-Star festivities next week. The rookie takes on Baltimores Mark Trumbo, the top seed and current major league leader with 26 homers. Seager ranks second among major league rookies with 17 homers. Hes flying his family from North Carolina to San Diego to watch.Hes going to be nervous and there are some guys who get shut out, Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said. Theres a lot of pressure. Youre kind of like a man on an island out there.ALL IN THE FAMILYMyers is making the Home Run Derby a family affair. He picked his 19-year-old brother Beau to pitch to him during the contest. Beau just completed his freshman year as a third baseman at Appalachian State.He sent me a couple videos of him throwing BP in the cage, so hopefully hes ready, Wil Myers said. Win or lose it doesnt really matter. Its a cool thing for me and him to go out there and do, and its something that well remember for a long time.DODGERS MOVESLos Angeles recalled RHP Carlos Frias from Triple-A Oklahoma City for his second stint on the active roster this season. He was recalled June 19-21 but didnt appear in a game. The reliever pitched last Sunday for OKC against Nashville, allowing one run and one hit in 1 2/3 innings for his third win of the season. ... They designated OF Will Venable for assignment and will send LHP Luis Avilan to OKC.TRAINERS ROOMPadres: RHP Tyson Ross (shoulder inflammation) had a rehab bullpen session pushed back after twisting an ankle while in his room exercising Wednesday. An X-ray was negative. He is resting the ankle and expected to throw in the next few days. ... 2B Cory Spangenberg (hamstring) and 2B Jemile Weeks (hamstring) are progressing in their rehab in Arizona and expected to begin playing minor league rehab games by the middle of next week.UP NEXTPadres: RHP Andrew Cashner (3-6, 4.42 ERA) makes his second start since being reinstated from the DL.Dodgers: LHP Scott Kazmir (7-3, 4.37) is 1-0 with a 4.37 ERA in four career starts against the Padres while limiting them to a .217 average. Wholesale China Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike Basketball Jerseys Hockey Jerseys China Supply Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Sale Authentic College Jerseys MLB Jerseys China Stitched Soccer Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap Nike Jerseys ' ' '