d and Gameiro appear somewhat fused.Girouds first a | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
wzh123 Jan 14 '19
LONDON -- Ever since she was a kid, practicing until midnight with her father, Marion Bartoli went about playing tennis her own way. Stitched Jerseys UK . The two-handed strokes for backhands, forehands, even volleys. The hopping in place and practice swings between points, which help her focus. The unusual setup for serves -- no ball-bouncing, arms crossed, right wrist resting on her left thumb before the toss. Whatever works, right? This unique Wimbledon, appropriately enough, produced a unique champion in the ambidextrous Bartoli, the 15th-seeded Frenchwoman who won her first Grand Slam title by beating 23rd-seeded Sabine Lisicki of Germany 6-1, 6-4 Saturday in an error-filled, one-sided final that was far from a classic. "Its always been a part of my personality to be different. I think being just like the other one is kind of boring. I really embrace the fact of being a bit different and doing something that not everyone is," the 28-year-old Bartoli said. "I actually love that part of my game, being able to have something different." She certainly stands alone. This was Bartolis 47th Grand Slam tournament, the most ever played by a woman before earning a championship. She is the only woman in the 45-year Open era to win Wimbledon playing two-fisted shots off both wings (Monica Seles, Bartolis inspiration for that unusual style, collected her nine major titles elsewhere). Until Saturday, it had been more than 1 1/2 years since Bartoli won a tournament at any level. Until these last two weeks, Bartolis record in 2013 was 14-12, and she had failed to make it past the quarterfinals anywhere. Asked how to explain how she went from that sort of mediocre season to winning seven matches in a row at Wimbledon, never dropping a set, Bartoli briefly closed her eyes, then laughed heartily. "Well," Bartoli said, spreading her arms wide, "thats me!" Unlike Lisicki, a first-time major finalist who was admittedly overwhelmed by the occasion and teared up in the second set, Bartoli already had been on this stage, with the same stakes. Back in 2007, Bartoli won only five games during a two-set loss to Venus Williams in the Wimbledon final. "I know how it feels, Sabine," Bartoli said during the on-court trophy ceremony. "And Im sure, believe me, youll be there one more time. I have no doubt about it." Bartoli became the first woman in the Open era to win Wimbledon without facing anyone seeded in the top 10 -- her highest-rated opponent was No. 17 Sloane Stephens of the United States in the quarterfinals. Thats in part because of all of the injuries and surprises, including exits for No. 2 Victoria Azarenka, No. 3 Maria Sharapova, No. 5 Sara Errani, No. 7 Angelique Kerber, No. 9 Caroline Wozniacki and No. 10 Maria Kirilenko by the end of the second round. Lisicki, meanwhile, used her game built for grass -- fast serves, stinging returns, superb court coverage -- to end defending champion and top-seeded Serena Williams 34-match winning streak in the fourth round. Lisicki also eliminated past major champions Francesca Schiavone and Sam Stosur, along with No. 4 Agnieszka Radwanska, last years runner-up. But Lisicki was an entirely different player Sunday, rattled by every little thing, even the walk downstairs from the locker room to Centre Court and the final-afternoon ritual of players carrying bouquets of flowers when they enter the arena. "Everything is a little bit different. Youve been here for two weeks; the feeling, atmosphere, gets different," said Lisicki, who is based in Bradenton, Fla., and marked her rare winners Saturday with yells of "Yes!" or "Come on!" "I felt fine this morning, but its an occasion that you dont get every day," she said. "So its something completely new for me. But I will learn and take away so much from it." When play began under a sunny sky, it was Bartoli who looked jittery, double-faulting twice in a row to drop the opening game. Then it was Lisickis turn to serve, and she returned the favour, double-faulting on break point -- her last serve barely reaching the bottom of the net -- to make it 1-all. From there, Bartoli took over. She won 11 of the next 12 games, doing exactly what her father, a doctor who taught his daughter how to play, used to hope and imagine could happen in such an important match. Standing inside the baseline -- another sign of individuality -- Bartoli got back serves that topped 110 mph. She won the point on 9 of 11 trips to the net. She dictated the flow of baseline exchanges, thinking one or two moves ahead, the way one tries to do in chess, her fathers favourite pastime. "I was doing everything well," Bartoli said. "I was moving well. I was returning well. I mean, I really played a wonderful match." It was not exactly the greatest theatre or a "How To" guide for young players. Bartoli and Lisicki combined for more unforced errors, 39, than winners, 36. They finished with 11 doubles-faults and eight aces. When Lisicki double-faulted twice in one game while getting broken to trail 4-1 in the second set, she covered her face with her racket as her eyes welled. "I was a bit sad that I couldnt perform the way I can," Lisicki said. The sole portion of the match when she did look like someone who entered the day with a 19-4 career record at Wimbledon -- the afternoons lone, brief moment of intrigue and competitive tennis -- came with Lisicki on the precipice of defeat. Facing match points while serving at 15-40 with a scoreline of 6-1, 5-1 in Bartolis favour after only 67 minutes, Lisicki suddenly remembered how to play again. She hit a swinging backhand volley winner to erase one match point, then a 106 mph service winner to take of the next. Another followed shortly, and this time Bartoli put a backhand into the net. At deuce, Lisicki smacked a 115 mph service winner and a 114 mph ace to hold serve for the second time in seven tries. Bartoli, who said she danced to music in the locker room beforehand to stay loose, now was the one who was tight. With the crowd roaring after nearly every point, wanting more match for their money, Lisicki broke to 5-3, then held to 5-4. Lisicki put together third-set comebacks against Williams and Radwanska, but could she really dig herself out of this hefty deficit? No. Bartoli served out the match at love, using that one-of-a-kind serve to close with a 101 mph ace that hit a line and sent chalk dust spraying. "You cant describe that kind of feeling. You cannot put (into) any words what I feel in this moment," Bartoli said. "I cant believe I won Wimbledon this year. Well have to see the pictures, to see the match again on DVD, to ... realize it." So might everyone else. Cheap Jerseys UK Online . After Mondays hard-fought loss, the wait seemed longer than usual. Getting set to go their separate ways for a short Christmas break, the Raptors coach credited his team for their effort on a seemingly impossible three-game road trip, urging them to build on that success when they get back to work at the end of the week. Wholesale Jerseys UK . -- Los Angeles Lakers guard Jordan Farmar will be out for roughly four weeks after tearing his left hamstring. http://www.cheapjerseysauthenticuk.com/ .com) - The game was all punts and field goals before Kodi Whitfields catch. PARIS -- Despite helping France reach the European Championship final, striker Olivier Giroud finds himself once again fighting for his place in the national side.His position has come under serious threat from Kevin Gameiro, and coach Didier Deschamps must choose between them to play alongside Antoine Griezmann in Fridays World Cup qualifier against Sweden.Gameiro appears to be the favorite to start, but Girouds physicality and heading ability could prove useful against a robust Sweden side level with France in Group A.Olivier and Kevin have different styles. Olivier is more of a link player, Kevin is more about speed and making runs, Deschamps said. Both are very effective. I can use one at the start and one can come on during the match, depending on the opposition.Giroud scored three goals at Euro 2016, forging a decent partnership with Griezmann, the competitions top scorer with six. But he has lost his place in the Arsenal side to Chile striker Alexis Sanchez, while Gameiro is thriving at club level alongside Griezmann at Atletico Madrid.Although Giroud started Frances first match in qualifying for the 2018 World Cup, he missed two clear chances in a 0-0 draw at Belarus.Gameiro replaced him in a 4-1 win at home against Bulgaria and a 1-0 win at the Netherlands. He scored twice against Bulgaria, with his second goal set up by Griezmann. Their partnership is progressing well at Atletico, where they have 13 goals between them this season.However, Giroud also has found some form recently for Arsenal.He came off the bench to score twice in quick succession in a 4-1 win at Sunderland and followed that up with a goal in the Champions League. But he was back on the bench again for the match against Tottenham last weekend, with Sanchez starting.Hes not at 100 percent, he knows it and I know it, Deschamps said Thursday. But I know wwhat Olivier can do, and Kevin, too. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys UK. All of this plays a part in my thinking.It is a familiar situation for Giroud.With France, he was often second choice behind Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema, and before facing competition from Sanchez at Arsenal, he was battling Theo Walcott for the center forwards jersey.Thats the story of my career: Ive always had to fight to keep my place, Giroud said in a recent interview with sports daily LEquipe. But I have experience and good matches that speak in my favor.The 30-year-old Giroud has 21 goals in 57 games for France, while the 29-year-old Gameiro has a more modest three in 11. But because Gameiro is playing regularly with Griezmann in a dangerous-looking partnership, Giroud fears that gives his teammate the edge.I would be lying if I said the opposite, Giroud said. But thats not everything. I also showed that I could play well alongside Antoine at the Euro.The muscular striker set up Griezmann for the winning goal in a 2-1 victory over Ireland that sent France through to the quarterfinals at Euro 2016, showing great awareness to cushion a header perfectly into this path for the nippy forward to run onto.The international careers of Giroud and Gameiro appear somewhat fused.Girouds first appearance for France saw him come on as a substitute, replacing Gameiro in a 1-0 win against the United States five years ago.It inadvertently became a transitional moment, with Gameiro drifting out of the France team for five years until his recent return.Im happy for Kevin, because he bust a gut to get back, Giroud said. But that doesnt mean you have to start to question everything that went before. Ive scored 11 goals in my last 15 games with the national team. Wholesale China JerseysWholesale Jerseys Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike Basketball Jerseys Hockey Jerseys China Supply Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Sale Authentic College Jerseys MLB Jerseys China Stitched Soccer Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap Nike Jerseys ' ' '