.Plenty will be at stake Sunday, | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
corse178 Okt 11 '17
Each week, ESPN. Dave Dravecky Jersey .com writer Brett Okamoto provides his take on the hottest topics in the world of mixed martial arts.This week, Okamoto squares off with UFC featherweight Cub Swanson?to debate the latest news and preview Saturdays UFC 201 card. Swanson (22-7), 32, returns to the Octagon on Aug. 6 at UFC Fight Night in Salt Lake City against Tatsuya Kawajiri.1.?Heavyweight Mark Hunt has ripped the UFC for its handling of the Brock Lesnar?drug testing situation. Do you agree with Hunts take?Swanson:?I think he does have a great point. I dont know if I would have necessarily attacked the UFC about it, but I definitely feel like I would want some compensation for what happened to him. Its just not right, the whole scenario of somebody like Brock making that kind of money and then failing his drug test. I think when someone fails a drug test in general, its stupid now as far as the fines. I dont think athletic commissions should get any of that money. I think it should go to the fighter who went in there. Drug testing in this sport is better than what it used to be. I think it could always be better, but Im not sure exactly how. I dont know why, but I dont fully trust USADA [United States Anti-Doping Agency]. Theres big money on the line, and Ive heard people from the boxing community speak negatively about them. I appreciate what theyre trying to do, though. I think guys are scared to do stuff, and the guys who have been caught, its definitely making waves.Okamoto:?All right, so heres what I dont like about Hunts take: He sort of knew what he was getting into. He cant complain about the UFC waiving that four-month testing window for Lesnar now, since he knew that going in and agreed to it. He even spoke about it before the fight, basically saying, Its not right, but Im gonna KO him anyway. If you say that, you just dont have a leg to stand on to complain about it after. The rest of what hes saying? I agree with a lot of it. I dont buy into this idea the UFC knew about Lesnars failed test before July 9. I do believe, however, they could have known the results had they expedited the process of getting them. From conversations Ive had with people in the know, the UFC can accelerate that process, but its expensive. Were talking about UFC 200 -- and an athlete in Lesnar who already wasnt tested the mandatory four months prior to his fight. If youre not ponying up for expedited results in that situation, when are you? In that regard, the UFC let Hunt down, and hes well within his rights to be angry about it.2.?Chael Sonnens two-year drug suspension officially ended July 23. Do you expect him to fight again and, if so, whom should it be against?Swanson:?The problem with Chael is that hes an exciting talker but a boring fighter. So, I dont really care to watch him fight again. I think hes better off as an analyst. I just ... no. He talks a big game, and thats it. I think what has been great about Conor McGregor is that he talks a big game but hes also an exciting fighter -- which Chael fell very short of. So, I dont want to see him fight again.Okamoto:?Nope. Hes never fighting again. He said he retired, guys. Why would he retire if he was going to fight again? ... Just kidding. Of course Sonnen will fight, and Oct. 1 in Portland seems like a soft landing spot, wouldnt you agree? He has been added to USADAs testing pool and very strongly hinted at the comeback everyone knew was coming. So, who does he fight? No. 1 option is Nick Diaz, who is coming off an 18-month suspension in August. That matchup works for both fighters and is clearly outstanding for television ratings. And with the UFC falling into new ownership, with an exclusive television deal set to expire in two years, good television ratings would be a nice way to increase its potential value. Sonnen-Diaz is the way to go.3.?If Tyron Woodley defeats Robbie Lawler for the UFC welterweight championship on Saturday, how does he do it?Swanson:?By keeping a high pace. Everybody seems to be fighting Robbies fight, letting him keep distance and come in and out when he wants to. Youve got to bull him, level change and make him fight completely on defense. Woodley is very capable of doing that; its just a matter of having the confidence to rush right forward, and then be able to do that for five rounds. Tyron looks great in some fights, and others he hasnt looked his best. If he shows up at his best, I could see him winning that fight.Okamoto:?Knockout. Nobody is better in championship rounds than Lawler. If this goes five rounds, Lawler will find a way to win at least three. Woodley needs a finish, and the most likely way he gets it is a knockout. Woodley is a very good wrestler, but I dont think well see him go heavy on takedowns here. Lawler is very, very hard to hold down and posture up on. Woodley doesnt have bad cardio, but hes not a lean, 170-pound track star, either, a la Carlos Condit. He can be aggressive, as Swanson suggests, but he also needs to pace himself. Blowing energy trying to outwrestle Lawler for 25 minutes? I dont see it. I think hell try to be opportunistic on the feet and see if any of Lawlers durability has been compromised by the wars he has been in.4.?With the womens 135-pound division as chaotic as it has ever been, play matchmaker: What fights should the UFC be looking to put together?Swanson:?I couldnt even tell you, with everyone beating everyone. I love that, personally. I think when we have a dominant champion over the years, the division kind of gets stagnant. With things switching over and over, you can really do any matchup you want. The one Id like to see is Ronda [Rousey] fighting Holly [Holm] again. I lost a lot of respect for her, not coming back yet. Youve got to come back after your losses. Look at Holly -- she came back; she has lost twice now; shell be back again, fighting to prove to herself shes as good as she is. I think Ronda needs to do that.Okamoto:?If its up to me: Amanda Nunes-Julianna Pena for the title. Why not? Holm, Miesha Tate and Rousey are all coming off a loss. Valentina Shevchenko just beat Holm, but she also just lost to Nunes back in March. Pena might be young, but shes mean and wont give an inch. Stylistically, thats a fun championship fight. From there, Tate-Cat Zingano II makes sense. First one was close, Tate felt it was stopped early. Tate probably needs some time after UFC 200, but thats a fight with a story behind it. Rousey? What if she were to come back against Shevchenko? Fans would probably jump all over that as a gimme fight, but if theres one thing Ive learned, there are no gimme fights in this division right now -- and after a full year off, you know what? Id be cool with Rousey not jumping immediately back into the fire against the champion (Nunes) or her worst style matchup (Holm). Yeah, Ill allow it. That leaves Holm versus either a midlevel bantamweight to get back in line for the title or, if she wants it, a 140-pound super fight against Cris Cyborg Justino.5.?Looking ahead to UFC 202, who has a greater advantage in the rematch: McGregor, because hes now familiar with 170 pounds, or Nate Diaz, because he has a full training camp this time?Swanson:?I think Nate has the advantage. I know Conor is smart enough to make those adjustments and come in a little more prepared for Nate in general, but I think the biggest factor is Nate not caring. Most guys Conor has fought, he has beat before even getting in there. Thats not the case with Nate. I think Nate will be even more dangerous this time around.Okamoto:?When it comes down to that part of it, I think McGregor benefits slightly more. The knowledge and adjustments hell make for the rematch, I see them as being even greater than what Diaz will gain having a full camp. That does not necessarily mean Im picking McGregor to win. I just think he will go into the rematch with a completely different (better) tactical approach, whereas Diaz will fight similar to how he did the first time, just in better shape with better timing. Both will benefit from actually knowing ahead of time who they are fighting, clearly. But I think McGregor will benefit from it more. He has more he can change. Gaylord Perry Jersey . The CFLs leading rusher kept adding to his gaudy numbers this season and scored the winning touchdown with just over two minutes to play. The New Westminster, B.C., native plowed three yards into the end zone for the last score of a heated, see-saw battle between the two teams with the best records in the CFL. Jeff Samardzija Jersey . Terms of the deal were not immediately available. The 26-year-old finished last season with Clevelands Triple-A affiliate in Columbus after signing with the Indians in August. http://www.sfgiantsapparelsshop.com/juan-marichal-jersey-c-20/ .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. ZAGREB, Croatia -- Juan Martin del Potro again played a leading role as Argentina continued its attempt to win its first Davis Cup, but on Saturday, his presence alone was not enough. Del Potro and doubles partner Leo Mayer lost 7-6 (2), 7-6 (4), 6-3 against Marin Cilic and Ivan Dodig, leaving Croatia one victory away from the title.But Del Potro did not seem frustrated. So far, everything happened the way it was supposed to, he said. Everything could have been worse; lets not forget we will be alive on a Sunday of a Davis Cup final. It will be the fifth time Argentina has reached the final day, and Delpo was present for the last two (2008, 2011).The doubles match was a close encounter -- there were few service breaks and two tiebreakers. Cilic and Dodig made the difference in those two deciding moments to prevail in 2 hours, 42 minutes.?They were better today and remain favorites, but weve got to remain calm and give our best, said Delpo, who will face Cilic in reverse singles Sunday.Del Potro and Cilic are both US Open winners and were among the top entertainers on the ATP Tour in 2016. The Argentine is the last player to beat world No. 1 Andy Murray this season, in a Davis Cup semifinal clash, but prefers to focus on how much things changed for him and his team since the beginning of the year.[Cilic] wont have soo much pressure since they lead 2-1, Del Potro said. Deion Sanders Giants Jersey. They deserve to win the tournament after eliminating the US away and defeating France, but we made it really far after playing the whole year away from home. As for me, most of what I saw of Cilic this year was on TV.Del Potro made an incredible comeback this year after undergoing wrist surgery for the third time. He won silver at the 2016 Rio Olympics and was key in securing a place in the Davis Cup final with the win over Murray.It will be super-tough for me, but I am confident we will all give our best, Delpo said.Cilic does not completely agree. I think we are both in the same position. Davis Cup series are always physically challenging, with long matches in which the mental part plays a key role, and I am ready to face the challenge.If Cilic wins Sunday, Croatia will secure its second Davis Cup after last winning the tournament in 2005. But if Del Potro evens the series, it will force a fifth match between Ivo Karlovic and likely Federico Delbonis, who forced Cilic to five sets in Fridays opener.Plenty will be at stake Sunday, as Team Argentina carries the hope of a nation looking forward to ending a very long drought. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '