I am working hard on it. I | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
corse178 Okt 17 '17
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. Air Max Tn . -- When Patrick Chambers looks down at his lineup sheet, he sees more potential and more options than in his five previous seasons at Penn State.Hes spent the last few weeks trying to figure out where they fit and acknowledges that may take a while. But thats a good thing considering they come from the programs two best recruiting classes and a group of solid veterans fresh off their best Big Ten season under Chambers. But that was still just 7-11 and Chambers knows itll take more than a one-man, sometimes two-man offensive show to do any better.By mixing up his lineups early in the season, Chambers hopes to take some of the pressure off of leading returning scorer Shep Garner. Distributing minutes will also be a focus as Chambers is implementing a new gameplan based on speed and maximizing possessions. Penn State was last in the Big Ten with 65.8 points per game last season.We want to score 80 (per game), Chambers said. Were going to press a little bit more. Were going to push it, make or miss, as often as we can. We need 8 to 10 more steals. Weve got to reduce fouls. So everybody understands and has a clear goal of who were going to be, what our identity is.A lot of that identity will be drawn from Garner.The soft-spoken junior is the teams leading returning scorer (14.8) and spent time organizing pickup games with his teammates, trying to be more vocal in the wake of do-it-all forward Brandon Taylors departure. Garner is looking forward to playing in a system where the focus will be on opening him up for more shots. He led Penn State with 75 3-pointers on 205 attempts.I think playing faster, it gets us used to taking what they give us, Garner said. It isnt going to be a bunch of pass the ball around. The quicker we can get down the basketball court and score, the better.OPTIONS FOR SHEP: Freshman Tony Carr is expected to help out at point guard as are Terrence Samuel and Josh Reaves. Its part of Chambers plan to free Garner up to play without the ball and set up his own shot. Chambers believes Garner can use his athleticism to get open the old fashioned way rather than relying on dribble hand-offs and screens to do so.Samuel is an intriguing option. He won a national championship as a freshman at UConn before transferring to Penn State and sitting out last season per NCAA rules.Terrence can bring a toughness that we sorely need. Hes been there. Hes done it, Chambers said.A look at some other storylines heading into the season:PHILLY GUYS: Garner is a Roman Catholic High School graduate and will be joined by three others this season. Carr was the top-rated recruit in the state and will play this season along with two more from the Philadelphia school. Penn States first Top 30 recruiting class also includes guard Nazeer Bostick and forward Lamar Stevens and Joe Hampton, the No. 3 overall recruit from Virginia.MORE FROM MOORE: Penn State will need a big improvement on the glass from its biggest player. Forward Julian Moore was fifth on the team with 102 rebounds last season but will have more chances with Taylor and Jordan Dickerson gone. Chambers said previously the 6-foot-10 junior was caught up with trying to score and has renewed his focus on defense.REAVES BIGGER: After a freshman season that started with back-to-back steals turned into dunks, finished with bumps and bruises with a long battle against mononucleosis sandwiched in between, Reaves experienced plenty of growing pains last year. Named the teams preseason MVP, Reaves spent the offseason growing. He added 20 pounds to better handle the rigors of Big Ten play. His absence was felt when he missed six games with mono. The team went 1-5 without the stingy defender. Nike Tn Sko Dame . With his new coach and six-time Grand Slam singles champion Boris Becker watching him during an official match for the first time, Djokovic appeared tentative early against the Slovakian player, who often appeared content to keep the ball in play. Nike Air Max 97 Og . -- The Missouri Tigers might not have a roster full of superstars. http://www.airforceonedanmark.com/air-max-97/air-max-97-sort.html . LOUIS -- Valtteri Filppula assisted on three of Tampa Bays four goals, and the Lightning beat the St. Prince Masvaure did not enjoy fitness tests until about a week ago. By his own admission, the batting allrounder is carrying a few extra kilograms, and he was dropped by the Mashonaland franchise for that exact reason - but this time he had reason to run a little faster by the time the stopwatch started.I saw Hamilton Masakadza in the car park when I got to the ground, Masvaure said. He came up to me and said, Congratulations on making the Test side. I asked, Oh really, did I? Because I didnt get a call or anything. And he said, Yes, you made it, it was announced this afternoon. I couldnt believe that after so many years of hard work, it was actually happening.Masvaures cricket journey began with baseball. He was the junior school vice-captain and slugger, capable of hitting the ball a long way. When the fifth-grade team cricket team found themselves a player short, they asked him to fill in. From there, I just fell in love with the game, he remembered.And he was good at it too. He earned a scholarship to Churchill Boys High, the same institution that schooled Tatenda Taibu, Hamilton Masakadza, Douglas Hondo and Prosper Utseya. He played cricket in the summer and rugby in the winter. He was a batting allrounder, and alternated between centre and fly half, and was also a lot smaller than I am now.In 2003 he made the Zimbabwe Under-16 side and toured Namibia. That was my first time on a plane, he said. I just realised, if I keep on working hard, I can go somewhere.The next year Masvaure was selected for Zimbabwes U-19 side, the youngest player alongside Gary Ballance. He represented the team in four successive years, including at two junior World Cups: at the 2006 tournament he played just one match and did not bat, but in 2008 he was the captain. It was not a great outing for either Masvaure, who scored 39 runs at 6.50, or the team, which lost all six matches, but it gave them an idea of how tough international cricket was going to be.Masvaure came up against a New Zealand side captained by Kane Williamson in the opening match. While Williamson would go on to rise through the ranks, Masvaure battled his way (and his weight) to get ahead.In the first season of Zimbabwes franchise system, the 2009-10 summer, Masvaure was contracted to Mashonaland. He was not among their outstanding performers but he held down a regular place. Then, I got dropped because of my fitness.That forced him to move to Masvingo, where he played for Southern Rocks but struggled. In his first season there, he averaged 10.66 and considered giving up cricket altogether. I didnt have a good season, and at the same time, things with Zimbabwe Cricket were going up and down. Maybe I didnt do myself any favours since I couldnt get selected in teams because of my fitness. I thought I was pushing hard but people told me the same thing: that I could play well but I needed to improve on my fitness. So eventually I thought of trying something else instead, like maybe pursuing my education.Instead of the books, Masvaure eventually turned to farming and tried to grow Zimbabwes largest cash crop, tobacco. It was extremely hard, because with farming you need to be there 24/7, he said. And I also found that with doing other things, I was not putting as much time into cricket. I needed to do something that could actually make me earn a living. It was difficult to balance the two.Eventually several senior players convinced Masvaure that he had what it took to make it and persuaded him to make another move, to the Kwe-Kwe based Mid-West Rhinos. It paid off.In the 2014-15 season, Masvaure finished sixth on the Logan Cup batting charts, with 472 runs at 33.71, which included five fifties. He did not manage to follow that up with a strong 2015-16, but word had spread that he had promise. With Zimbabwe struggling for depth, especially in the batting department, after the retirement of Brendan Taylor, Masvaure was included in Zimbabwes A side to play South Africa A last month.For the first time since his U-19 days, he would face international bowlers like Vernon Philander. To ready himself for the challenge, Masvaure turned to religion. Nike Air Force 1 Dame. I am someone who believes in Jesus Christ. Just reading the Bible and knowing about Gods work gave me so much faith and belief in myself, he said. I told myself that if this is what happened, if Jesus did this and that, why can I not do the same thing? I told myself, I need to back myself, I need to believe I can do it before I go out there. The main thing that happened is that I believed I will make it before I even started playing the games.Getting players into the right mindset has been a problem for Zimbabwe, but Masvaure has showed what can happen when they are. He scored an unbeaten 88 in the first game and 146 in the second, against an attack that included Test bowlers Philander and Dane Piedt and promising quicks Andile Phehlukwayo, Sisanda Magala and Duanne Olivier.Those guys are world-class bowlers. I respect them a lot but what I told myself is that these guys are there to get me out and I am there to score runs, so if I try to play the names, its going to be hard. I tried to brush that off my mind and I said, let me just play the ball as it is. And then I scored against them, Masvaure said.Ten days after that, he was told he would have the opportunity to repeat the feat at the highest level, against New Zealand. Masvaure found out he would receive his Test cap the night before the first match, and admitted he was overawed. I tried to tell myself I am all right but I kept on breathing heavily. I had a lot of nerves. To be honest, I was scared, he said. But when we went out there and I received the cap, I was so emotional. And then when they sang the national anthem, I felt I was all right, I was ready for it, I was ready to give it a go.He had to be, because by the time he was called on, to bat in an unfamiliar position, No. 7, with the score at 72 for 5, Zimbabwe were in a precarious position. Before Masvaure had faced a ball, they lost three more wickets at the same score. He would have been forgiven if he had perished without adding to the total, but he remembered what had served him so well against South Africa A and tried to repeat it.It felt a bit different because when I went out there, I had to face spin first, whereas I am used to facing seam. I just had to adjust and get on with it, he said. I was very disappointed as well, because I know the guys were very good cricketers and what we displayed out there wasnt the way I have seen most of the guys play. It felt like this is not how we should be playing our cricket. We are better than that. I was disappointed. Everyone was getting out to the same delivery. That frustrated me a little bit. Masvaure saw off Neil Wagners short-ball spell and posted an 85-run stand with No. 10 batsman Donald Tiripano, to save his side some blushes.Zimbabwe cricket is in a state where people are saying cricket is dead, Masvaure says. My goal is to try and see if I can perform consistently so that people can recognise that there is still something in Zimbabwe cricket, to bring back the hope we used to have, that we can put up a good fight and try to win, not just to compete. Its something that really hurts me when you get to hear some of the comments people pass on from other countries. Its something that really touches me.He knows he needs to work on his fitness as much as on his batting. With Makhaya Ntini calling the shots as coach, Masvaure has taken up running, although he is still a little unsure how he will sustain that when he gets home. Maybe its because of my family. Everyone in my family is quite big. If I tell them I am running, you never know what they will think, he laughed.I have lost a bit of weight, thats what people say, but if I look at it, I feel the same. I still feel I need to lose more weight and that there is more work to be done. I am working hard on it. I feel I shouldnt look the way I do. But he knows he should keep playing cricket the way he does. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '