As a result, he stayed south of the | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
corse178 Okt 18 '17
WACO, Texas -- Manu Lecomte had 19 points and Al Freeman scored 18 as Baylor survived a late run by Florida Gulf Coast for an 81-72 win on Friday night. Patrick Patterson Jersey.Jo Lual-Acuil Jr. had 12 points and five blocks -- including two key swats late in the game -- for Baylor (3-0). Johnathan Motley scored 12 and Terry Maston had 10 points.Brandon Goodwin scored 22 for FGCU (1-2). Zach Johnson had 17 points, Christian Terrell came off the bench to score 16 and Antravious Simmons had 10 points.Baylor hit the first shot of the second half to take a 12-point lead but the Eagles used a 9-2 run to cut the advantage to 46-41 with 17:44 to play. FGCU eventually tied the game at 53 when Simmons hit a short turnaround jumper on the baseline with 11:41 remaining. The Eagles took their first lead -- 58-55 -- on a 3 by Johnson at the 10:13 mark.In Baylors 66-49 win over No. 4 Oregon on Thursday, the Bears led 33-23 at the half, and the Ducks whittled that down to 1.Thats twice in a row weve come out with 10-point leads and had those evaporate, Baylor coach Scott Drew said. We were sluggish against Oregon coming out in the zone, so we came out (tonight) in man. They made their first seven. That didnt really work, either. So I dont know what defense well come out in the second half next time.Florida Gulf Coast went scoreless for more than 4 1/2 minutes midway through the second half, and Baylor took advantage with a 9-0 run that put the Bears up 64-58 with 6:24 remaining. The Eagles pulled to within a point three times, but another 9-0 run from Baylor left the Bears up 77-67 with 37 seconds left.Baylor shot 65 percent (13-of-20) from the field in the first half, and was 12-of-28 (42 percent) in the second.I think we regrouped a little bit in the second half, FGCU coach Joe Dooley said. We got our defense a little bit more situated and got into a better offensive flow.Baylor made 27 of its 31 free throw attempts, and the Eagles were 10-of-11 from the line and 10-of-19 on 3-point attempts.We talked to our guys about taking what they give us, Dooley said. Baylor pushed and sort of crowded the inside a little bit. I thought the guys did a good job of penetrating and passing.BIG PICTUREWith Florida Gulf Coasts leading returning scorer and rebounder Marc-Eddy Norelia out with a broken hand, junior guard Brandon Goodwin has taken over the scoring, averaging 20 points in the Eagles first three games.Baylor should get a look from some voters in next weeks poll. The Bears notched a 66-49 home win over No. 4 Oregon on Tuesday. Baylor didnt receive any preseason poll votes this year for the first time since the 2009-10 season.TURNING POINT: After Florida Gulf Coasts Goodwin hit a 3 to tie the game at 24 with 7:09 left in the first half, Baylor went on a 12-2 run that left the Bears up 36-26 with 3:51 remaining. Lual-Acuil had a block and a dunk during the stretch.TIP-INS: Baylor won the NIT in 2013, the same year Florida Gulf Coat advanced to the NCAA Sweet 16 at what was then Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, 101 miles from the Bears home arena.HIGHLIGHT REEL: In the final 3 1/2 minutes, Lual-Acuil, the 7-footer from Melbourne, had two blocks, a put-back, a dunk and two offensive rebounds.UP NEXTFlorida Gulf Coast faces what could be its toughest opponent of the season when it plays at No. 13 Michigan State on Sunday in the Battle 4 Atlantis Mainland. However, the Spartans will likely drop in the next poll, as theyre winless this season after losing to Arizona in Hawaii and to Kentucky in Madison Square Garden.Baylor will continue in the Battle 4 Atlantis and face VCU on Wednesday at Paradise Island, Bahamas. Bruno Caboclo Raptors Jersey . Blackwood, 28, has played the last three seasons in the San Diego Padres system, including the past two summers with Class AA San Antonio of the Texas League. Jonas Valanciunas Jersey . The recently retired Stern was elected Friday to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame and will be enshrined with the class of 2014 on Aug. http:///...raptors-jersey-c-18/ . Gather a group of friends, or find a league to join online, draft your team, set your lineup and compete in a number of different formats.KAMLOOPS, B.C. -- As backup quarterbacks go, hes not an obvious choice. Thomas DeMarco completed only nine of 13 passes for the B.C. Lions in 2012, but other than starter Travis Lulay, he has more experience with the CFL club than any other signal-caller on the roster. Exactly one season. So DeMarco, a second-year pro, has the inside track on the Lions No. 2 quarterback position -- for now. "Ive got a headstart with that," he said Sunday as training camp opened. "Anyone whos been here for a little bit should be a little bit farther ahead." DeMarco is listed as No. 2 on the depth chart, but he and coach Mike Benevides stopped short of saying the backup job is his to lose. "I would never say that," said DeMarco. "But I would say that, as a competitor, when that spot is open, the first thing youre thinking about is that I wanna be that guy." Hes vying for the backup spot with Joey Elliott, who spent three seasons with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers until he was released. Chris Hart, a product of Florida-based Webber International who signed in April, is also vying for a job behind Lulay. Benevides says DeMarco has as an edge on Elliott as the former Blue Bomber learns the B.C. offence. "Certainly, (DeMarco) has got the inside track," said DeMarco. "Theres no doubt about it. But I am not going to commit to that -- either way -- for a long time. I need more information. I want go through the pre-season games." The No. 2 spot became vacant when former backup Mike Reilly was traded to the Edmonton Eskimos in January. Reillys departure, inevitable after Lulay signed a lucrative new contract, makes the backup QB battle the most compelling storyline at training camp. "Theres no doubt that this game, this league is about the quarterback," said Benevides. "You need strength at the backup position. Normally, they are called upon at some point in the season, and we have to find who that guy is. "Theres a lot of important decisions to make, but the quarterback position is, certainly, the one thats going to get the most attention, and is important to the quality of our depth." Reilly excelled on the field in Lulays absence, but the former Lions backup was also a strong sideline presence. He bounced ideas off the No. 1 signal-caller and gave him feedback. A loose, talkative character who was quick with a jab, Reilly had a close relationship with Lulay, both professionally and personally. Lulay believes DeMarco can fill the role, with the No. 1 quarterback noting that his understudy has becomme more assertive as he approaches his second season. Vince Carter Jersey. . DeMarco agreed with the assessment, adding more of his personality will be displayed as the season unfolds. "The biggest thing is, last year I didnt want to speak up or say things unless I knew (the offence)," he said. "I want to make sure Im teaching the guys the right way. Otherwise, I was very quiet ... Now that I know, Im a bolder person in general." DeMarco wants to provide the same "supporting act" as Reilly did, while still being himself. "You definitely have to balance," he said. "This is Travis team. As a quarterback, youre used to having your team, coming from college. Its a humbling experience to understand that guys have been doing this for a long time. "Firstly, I have to learn to be a backup. Its not something that Ive ever done, and its going to take a little bit of getting used to whats helpful for Travis. Im a different player from him." Benevides says that Elliott, whose obvious appeal is his CFL experience, also has a loose personality, similar to Reilly, that can suit the team well. Stressing that all of the quarterbacks are simply learning from Lulay, Elliott adds he can provide a calm presence when called upon. Based on his brief time with the organization, Hart faces long odds to stick with the team. He joined the Lions in April following former NFLer Rudy Carpenters release. Benevides says Hart likely would not be at camp if Carpenter had stayed around longer. The Lions will go with three QBs on their active roster, but Benevides is still deciding whether he will keep one more on the practice roster. B.C. also has new quarterbacks coach Jarious Jackson, a former B.C. and Toronto backup who retired after helping the Argonauts win the Grey Cup last season. "For me, I saw the relationship that Mike Reilly had with (Lulay), and that quarterback position is extremely critical and vital, and it needs constant eyes," said Benevides. "Adding (Jackson) to that is going to really help Travis Lulay do better." Note: Defensive lineman Adrian Awasom, acquired from Toronto in the Khalif Mitchell trade, was suspended on the weekend because he did not make it to camp due to a passport issue. Benevides says the move was just "paperwork" and Awasom still figures in the clubs plans. He was attempting to depart for Kamloops from the U.S. when he discovered that his Cameroonian passport jeopardized his chances gaining re-entry. As a result, he stayed south of the border for the time being. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '